Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #201
ILMilfLover
Really Experienced
 
ILMilfLover is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 284
.....

Last edited by ILMilfLover : 08-26-2013 at 05:32 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #202
redgryphon
Really Experienced
 
redgryphon is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 103
Hi!

Well, ILMilfLover, you just "humped us onto page 9 of our little thread here
__________________
You can't get your panties in a bunch if you're not wearing any
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #203
Dsingleguy
Experienced
 
Dsingleguy is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 50
grrr

Oh miss gryphon,

you will be giggling like a school girl.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #204
Dsingleguy
Experienced
 
Dsingleguy is offline
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 50
hmm

I think you need to make a trip into town, lol
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #205
ILMilfLover
Really Experienced
 
ILMilfLover is offline
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 284
.....

Last edited by ILMilfLover : 08-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #206
redgryphon
Really Experienced
 
redgryphon is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 103
lol

Hey, somebody had to do it.
__________________
You can't get your panties in a bunch if you're not wearing any
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #207
havingfun3
Experienced
 
havingfun3 is offline
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 32
you can say that again
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #208
JayAhr
Virgin
 
JayAhr is offline
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6
Corsets and New Home

I am liking that you and your new house are a matched persona. You are dressing and living the time that the house was built. Good for you.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #209
slick357
Virgin
 
slick357 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Wink bourbonnais boy

I just signed up with this and didn't know there where sexy women on here that lived that close.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #210
redgryphon
Really Experienced
 
redgryphon is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 103
It suits me

I will post more pix of the house as I get it decorated. I have bought ceiling fans, light fixtures, and furniture all to keep with the turn of the last century feel of the house. Carpets are being removed and hard wood floors restored, any woodwork in the house is being matched and replaced properly and we are playing with ideas so input is welcome!! Especially for the servant's room. The pix here are of the master bedroom with 2 walk in closets, the servant's room, and in my closet, the small door that connects the closet with the servant's room. That servant's room is about 6X15 with a small L shaped turn at the end where it opens into the closet. Thinking about expanding the bathroom which is on the other side. It is already a big bathroom but I wouldn't mind adding a stand up shower and a towel closet in the bathroom. What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-09-04_16-43-57_328.jpg (99.0 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg house7.jpg (10.4 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg house8.jpg (12.3 KB, 177 views)
__________________
You can't get your panties in a bunch if you're not wearing any
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #211
JoyDyan
Short and Sweet
 
JoyDyan's Avatar
 
JoyDyan is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Middle of a cornfield in the Midwest U.S.
Posts: 16,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgryphon View Post
I will post more pix of the house as I get it decorated. I have bought ceiling fans, light fixtures, and furniture all to keep with the turn of the last century feel of the house. Carpets are being removed and hard wood floors restored, any woodwork in the house is being matched and replaced properly and we are playing with ideas so input is welcome!! Especially for the servant's room. The pix here are of the master bedroom with 2 walk in closets, the servant's room, and in my closet, the small door that connects the closet with the servant's room. That servant's room is about 6X15 with a small L shaped turn at the end where it opens into the closet. Thinking about expanding the bathroom which is on the other side. It is already a big bathroom but I wouldn't mind adding a stand up shower and a towel closet in the bathroom. What do you guys think?
I love older houses....looks like it's a beautiful house!
__________________
“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behaviour, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

“If you've dated a redhead, raise your glass...if you haven't, raise your standards." - Unknown

✿⊱ ╮ тнε cαкε тняεα∂ ╰⊰✿ ~ ✿⊱ ╮ нσυsε σғ вℓυ ╰⊰✿
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #212
JoyDyan
Short and Sweet
 
JoyDyan's Avatar
 
JoyDyan is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Middle of a cornfield in the Midwest U.S.
Posts: 16,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick357 View Post
I just signed up with this and didn't know there where sexy women on here that lived that close.
Welcome to Lit!
__________________
“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behaviour, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

“If you've dated a redhead, raise your glass...if you haven't, raise your standards." - Unknown

