X-Men: A Bright New World OOC

Felix80

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Posts
1,472
Welcome! This is Felix80 of Literotica warning you to look around you! Your classmates! your friends! you never know which one of them may be a mutant, a person born with strange and wondrous powers!

Now some mutants, like the X-Men, use their powers for good! But then there are some mutants, the terrorist mutants, who plan to destroy the human race!

(Admittedly I stole that from Stan Lee.)

x+men+wallpaper-bananasprice.blogspot.com-X-Men+Wallpaper+117.jpg


This is a new start on LuckyVic's thread from 2009. If you're interested you can check it out, but that's not necessary, as this is a new thread, a new storyline and all new players.

We've had a long discussion on continuity and which universe we should base this game in. Some people like the nineties cartoon, some like the movie-verse, some like the comics. Me? I think the quintessential X-Men stories were the ones written by Chris Claremont while Jim Shooter was editor-in-chief of Marvel comics. But I digress...

What I've decided to do is start over. This will be a brand new world and as of the start of the thread the world has never heard of the X-Men, Magneto, The Mutant Brotherhood, the Hellfire Club, Apocalypse, the Mutant Liberation Front, Stryfe, Cable, the Starjammers, the Shi'ar, none of it! It doesn't mean some of those things don't exist, but the general populace is ignorant of it.

What the world does know is that three years ago four friends hijacked a rocket, went into space and came back with weird and marvelous powers! They are the Fantastic Four! They are the world's first superhumans!

Then came the Avengers! Billionaire Playboy Industrialist Tony Stark known for the powered armor he wears, Iron Man! Thor! the norse god of Thunder! Hulk, part rampaging beast, part hero! Captain America! Hero from over half a century ago who is a shining beacon of liberty and justice!

Last year a superhuman emerged who used his powers to entertain! Spider-man delighted crowds with his aerial acrobatics and web-slinging glory, playing in sold out arenas across the tri-state area! It was shortly after he made the jump to televised specials that the media mogul J. Jonah Jameson began an all out campaign against the wallcrawler. Spider-man gave up his career as an entertainer and instead became a vigilante, cruising the streets of New York and keeping the people safe from super-powered criminals!

Unknown to the world at large super humans are nothing new. Mutants have existed for centuries, keeping their existence hidden from the rest of mankind. A war is being waged between them, a secret war, a cold war. One side side stand those who believe that humanity needs to be wiped out or enslaved, and that mutants, or homo superior, are the rightful rulers of this planet! On the other side stand the ardent protectors of mankind! These are the mutants who believe that humans and mutants are one species and are willing to put their own lives on the line to protect humanity! They are the X-Men!


You are an X-Man. You were recruited and trained by Charles Xavier to fight for humanity against those who would do her harm. You live at his school in Westchester, New York along with the rest of the X-Men.

The world is about to learn of the existence of mutants and it will never be the same. Come and join the fight!
 
Cypher

Doug_Ramsey.jpg



Real Name: Douglas "Doug" Ramsey
Age: 18
Birthday: August 5th
Birthplace: Sacramento, California

Skills

Doug grew up in Washington DC, but spent his summers on his grandfather's ranch in California, learning to rope and ride from a young age. He has helped on numerous carpentry jobs, learned to shoot and is quite familiar with animal husbandry. His father is a congressman. In school he has shown an aptitude for soldering and electronics.

Gear/Equipment

Doug carries a laptop on missions. Generally he hacks into computer systems and databases while the others do the fighting. He does have a utility belt with some defensive weapons. It is amazing how many superhumans are vulnerable to pepperspray.

Powers/Abilities

Doug's brain processes at superspeed, especially for problem solving and pattern analysis. Doug picks up languages at an amazing rate and understands complex and advanced mathematics just by looking at it. This gives him an unparalleled skill at reading and comprehending computer languages.

While he cannot keep up with the other X-Men physically, in the digital world Doug is unmatched.

Background

Doug grew up in two very different worlds. One world was the private schools and high society of being a congressman's son. The other world was a pastoral existence on his grandfather's ranch. He was quite happy in either world.

When Xavier came to his parents and explained that Doug was a mutant, and proved it by letting Doug learn Portuguese in minutes by turning on a Portuguese television channel.

