Old 09-16-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
Mindfondler
Absentee

Thumbs up Team PM!

New! [1st July 2015] I've added instructions here as a quick reference for anyone joining this thread:

What is Team PM?

Team PM is a self-declared community of Litsters who wish to indicate to others that they will always welcome the receipt of unsolicited Personal Messages that are friendly and respectful.

How do I join Team PM?

Probably the best way to demonstrate that you are part of Team PM is to include a link in your forum signature to say so and to provide an easy way for others to send you a PM.

How do I add a Team PM link to my signature?

Here are the suggested steps:

1. On the top bar of the Lit page, click on "Quick Links" and select "My Profile". In your web browser bar, you should see an address of the form "forum.literotica.com/member.php?u=XXXXXXX". Make a note of the XXXXXXX number -- this is your own user ID on Lit.

2. On the top bar of the Lit page, click on "User CP". In the Control Panel that appears on the left, select "Edit Signature". Copy and paste the following code (without any line breaks) into the "Edit Signature" text box in an appropriate position in your signature. Replace XXXXXXX below with your user ID that you noted down in step 1 above.
[url="http://forum.literotica.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=XXXXXXX"][IMG]http://forum.literotica.com/imagize/statusicon/pm_new.gif[/IMG] Team PM[/url]
* Thanks to QSco and Kalamain for devising this template
3. Click on the "Preview Signature" button to inspect the changes to your signature. If necessary, make corrections. If all looks good, then click on the "Save Signature" button.

4. Click on "Edit Signature" again to open up the view of your signature, and click on the "Team PM" link that you have created. If all is well, then a "Send New Private Message" window should open with your username pre-filled as the recipient.

5. If you wish, you can also add an explanatory button to your signature by copying and pasting the following code*:
[spoiler=About Team PM]Members of Team PM are people who are willing to receive respectful, unsolicited PMs from others and will try to always respond in a respectful manner. The goal is to promote interaction and create a friendly community.[/spoiler]
* Thanks to Inspirious for this suggestion in his posting here (click)
Hope this helps!

MF

Here is the original content of the first posting on this thread:

I'm creating this thread as a place to follow up a discussion that started in the "I wish to receive Pm's" (twist on the how many) thread. I'm hoping that we can take it forward from here.

I've abstracted below what I believe to be the relevant posts so far (sorry if I've missed any!). Kudos goes to the lovely _Lorelei_ for initiating the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lorelei_ View Post
Lit wouldn't be the same without PMs... I like them and reply to 99% .. it's a good way to get to know people without having everyone else (and lurkers you don't even know) reading everything about you. I'm on Team PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfondler View Post
Having had a lovely response to this request that I made, I completely agree with you.

I must admit that I've felt inhibited for some time about sending unsolicited PMs after reading numerous comments from Lit ladies about unwelcome advances that they regularly receive that way. However, I've recently sent out quite a few light-hearted PMs as an ice-breaker for further conversation, and I don't think any of them has been misconstrued -- indeed, I've been having some great banter in threads after making introductions that way.

Perhaps we could create a "Team PM" badge that Litsters can include in their signatures to indicate "Respectful PMs welcomed here".
Quote:
I read these in signatures/profiles too and they baffle me ... if you don't like the PM then don't reply, delete, end of... no need to make such a fuss about it .. it's like negative exhibitionism !
At the moment I'm so grateful that a certain someone PMd me here and chased me so much
Team PM!!!

Edit: If someone doesn't want PMs or certain PMs then that's up to them, I didn't word myself very well, I'm not condemning that choice at all. Everyone's experience on Lit is different. But yeah, you CAN switch off PMs if you want to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervy_Sage View Post
I use pm's as ice breakers as well, or to send compliments to litsters that I don't know. I'm on Team PM as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozuka View Post
That Team PM badge idea is legitimately cool as fuck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierywhore View Post
Agree, great idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietlyhorny View Post
I second that. Or third.
Whatever.
Great idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyGuy1855 View Post
Agreed! That is a really awesome idea. Team PM!!
Quote:
I create signatures as a hobby, so I could maybe whip up a few templates if you guys would like to go through with the idea.
Quote:
Sorry, I forgot about this ... if you make it I would put it in mine (just not too massive and flashy though!)
Quote:
I'd do this too.

I'd suggest a strapline of "I welcome respectful PMs", although that could be part of the associated text rather than in the fixed part of the signature. Any other ideas?
Quote:
My idea would be a shield-shape (like a badge) with the PM sign in it...

and saying Team PM?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLitForAll View Post
I love this idea. Each member could have a badge number.
Quote:
Quote:

and saying Team PM?
I like that concept!