✿⊱ ╮ тнε cαкε тняεα∂ ╰⊰✿ ~ ✿⊱ ╮ нσυsε σғ вℓυ ╰⊰✿
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #213
redgryphon
Really Experienced
 
redgryphon is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 103
Talking hi there slick357!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick357 View Post
I just signed up with this and didn't know there where sexy women on here that lived that close.
Yes we are here and we are a lot of fun
__________________
You can't get your panties in a bunch if you're not wearing any
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #214
photograph
His Snarky Porcupine
 
photograph's Avatar
 
photograph is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 13,906
Beautiful house! I'm loving the hardwood flooring throughout!! One of these days, I will have my Victorian house.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #215
Wile E
Pseudo Intellectual
 
Wile E's Avatar
 
Wile E is offline
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Back to the drawing board
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by photograph View Post
Beautiful house! I'm loving the hardwood flooring throughout!! One of these days, I will have my Victorian house.
I have a craftsman bungalow, but it has a lot of built in cabinets and a lot of wood throughout on all the door frames and crown molding. Plus hardwood floors! They really used to know how to make houses.
__________________
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless experience proves you wrong.
Remember, when the emperor looks naked, the emperor IS naked.
The truth and a lie are not sort of the same thing.
And there is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life that can't be improved with pizza. --- Daria
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #216
redgryphon
Really Experienced
 
redgryphon is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 103
old houses

These older homes just have so much more character than the newer cookie cutter identical ones. They just make me sad and you can't even use energy efficiency as a reason. The house I am in now is plenty warm and cozy. You just have to make sure to add weather stripping around doors and windows and other things like that. The plaster walls are great insulators.

On another note, I really despise Verizon lately. I upgraded 3 weeks early so it had to be done by phone rather than in store. Fine. I set that all up and paid a fortune by debit card which they had no problem taking out of my account right away. Only problem is the person on the phone didn't bother to have me accept the terms and conditions of the new contract so the phones that were to go out last wednesday to arrive friday, did not. I called on saturday to ask where they were and was informed that they didn't ship and why. Ugh. So I did the terms and conditions thing (for all three lines) and they were now to ship out Monday and arrive yesterday because fed ex doesn't ship on sunday. Fine. Still not here last night? I call again and she said "yes, they tried to deliver at 1:07 PM" I told her that was funny since I was sitting right here at that time. Turns out that they ignored the address we have given them 3 times now and tried to ship to the old home address. We gave them the new address when we moved so that the bill would come to the right place. I gave them the correct address when I ordered the phones AND on saturday when I fixed the other problem. Now I had to give it to them again, make them send a correction to fed ex which will cost yet another day or two. I was given $50 off of my bill and a bunch of useless apologies that mean nothing if these people can't bother to do their jobs correctly. It isn't that difficult, people!! well, wish me luck. It is hard to share new pix with you guys the way my current phone is working
__________________
You can't get your panties in a bunch if you're not wearing any
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #217
JoyDyan
Short and Sweet
 
JoyDyan's Avatar
 
JoyDyan is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Middle of a cornfield in the Midwest U.S.
Posts: 16,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgryphon View Post
These older homes just have so much more character than the newer cookie cutter identical ones. They just make me sad and you can't even use energy efficiency as a reason. The house I am in now is plenty warm and cozy. You just have to make sure to add weather stripping around doors and windows and other things like that. The plaster walls are great insulators.