The Ramsey's loved their son and were happy to send him to Xavier's school for the last year.
 
Last edited:
Nice job "Felix80"! :) People let's work on those bios and post them here, we shall use this thread from now on for the OOC!

Participants thus far:
Lachiyous(Gambit)
Felix80(Cypher)
tcost(Professor X)
spazmodious(Nightcrawler)
Tight_n_ready(Rogue)
shadowlace(Jubilee/Siryn)
 
Jubilee
marvel-encyclopedia-jubilee-1-100k.jpg


Real name: Jubilation Lee
Hgt:5'5"
Wgt:115
Age:18

Skills: She was an Olympic Qualified Acrobat, and has some basic fighting skills,mostly self defense classes. She is a decent video gamer.

Equipment: Aside from the standard Suit of unstable molecules she also wears her trademark pink shades and long yellow coat.

Powers: She can generate Energy Plasmoids: Jubilee possessed the mutant ability to generate what she calls her "fireworks:" energy globules that varied in degrees of power and intensity. The globules obeyed her mental control, traveling where she directed them, arranging themselves in balls, streamers, and other shapes, and exploding when she wished. These combinations could result in anything from a multitude of colorful sparkles capable of temporarily blinding a person to a fairly powerful detonation, capable of smashing tree trunks or metal objects. Jubilee could absorb the fireworks back into her own body without harm. According to the Professor, she had the potential to detonate matter at a sub-atomic level.

and also have Psionic shields:Jubilee's mind possessed a natural defense against telepathic detection or attack. These psionic shields rendered her mind "slippery" and invisible to telepathic beings unless they knew precisely what to mentally scan for.

Background: Jubilation Lee was a normal teenage girl who loved her family and her friends. However when her powers manifested at 16 she was working to become an Oylimpic gymnast when she manifested at the trails, she was chased out. it didn't stop there the government sent people to get her one night while she was at the mall and they killed her parents.

She found out when she tried to return and lived on the streets for a year, until the professor sought her out and brought her to the institute she has been there for two years now
 
Nice bio! Approved!

Once I get the IC thread up and running (I want to hammer out a few more plot details and get everyone's bios in first) feel free to post.

Are you doing Siryn too?
 
Siryn
character_30369_f.jpg

Theresa Cassidy
Hgt:5'7"
Wgt:130
hair:Red
Eyes:Green
Age:21

Skills: She is an accomplished singer and a skilled marksmen as her family the Cassidys' raised her as a proper lady as well as hair to a lordship in Ireland. her Brother is an old friend of the Professor and an Interpol Superagent as well.

Powers:
Sound Manipulation which she can do the following things
-Audiokinesis: ability to create various sonic effects through the combined action of her vocal cords and limited psionic powers which can only be used in conjunction with the sounds she produce
-Sonic Scream: Siryn can cause her vocal cords to vibrate over a wide range of sonic frequencies and produce a volume of sound ranging up to at least 140 decibels. Siryn has thus the ability to shatter solid objects with a sonic scream
-Flight: Siryn can use the sonic vibrations of her scream as a carrier wave.
-Sonic Lance: By focusing her sonic vibrations while screaming into an intense beam. This is used as a sort of "battering ram" that can stun or even destroy most solid objects.
-Sonar: can use her sonic powers as a form of sonar. By sending out a precise, pure note and listening to the returning, altered wavefront of the note, she can evaluate her surroundings in total darkness with varying degrees of resolution.
-Sonic Null Field: can project a field of silence in a area making no sound reach outside the area or no sound outside the area in.
-Sonic Amplification: can amplify sound carrier waves allowing her to hear conversations or noises from far off.
-Sonic Shield: can tighten sound waves around herself or others near her, making a barrier against outside attack.
-Vocal Disorientation: ability to change someone’s balance, by affecting their equilibrium using her sonic scream.
-Vocal Trance: ability to subtly influence peoples subconscious mind by changing the tones and vibrations of her voice using sonics, the effects tend towards blatant hypnosis
-Vocal Unconsciousness: ability to affect the fluid in someone’s ear causing the person to go unconscious.
-Siren's Song: ability to influence human beings with a certain pitch of her voice, causing them to fall in love with her without regard to gender or sexual orientation.
-Sound Immunity: Siryn's hearing and equilibrium are unaffected by the effects of her scream and similar abilities.
-Superhuman Vocal Stamina: Her vocal cords are tremendously strong, so that she can produce sonic effects through screaming constantly for hours at a time without noticeably tiring or injuring her vocal apparatus. Siryn’s vocal cords and the interiors of her throat and mouth are also superhumanly tough, so that the intense pressures and constrictions that she produces do not cause her any injury.

