Story Critique Queue

CrimsonMaiden

Pretty in Pink
Welcome to the Story Discussion Circle!

This is the thread to post in if you wish to have your story critiqued. For some helpful information of what this forum is about and how it functions, go here.

The suggested discussion format is here.

Here's an example discussion.

Once the discussion is approved, an author can start the thread by clicking here.

Questions? Just click here and ask away.

Go here for the Archival Discussion to 03/27/04 and go here for the Archival Discussion to 11-14-08.

Last edited:
I'll volunteer to go first.

"Trapped" is just under 15,000 words. It's in the non-erotic category.

note to all

i'm still here. crimson and i will be coordinating efforts. penny is tied up at the moment, i gather.

jan

moderator.

I may submit one when I get it finished. It's only 2K words at present but I have no idea how long it will take to finish.

I've got a former Last Place (TM) winner I wouldn't mind throwing out there.

I tried to play a ridiculous idea completely dead straight. I'm curious to know if people think that can work or whether it's always doomed to failure.

Okay, since hydra's is already done, it'll be next in line. When Lynn's finishes, then hydra will be up.

VM, just post back in here when you are finished if you still want to offer yours for critique. :)

It is in the erotic couplings category and is approximately 2800 words long.

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=404069

PS how do I get the link to be underlined and the title of the story, instead of the long URL?

You can go after me if you want (unless VM's is up and ready).

I'm just waiting until the discussion on MistressLynn's has ended and then I'll put mine up. Probably tomorrow sometime. Mine might be a very short discussion along the lines of "Yes" and "next!". :D

I did know how to make the title link underlined at some point, but I've sadly forgotten. I think it's a tag thing - someone else will know.

whoopsie - prempted. My netiquette skills are fairly basic sadly. It's up and ready to be torn to pieces.

Hope I wont get drummed out of here -

I am wanting to put up the first portion of my newest story.
Its not erotica - its a romance - but :)

If I am welcome - I will post only here... as its not ready to go up on the fences... Just the first part. (its about a hundred pages) the first part is about 20....

I will be gone until the evening of the second so if you can let me know today :)

but what I am really thinking is of posting the part I am having the most difficulty with. Damnit.

I am wanting to put up the first portion of my newest story.
Its not erotica - its a romance - but :)

If I am welcome - I will post only here... as its not ready to go up on the fences... Just the first part. (its about a hundred pages) the first part is about 20....

I will be gone until the evening of the second so if you can let me know today :)

but what I am really thinking is of posting the part I am having the most difficulty with. Damnit.

I'll put you in line behind hydra as long as VM doesn't come in and say he's done with his before that. So... it'll be at least a week before you'll be up.

I'll put you in line behind hydra as long as VM doesn't come in and say he's done with his before that. So... it'll be at least a week before you'll be up.

Thanks Crim...
I've never done this particular aspect here at lit.... its very different when its your friends reading it....
Just let me know.

Also - do I need to have a synopsis?

eta: Doh - never mind :)

Last edited:
Presented for the approval of the story discussion circle and awaiting permission to have critiqued, I give you "Eros Academy, Part 1."

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=404126&page=1

Do we have your word that you will stick around to critique others' stories (at least a couple)? That's the point of this forum. We are being a bit more lenient of that for the moment so we can get more activity here, but I would like everyone who has a story critiqued to make an effort to participate. There are a couple of recent stories posted that you could read and give your opinions on.

Hi Crim,

I have a story I plan on submitting to Lit, (just waiting for one more bit of editorial feedback), and I'd like to put it the Story Critique Queue.

It's just under 10,000 words, so would it be better if I broke it up into 3000 word sections? Let me know what is best.

I have been participating in the discussion circle and intend to continue doing so.

Thanks,
Keroin

Do we have your word that you will stick around to critique others' stories (at least a couple)? That's the point of this forum. We are being a bit more lenient of that for the moment so we can get more activity here, but I would like everyone who has a story critiqued to make an effort to participate. There are a couple of recent stories posted that you could read and give your opinions on.

I can't promise they'll be good critiques, or that I'll stick to any kind of calendar, but sure, if this is posted I'll commit to weighing in on other pieces.

BTW, am I missing something obvious or are there not any icons for bold, italic, hyperlinks, etc.?

Hi Crim,

I have a story I plan on submitting to Lit, (just waiting for one more bit of editorial feedback), and I'd like to put it the Story Critique Queue.

It's just under 10,000 words, so would it be better if I broke it up into 3000 word sections? Let me know what is best.

I have been participating in the discussion circle and intend to continue doing so.

Thanks,
Keroin

Yes, I've seen your critiques. :) Since Stan is committing to critique, I'm going to put him first since he requested before you did. You'll be in line after him.

I can't promise they'll be good critiques, or that I'll stick to any kind of calendar, but sure, if this is posted I'll commit to weighing in on other pieces.

BTW, am I missing something obvious or are there not any icons for bold, italic, hyperlinks, etc.?

Okay, I'll hold you to that. I'm going to give Christabelll's a bit more time. I will notify you when you can post yours.

The formatting for bold, italics, etc. is at the top of the posting box along with other formatting options.

Hi Crim,

Sorry to do this but I have to pull my story from the queue. It has been accepted for publication elsewhere (yes, real gig!) and so I won't be submitting it to Lit after all. Many apologies!

Cheers,
Keroin

Hi Crim,

Sorry to do this but I have to pull my story from the queue. It has been accepted for publication elsewhere (yes, real gig!) and so I won't be submitting it to Lit after all. Many apologies!

Cheers,
Keroin

No problem. I understand. :)

Back