Embedded images...its SIMPLE!!!!

Thanks for the information. 99% of our photos I took. A few are silly cartoon type thingies I saw and saved.
I'd love to add pictures instead just a link, especially like to add photos to PM's.

It may be simple but! .:eek: Mostly I am just taking photos out of my folders. I suppose I need a hosting site someplace.

So far I am just pissed................... at me. Never works.:mad::eek::confused:
If you upload a personal pic from you drive to Lit, you can preview the post, click the file and open in a new tab or window, then copy THAT address and use the IMG tags to have it show up visually as well as the link to open.
 
You missed the most important step--Obtain permission from the owner of the image to reproduce it, if you didn't produce the image yourself.
this is widely ignored but important. most here ignore that completely and that's up to them, i prefer not to.
It should be ignored because what was described in the OP isn't infringement.

Altering a photo and posting it here would be, but directly linking to it on another site isn't.
 
If you upload a personal pic from you drive to Lit, you can preview the post, click the file and open in a new tab or window, then copy THAT address and use the IMG tags to have it show up visually as well as the link to open.

Thanks NN!
 
Still cant.

old skool

redir




One gets a blank litte fake animation pic. I put
on back. NOTHING.

Press on link there she is SO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AEejBO8dxTmD-R0&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg
 
Thank you for this thread, its been very helpful.
No Problem
Thanks NN!
Glad to Help
old skool

redir




One gets a blank litte fake animation pic. I put
on back. NOTHING.

Press on link there she is SO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AEejBO8dxTmD-R0&v=3&ithint=photo,jpg

I think the problem is that the link isn't a .jpeg.

I did click on the link and clicked "view original" and I was able to get it to link in preview, but its freaking GIGANTIC so I took it out of the post.
 
Awesome thread, thanks for sharing.
I'm just adding a few things of my own (see my next post):

P.S. - I use a Samsung note, but there might be some alternative softwares for IPAD or laptop users
 
1.GIFS OPTIMIZATION (or how to use as avatars) :
I managed to upload a few gifs as my forum av., with the help of the online tools provided by this excellent website:

http://ezgif.com/resize

Most online gifs are too big and don't meet forum requirements of 33KB, so you'd have to trim them a bit.
- My first step was to resize or crop them
- And if that wasn't enough (gif still bigger than 33Kb) I tried to split it or optimize them.

2.HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS :
That depends, but he result will be the same...

If you have an attachment, down below click the button Manage Attachments.
In the dialog box add choose the attachment and upload. A link will be provided. Click on it and it will display the picture you just uploaded. Copy the URL from the address bar.

Now in the body of the text click the insert image button above or
Type [img]url[/img]
The coding is the same no matter where the URL is.

3.PHOTO OPTIMIZATION
For bulky images from the computer, that excede the forum requirements of 33 kB: Use software or apps. like "Reduce photo size" (to compress) or "Photo resizer" (to crop).
 
A lot of people have been posting links when images would be preferred. Seems like a good time to bump this thread.
 
Pic links are just so damn easy and quick. A lot less work than uploading. Especially if the pic is not one your computer. What folk don't use are the direct links in there photo galleries.
 
Pic links are just so damn easy and quick. A lot less work than uploading. Especially if the pic is not one your computer. What folk don't use are the direct links in there photo galleries.

If you are posting a link it is ALREADY uploaded somewhere. Making it appear as a picture in tbe tbread instead of a link is exactly as easy. Img instead of url tags.
 
When noobs incorrectly embed pics on one of my pic threads I'll PM them this:

________________________________________

Here's a step-by-step walk through on how to embed pics and gifs in your posts. It's actually pretty easy. I tend to search for pics through reddit.com and would select images that are from imgur.com. I also go through tapiture.com, Bing.com, Google image search, & sex.com as well.

1st) Find a picture online you like.

2nd) Control-click on the pic or gif you want (or right-click if you're a pc user).

3rd) Choose "Copy image url". (This works with Gifs too).

4th) Create a new post and click on the "Insert Image" icon (you can see it below circled in red).

attachment.php


5th) A window will pop up. Paste the web address in it and press the "OK" button. (Example below)

attachment.php


6th) Click on the "Preview Post" button to check if the link you pasted worked. (Some sites don't allow hot-linking from their websites). If you don't see any problems, click on the "Submit Reply" button to finish.

FYI, you can only link up to 10 pics or gifs in a single post. Hope this helps.

________________________________________


Also, if I find a good pic to embed but it's too massive and I can't find a smaller version online, I'll upload it to imgur.com and then use the editing tools to resize & touch up if necessary. Typically I'll max the vertical resolution at 1,100 pixels and the horizontal at 1,500. I won't go past that typically.
 
sometimes those images belong to other people, people, which brings copyright into the arena
 
sometimes those images belong to other people, people, which brings copyright into the arena

When you use the IMG tags, it isn't on LIT, it is still on site where its found. It isn't infringing on the copyright, because it sill is sitting on site where it is posted and uploaded. Lit is just, in a sense, opening a window to view said image.

I'm sure you won't be convinced, but an image link is just a simpler, faster, and more direct way to allow other to view what you'd like them to see.

Some sites don't allow for image linking, and that's why sometimes an icon will appear instead of the image. The site owners have made the decision to allow or not allow linking.
 
I had not grasped that, thank you for explaining. I always avoid embedding anything that has 'writing' on it showing ownership and if I need to show it, link it with no picture showing instead. Is that not necessary then? :eek:
I don't believe so.
 
I had not grasped that, thank you for explaining. I always avoid embedding anything that has 'writing' on it showing ownership and if I need to show it, link it with no picture showing instead. Is that not necessary then? :eek:

It's necessary everywhere else, excepting the GB. All the other boards have rules against embedding marked images that promote other sites.
 
It seems like there are some new folks around these parts, so I'm bumping this for their benefit.
 
Back
Top