History: Theresa is the sister of one of the Interpol super agent called Banshee. She was raised in her families estate and when Sean couldn't help her anymore he sent her to the professor at age 17. She has been at the school for 4 years.

In those four years she has learned a lot. She has flirted with her various team mates including the professor himself. She often drinks alot and tends to sneak into some random persons room to snuggle with them. She though finds most of this tedious now but remains her as her brothers are dukeing it out again in Ireland and her residence is currently in limbo so she stays to help the professor and takes correspondence coarse through NYU
 
Last edited:
Very nice job so far gang, I'm working on GAMBIT's profile and will have it ready within the next couple of days(sorry!), I'm thinking he's going to be 23 by the way...in case anyone else needed/wanted a point of reference ;)

"shadowlace": Have you started practicing that Irish accent all ready?? *tease* :) :) :)
 
Siryn is approved.

I am working on the first post. I plan to give us time to wander the mansion a bit and interact before the action starts.
 
Give me some time and I will claim dibs on the emerald coiffed mistress of magnetism, Polaris!:D
 
Hellz yeah "Wyldfire"!!! :)

"Felix80", please give us all time to get our profiles up before starting the IC thread....would be appreciated! Thanks bud :)
 
Hellz yeah "Wyldfire"!!! :)

"Felix80", please give us all time to get our profiles up before starting the IC thread....would be appreciated! Thanks bud :)

LOL, don't be too happy Lach. Look at the way I've treated other concepts.... Does the X-Men really need a Magneto jr. with bad daddy issues?
 
Are we to allowing multiple charries yet? I also have a concept for our dear Laura Howlett as well and I'd be willing to run her in sidebars for a while too if that'd help.... Also are we allowing for cross-genders? I have a concept for Thunderbird/Warpath on that bent as well........
 
You will have time between the first post and the call to arms. I want to accommodate those eager to play who have finished their profiles without penalizing those who need more time. A few days (real time, a few hours game time) of walking around the grounds and interacting should be an easy way to get everyone introduced.

Wyld, glad to have you. Considering the first battle is going to be against the Master of Magnetism, having Polaris around isn't a bad idea. Was that a spoiler?

Just remember that no one knows that Magneto even exists yet. It is a bright new world after all.
 
You will have time between the first post and the call to arms. I want to accommodate those eager to play who have finished their profiles without penalizing those who need more time. A few days (real time, a few hours game time) of walking around the grounds and interacting should be an easy way to get everyone introduced.

Wyld, glad to have you. Considering the first battle is going to be against the Master of Magnetism, having Polaris around isn't a bad idea. Was that a spoiler?

Just remember that no one knows that Magneto even exists yet. It is a bright new world after all.

As Lorna isn't a known factor yet either it makes sense that the daddy/daughter war spilling into the scene at the same time would make perfect sense. Gives the Prof something to think about, no? Hell, Mags has three kids in this mess as it stands (only one being played so far..... Unless I get the psycho intent and have someone playing Pietro...)
 
Laura Howlett? Is that X-23? I don't keep up like I should. I'd prefer a female Thunderbird over X-23. Also, I have zero problems with reversed genders.

Right now I've let Lacey do two because this is a sausage fest, which would be more pleasant if sausage meant sausage and not penis. If you want to claim two that will give us 5 female toons to 4 male toons, and that should be good for now. Cypher is pretty much a non-combatant, and I'm waiting to hear back from tcost to see what he wants to do with Chucky X.

Roster so far:

Jubilee
Siryn
Polaris
Gambit
Rogue
Nightcrawler
Cypher
Prof X
Female Thunderbird/Laura Howlett

Not your normal original X-Men, but its a bright new world.
 
Laura Howlett? Is that X-23? I don't keep up like I should. I'd prefer a female Thunderbird over X-23. Also, I have zero problems with reversed genders.