On another note, I really despise Verizon lately. I upgraded 3 weeks early so it had to be done by phone rather than in store. Fine. I set that all up and paid a fortune by debit card which they had no problem taking out of my account right away. Only problem is the person on the phone didn't bother to have me accept the terms and conditions of the new contract so the phones that were to go out last wednesday to arrive friday, did not. I called on saturday to ask where they were and was informed that they didn't ship and why. Ugh. So I did the terms and conditions thing (for all three lines) and they were now to ship out Monday and arrive yesterday because fed ex doesn't ship on sunday. Fine. Still not here last night? I call again and she said "yes, they tried to deliver at 1:07 PM" I told her that was funny since I was sitting right here at that time. Turns out that they ignored the address we have given them 3 times now and tried to ship to the old home address. We gave them the new address when we moved so that the bill would come to the right place. I gave them the correct address when I ordered the phones AND on saturday when I fixed the other problem. Now I had to give it to them again, make them send a correction to fed ex which will cost yet another day or two. I was given $50 off of my bill and a bunch of useless apologies that mean nothing if these people can't bother to do their jobs correctly. It isn't that difficult, people!! well, wish me luck. It is hard to share new pix with you guys the way my current phone is working
So All that sitting around yesterday, for nothing! Oh, does that ever suck!

I bet they get that bill to the right address, though!
__________________
“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behaviour, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

“If you've dated a redhead, raise your glass...if you haven't, raise your standards." - Unknown

✿⊱ ╮ тнε cαкε тняεα∂ ╰⊰✿ ~ ✿⊱ ╮ нσυsε σғ вℓυ ╰⊰✿
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #218
beachbum1958
Experienced
 
beachbum1958 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the Island of Ramandu, gratefully seated at the stone table where the three Lords sleep...
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgryphon View Post
These older homes just have so much more character than the newer cookie cutter identical ones. They just make me sad and you can't even use energy efficiency as a reason. The house I am in now is plenty warm and cozy. You just have to make sure to add weather stripping around doors and windows and other things like that. The plaster walls are great insulators.

On another note, I really despise Verizon lately. I upgraded 3 weeks early so it had to be done by phone rather than in store. Fine. I set that all up and paid a fortune by debit card which they had no problem taking out of my account right away. Only problem is the person on the phone didn't bother to have me accept the terms and conditions of the new contract so the phones that were to go out last wednesday to arrive friday, did not. I called on saturday to ask where they were and was informed that they didn't ship and why. Ugh. So I did the terms and conditions thing (for all three lines) and they were now to ship out Monday and arrive yesterday because fed ex doesn't ship on sunday. Fine. Still not here last night? I call again and she said "yes, they tried to deliver at 1:07 PM" I told her that was funny since I was sitting right here at that time. Turns out that they ignored the address we have given them 3 times now and tried to ship to the old home address. We gave them the new address when we moved so that the bill would come to the right place. I gave them the correct address when I ordered the phones AND on saturday when I fixed the other problem. Now I had to give it to them again, make them send a correction to fed ex which will cost yet another day or two. I was given $50 off of my bill and a bunch of useless apologies that mean nothing if these people can't bother to do their jobs correctly. It isn't that difficult, people!! well, wish me luck. It is hard to share new pix with you guys the way my current phone is working
I find myself quite surprised by your comments; I lived for a while in California before moving back to England, and I was always impressed by the American attitude to customer service, as opposed to the woeful service we get here in the UK - the telphone company here uses call-centres based in India, so when you try and get something done, you end up speaking to some girl who parrots back to you stock phrases she doesn't really understand, in a language she barely speaks, and which seem to have been originally translated from Dutch into English by a Korean rice-husker. The problem here is that we brits seem to to believe that big faceless corporations giving us the finger is all a part of life's rich tapestry...
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #219
redgryphon
Really Experienced
 
redgryphon is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 103
Angry Yep

I am told that I can leave a note for the fed ex guy and since the package doesn't require a signature, he is allowed to leave it if he has a note. I will try that but you can bet that since I still own the other house I will put the same note on that door and check before I head home from work. kind of a CYA situation because Verizon can't seem to find theirs with both hands a gps and a flashlight. On an entertaining side note, the first time I drove to my new house I used my Verizon navigator on my current phone. I typed in the address and it took me right to the front door. Yesterday evening when I was trying to figure out why in the hell they sent the phones to my old address, the woman on the phone told me my address was "invalid"...really?! I'm standing right here. Oh and YOUR GPS knows where it is!!!! I mean how hard is it to take the proper steps to make sure things were done right the first time?
__________________
You can't get your panties in a bunch if you're not wearing any
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #220
1nut1der
Agressive mediocrity
 