I wonder whether it's possible to surround the image with a hyperlink to one's own "Send me a private message" page, so that a reader can click directly on it. *makes a note to try this experiment*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLitForAll View Post
I love this idea. Each member could have a badge number.
That's an interesting idea. Does that mean that we'd all have to sign up to a code of conduct, and we'd lose our badge number if we broke it?
Quote:
Quote:
I create signatures as a hobby, so I could maybe whip up a few templates if you guys would like to go through with the idea.
Quote:

and saying Team PM?
I've just sent a PM to Kozuka to ask if he's able to do something along these lines.

Quote:
I wonder whether it's possible to surround the image with a hyperlink to one's own "Send me a private message" page, so that a reader can click directly on it. *makes a note to try this experiment*
I think it works!

Try clicking on this link:
Each person can copy the underlying URL for their own account from the PM link on their own profile page ("Contact Info" section --> "Private Message: Send a private message to XXXX").
Let's pick up the discussion from there!

See my photos and listen to my audio clips.
I'd love to hear that they made you smile.

Read my personals adverts here and here.

Team PM ..

Last edited by Mindfondler : 07-01-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added instructions at start of thread

Old 09-17-2014, 06:01 AM   #2
_Lorelei_
Loves Spam

Hi, good idea as the thread was going a bit off topic and getting confusing.

Can I just add something about one of my posts you quoted up there ^^^ ?
If someone doesn't want PMs or certain PMs then that's up to them, I didn't word myself very well, I'm not condemning that choice at all. Everyone's experience on Lit is different. But yeah, you CAN switch off PMs if you want to.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
Mindfondler
Absentee

Quote:
Hi, good idea as the thread was going a bit off topic and getting confusing.
Thanks! Now we just need to get the discussion going again. Do I need to provide cookies?

Quote:
Can I just add something about one of my posts you quoted up there ^^^ ?
If someone doesn't want PMs or certain PMs then that's up to them, I didn't word myself very well, I'm not condemning that choice at all. Everyone's experience on Lit is different. But yeah, you CAN switch off PMs if you want to.
I've added that as an Edit to your original posting quoted above. Hope that's okay now.

Team PM ..

Old 09-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
anthilly
----

I pm'd you about this topic yesterday, I love the idea of it. Also whos not for being part of a team

Old 09-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
Mindfondler
Absentee

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthilly View Post
I pm'd you about this topic yesterday, I love the idea of it. Also whos not for being part of a team
Great... thanks!

I thought I had replied to your PM. Resending now...

Team PM ..

Old 09-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
Wild_Honey_66
wild and sweet

*like*

Old 09-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
OneHD
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Honey_66 View Post
*like*
Me too Honey .. Happy Hump Day

Old 09-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
_Lorelei_
Loves Spam

Quote:
Thanks! Now we just need to get the discussion going again. Do I need to provide cookies?

I've added that as an Edit to your original posting quoted above. Hope that's okay now.
Yes please cookies, I like the Rainbow ones

You're just the ULTIMATE multi-quoter, aren't you? I'm seriously impressed here. (Why the white full stop though?)

Team PM!

Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #9
Mindfondler
Absentee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Honey_66 View Post
*like*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHD View Post
Me too Honey .. Happy Hump Day
Fresh blood... excellent!

Quote:
Yes please cookies, I like the Rainbow ones
I'd better get baking, then.

Quote:
You're just the ULTIMATE multi-quoter, aren't you? I'm seriously impressed here.
It did require a bit of work from me, but I reassured myself with the thought that it was all in the interests of Team PM.

Quote:
(Why the white full stop though?)
Well spotted! You're only the second Litster to ask me about that.
It's a personal aesthetic thing. I like to add an extra gap to separate the end of my posting text from my signature. I think it helps the reader to pause for breath after reaching the end of whatever I've just said.
Quote:
Team PM!
Team PM! *gives special greeting*
:-D

Team PM ..

Old 09-30-2014, 12:35 PM   #10
Itsahard1
Literotica Guru

Bump. This idea can't die out.
Some men go just where they want, some men never go.

Old 09-30-2014, 01:32 PM   #11
frankie49
Literotica Guru

Count me in

Team PM

Old 09-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #12
IARainman
Literotica Guru

I'm on weekdays, during the day. Would love to be in the team. I love swapping pns, from PG to XXX or chatting on YIM.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:48 PM   #13
QSco
Highly approachable.

I like it. Count me in. There are lots of times I prefer to get a PM for something a little more personal than just a "You look nice" message, and it's a much better way to make an actual connection and get to know someone.

"I need your help with this... why don't we get it started with a kiss?"

Old 09-30-2014, 04:25 PM   #14
_Lorelei_
Loves Spam

Yay Team PM is back! I was thinking of this thread because I made a new friend today, new to Lit, and one of the first things he said about posting was that he is put off because he read posts and profiles of women complaining about PMs!

Women .. I saw this guy and he is HOT!

Why are people complaining? If you can't be yourself on Lit, where can you be yourself? Why join Lit and provoke that kind of reaction in men(/women) if it's going to offend you so much?

If you want attention - start your own (pic) thread... end of. Stop making people afraid to communicate with one another.

