A drop in ratings

KennyJun

Shaken, Not Stirred
Hello! I've been writing for a while but am new to the forums, so please forgive me for any gaffes or broken rules.

I love writing here, it's a perfect diversion from "real" life for a few hours here and there. And I'll be frank, in addition to enjoying the writing, I really like the little dopamine hits when I get comments or ratings.

Most of my stories are BDSM-themed, and I've been happy with the ratings and feedback I've gotten. However, my most recent story, called "A Taste of Stockholm in Mexico" has been viewed fairly widely and not rated nearly as well as my other stories. I'd love any feedback as to why that might be as I really enjoyed writing it, and felt like it was as good or better than most of my other work.

Here's the story link: https://literotica.com/s/a-taste-of-stockholm-in-mexico

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it was misplaced in the "NonConsent/Reluctance" category but I feel like it must be more than that. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Well, I don't write in Non-con, but the impression I had from many debates about the category is that femdom isn't really common or expected there. in BDSM both maledom and femdom fly without problems, as far as I have seen. I might give it a read, but to be able to judge and compare, I would need to read your other stories too, so I can't promise anything ;)

Well, I don't write in Non-con, but the impression I had from many debates about the category is that femdom isn't really common or expected there. in BDSM both maledom and femdom fly without problems, as far as I have seen. I might give it a read, but to be able to judge and compare, I would need to read your other stories too, so I can't promise anything ;)
Thanks for the feedback, interesting - it hadn't occurred to me that femdom wouldn't work there, but I guess it makes sense. Thanks again.

I read your story, I thought it was nicely done… so I’m thinking AwkwardlySet might be on to something here. The category is heavily maledom focused so it couldn’ve just been a miss with the readers.

I’ve also got a theory that publishing anything around last weekend effected viewership/ratings for a lot of writers, due to it being Mother’s Day weekend? It’s just a theory but I’ve definitely noticed a dip in presence with publishing a piece on Sunday compared to my usual rates over the last few weeks. Weirdly enough more feedback but definitely less attention overall.

Hit and miss is to be expected, don’t let it discourage you!

Last edited:
I read your story, I thought it was nicely done… so I’m thinking AwkwardlySet might be on to something here. The category is heavily maledom focused so it couldn’t just been a miss with the readers.

I’ve also got a theory that publishing anything around last weekend effected viewership/ratings for a lot of writers, due to it being Mother’s Day weekend? It’s just a theory but I’ve definitely noticed a dip in presence with publishing a piece on Sunday compared to my usual rates over the last few weeks. Weirdly enough more feedback but definitely less attention overall.

Hit and miss is to be expected, don’t let it discourage you!
Very interesting theory on the Mother's Day timing. Thanks for the feedback (and for reading my story)!

So I read the story, and I liked it. I really enjoy femdom and maledom stories, but I do agree with @seraph_nocturne that femdom stories tend to be less popular in general (at least in my experience).

That said, if I had to list a slight criticism in your story, perhaps it would be the lack of very strong emotions from the MMC early on. I mean, he's been captured and is being held by a criminal cartel... that would be terrifying, (at least for me) and yet I didn't sense any extreme emotions from him.

Fear is a very important flavor in the NC/R category. You don't want your characters to stay afraid... that's too realistic and no fun. But a little spike in adrenaline is a real side effect of being misused, so you expect to see it from the characters (at least until the fun begins 😏)

Either way, the story deserves a better rating than it got, and I did my part to boost it up to where it belongs. Hopefully it'll rise up to a better spot in the near future. 😁

Awesome, thanks very much for this feedback. Especially the advice around adding some emotion, you're absolutely right. Much appreciated.

Back