1nut1der's Avatar
 
1nut1der is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: IL
Posts: 1,115
Ugh

I'm literally "in the sticks", meaning the woods hide the entrance which leads to the house 1/4 mile off the road and have that problem constantly. Sometimes the Fed-ex or UPS driver stays the same for a year or so but they always change and I always get screwed on the next package. So I feel your pain Lady Gryphon. Good luck.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 PM   #221
JoyDyan
Short and Sweet
 
JoyDyan's Avatar
 
JoyDyan is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Middle of a cornfield in the Midwest U.S.
Posts: 16,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1958 View Post
I find myself quite surprised by your comments; I lived for a while in California before moving back to England, and I was always impressed by the American attitude to customer service, as opposed to the woeful service we get here in the UK - the telphone company here uses call-centres based in India, so when you try and get something done, you end up speaking to some girl who parrots back to you stock phrases she doesn't really understand, in a language she barely speaks, and which seem to have been originally translated from Dutch into English by a Korean rice-husker. The problem here is that we brits seem to to believe that big faceless corporations giving us the finger is all a part of life's rich tapestry...
It's the same call centers we get here...totally frustrating! Have to explain six thousand times what it is we want!
__________________
“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behaviour, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

“If you've dated a redhead, raise your glass...if you haven't, raise your standards." - Unknown

✿⊱ ╮ тнε cαкε тняεα∂ ╰⊰✿ ~ ✿⊱ ╮ нσυsε σғ вℓυ ╰⊰✿
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #222
JoyDyan
Short and Sweet
 
JoyDyan's Avatar
 
JoyDyan is offline
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Middle of a cornfield in the Midwest U.S.
Posts: 16,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nut1der View Post
I'm literally "in the sticks", meaning the woods hide the entrance which leads to the house 1/4 mile off the road and have that problem constantly. Sometimes the Fed-ex or UPS driver stays the same for a year or so but they always change and I always get screwed on the next package. So I feel your pain Lady Gryphon. Good luck.
Pretty rural here, too...UPS used GPS, and my address shows up wrong in it....the next town over for some reason. constant phone calls asking where we are! Ah, joy of country living!
__________________
“There is no beautifier of complexion, or form, or behaviour, like the wish to scatter joy and not pain around us.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

“If you've dated a redhead, raise your glass...if you haven't, raise your standards." - Unknown

✿⊱ ╮ тнε cαкε тняεα∂ ╰⊰✿ ~ ✿⊱ ╮ нσυsε σғ вℓυ ╰⊰✿
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #223
redgryphon
Really Experienced
 
redgryphon is offline
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 103
finally

Well it is a good thing I decided to cover my ass and put notes at both locations for the fed ex guy. Through no fault of theirs, one package was delivered to the correct address and one to the old address. Yet another Verizon employee did a half assed job. She knew I had two orders but only send fed ex the address change on one...
__________________
You can't get your panties in a bunch if you're not wearing any
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #224
photograph
His Snarky Porcupine
 
photograph's Avatar
 
photograph is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 13,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E View Post
I have a craftsman bungalow, but it has a lot of built in cabinets and a lot of wood throughout on all the door frames and crown molding. Plus hardwood floors! They really used to know how to make houses.
Yes they did. I absolutely love the older homes with the beautiful moldings and built-ins.
  Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #225
photograph
His Snarky Porcupine
 
photograph's Avatar
 
photograph is offline
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 13,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by redgryphon View Post
These older homes just have so much more character than the newer cookie cutter identical ones. They just make me sad and you can't even use energy efficiency as a reason. The house I am in now is plenty warm and cozy. You just have to make sure to add weather stripping around doors and windows and other things like that. The plaster walls are great insulators.
I agree. There is so much more to the older homes, and I have no desire to live in a cookie cutter house. I want a beautiful old Victorian.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 AM.

Copyright 1998-2013 Literotica Online. Literotica is a registered trademark.