Team PM!

Old 09-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #15
QSco
Highly approachable.

Quote:
Yay Team PM is back! I was thinking of this thread because I made a new friend today, new to Lit, and one of the first things he said about posting was that he is put off because he read posts and profiles of women complaining about PMs!

Women .. I saw this guy and he is HOT!

Why are people complaining? If you can't be yourself on Lit, where can you be yourself? Why join Lit and provoke that kind of reaction in men(/women) if it's going to offend you so much?

If you want attention - start your own (pic) thread... end of. Stop making people afraid to communicate with one another.

Team PM!
Truth! Isn't that what we're doing here in the first place?

"I need your help with this... why don't we get it started with a kiss?"

Old 09-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #16
_Lorelei_
Loves Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSco View Post
Truth! Isn't that what we're doing here in the first place?
I'd like to think so. Making sex a taboo subject on an (essentially) sexual forum seems a bit odd....
Or negative-attention-seeky....

Old 09-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #17
pfflyerhot
Pussyfooting around...

I'd go for it...

Right. How else is a person able to start a private conversation on here w/o sending an "uninvited" PM? I send unsolicited PM's all the time... Although, I am a complete failure at promptly replying... (then I wait until it's too embarrassingly late and I think, "Forget it... shit, they won't even remember pm-ing...")
When my PM reply-groove is really on, I'll send a simple, "No, thank you" or a "Nice try", often I say, "Thanks, but no thanks"... to PMs of no interest. If the person is nice about it... whatever their request... I try to respond. (note: there is no "try" in life; I either do it, or I don't... you know?)
I'm an unreliable reply-er, I'm afraid. Don't take it personal... PS: My inbox is nearly full... Oh drudgery.

I just saw Lorelei's taboo post. Totally! What is that? Oxymoron? Paradox? Ironic, for sure...

Old 10-01-2014, 10:52 AM   #18
DriftWood75
Literotica Guru

Hello all,

After reading the quotes and the quotes of the quotes I think this whole idea is really good almost fresh in its approach.

I am not one to send unsolicited PMs but every now and then I give it a whirl (nothing rude mind you, first impressions and all).

To be able to see someone is happy to receive PMs would certainly level the playing field and who does not like being part of a big team!

Old 10-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #19
EveBlack
Really Experienced

I always welcome pm's. Boys and girls make me smile. I would love to smile more... x

Old 10-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #20
ElwoodB
Hard ... mostly hard ...

I'll take one... or several in fact, for team PM!!

PM me... I don't bite... unless you're into that sort of thing..

“Look at those cheekbones. I could cut myself slapping that face. Would you like me to try…?” ― Irene Adler, Sherlock

You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead.

Current SRP threads:
Left for Dead - with Beautiful_Sub
RommanceConnection.com - with shannondreams
Mad Scientist - with littlepetslave
Needing his protection - with Zydrate

(Dead) SRP threads:
A New Rule - with La_Reina
Transatlantic Guilt - with Initiate_me
Head Frat Boy and Newcomer Sorority Girl - with BrookeXOX

My SRP Profile

Team PM

Elwood's House of Blue(s) Tumblr

Old 10-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #21
MrWhitecoat87
Literotica Guru

Location: Netherlands, you know, where people smoke weed and wear wooden shoes when they go home to their windmills ;)
I absolutely love this idea guys... pms are always so exciting to receive! It would be great to know who is willing to read them and who isnt. I am up for it! However i havent seen the team pm signature yet..

love,

The doctor

Old 10-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #22
georgerb
Literotica Guru

All for the idea! Never hurts to get a PM, provided it doesn't start with "sorry"...lmao.

^^ I dare you to click on it...

KIK georgerb1953

Old 10-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #23
SweetSam42
Occasional Pin-Up Girl

I don't really get why people say they don't want PMs in their signatures. Can't you just turn off PMs, and only accept those from your buddy list? And sometimes people are just so rude about it in their signatures. Sheesh.

Here's a question though - I really hate when people I don't know PM me and ask to chat. It just irritates me. Is it rude to say that in my profile? That I'm not up for chatting, so please don't ask? I'd be polite about it - honest!

Old 10-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #24
SassySheDevil
Moody Roller Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSam42 View Post
I don't really get why people say they don't want PMs in their signatures. Can't you just turn off PMs, and only accept those from your buddy list? And sometimes people are just so rude about it in their signatures. Sheesh.

Here's a question though - I really hate when people I don't know PM me and ask to chat. It just irritates me. Is it rude to say that in my profile? That I'm not up for chatting, so please don't ask? I'd be polite about it - honest!
You know that people rarely seem to read the profiles anymore right? I've had the "married, not looking for anything" in my profile since I started and people still send me a message asking if I want to show them my cam or cyber with them.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #25
jasonmason
Literotica Guru

So how does one sign up or try out for team PM? I am all about giving and receiving PMs.