Right now I've let Lacey do two because this is a sausage fest, which would be more pleasant if sausage meant sausage and not penis. If you want to claim two that will give us 5 female toons to 4 male toons, and that should be good for now. Cypher is pretty much a non-combatant, and I'm waiting to hear back from tcost to see what he wants to do with Chucky X.

Roster so far:

Jubilee
Siryn
Polaris
Gambit
Rogue
Nightcrawler
Cypher
Prof X
Female Thunderbird/Laura Howlett

Not your normal original X-Men, but its a bright new world.

Bless yer heart Felix:D...... Joan Proudstar was my first choice in all of that..... I may still use her in sidebars at first though:D... Hell with Thunderbird. Hell with Warpath..... Let there be the Wardance!
 
I believe "Laura Kinney" is her actual name, being that she is more of a clone of Wolvie than a daughter, even if she is treated/he-aspires-her-as-one. She's a cool character for sure though!!

I was contemplating on playing another character myseld(Wolvie/Jamie Madrox/Kid Omega/etc) and would even offer to play Quicksilver(but potentially THREE Speed Freaks would be OVERkill for sure!!!).....I want to pace myself for now though.....;)

And "Wyldfire"...I thought a gal with some deep rooted DADDY issues were quite the PREQUISITE for a good time, hmm??? *wink*
 
attachment.php

Name: Lorna Dane
Callsign: Polaris
Age: 24

Skills:
Lorna has just completed college with a Business major and a minor in accounting. But that is simply the mundane aspects of her training. Driven by what her mother called "Father's drive", Lorna pushed herself to excellence in athletics as well as academics. If it was a girl's sport in high school and college Lorna was competent in it. She also learned ballroom dancing and is training in Krav Maga. Nothing came easily to young Lorna but she persevered and worked for everything she has achieved. She has just graduated from the Xavier academy, and like Siryn, is helping out at the school as a mentor for some of the younger mutants. She keeps some of her personal views about mutantkind to herself at the Professor's request, as she is a bit on the extreme side of that particular debate.

Powers:
At the onset of puberty Lorna's powers had manifested. Her mother did not know what to do for her daughter and was at wits end when the man showed up offering to help. Lorna's mother recognized him right away and was outraged to think this man would dare show his face after so many years. In the long run it was decided that the man would help Lorna, however, there was a demand from Lorna's mother. He could not let Lorna know who he was. Over the next several months Lorna learned to keep her powers under control. What mother had not found out about was the indoctrination Lorna received about what she was.

Lorna has practiced in private on the manipulations of her powers and has some amount of control of them. Her power is the control of magnetism (see Magneto's capabilities, however not quite as skilled as he is.)

Equipment:

Lorna keeps a few small pouches of ferrous ball bearings secreted about her costume as well as having ferrous metals weaved into her costume.
 

Attachments

  • 3099714-polaris.jpg
    3099714-polaris.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
So wait, before I decide to hop into this thread, I'm still a little confused by the setting. Is this going to be "normal world" or is everyone aware of all the super people (F4, Avengers, etc.) that you mentioned in the first post? :3
 
So wait, before I decide to hop into this thread, I'm still a little confused by the setting. Is this going to be "normal world" or is everyone aware of all the super people (F4, Avengers, etc.) that you mentioned in the first post? :3

From the way I read it, the others are still new in the world's view and mutantkind is still in the shadows. This team will be the non-canon "first class" of X-Men.
 
"wulfette": Are you a male or female individual? "Felix80" is running the show here and will have to make the call if we are letting in others in besides the current roster. If he does allow it, which character are you most interested in assuming the role of?

*liiiiiiiiikes the Salvador Larroca pic of the MISTRESS of MAGNETISM!*

"Felix80": Speaking of which, you're going to have to make the call, on how many -- if any -- more participants you want involved in this. And/or when you want to "shut" the door to the roster. To make things definitive and all. Agreed? ;)
 
"MasterEnna": Thanks for your interest. We shall wait to hear from "Felix80" as HE is the creatrix-and-ruler of this roleplay. I assume you are male by your choice of characters.

Stay tuned in this thread people to see if we are allowing more participants or not. Thanks! :)
 
Back
Top