Embedded images...its SIMPLE!!!!

Just a few minutes ago, i got an invalid link. what causes that? If i can get it to load on my browser, is it not valid?

<looks at the cheap seats>

ya'll stop laughing
There are sites that don't allow for hotlinking. Sometimes there will be an image in place of what you want, and other times it won't show up. Also it could be that it was removed from the server.

There are sites that don't allow for hotlinking. Sometimes there will be an image in place of what you want, and other times it won't show up. Also it could be that it was removed from the server.

could it be that I just needed to research back to the source? for instance if it had been posted from somewhere else before it go to where i first saw it?

That should/could help.

so i researched it back a ways. let's see

a.baa-I-think-your-puppy-just-pee.jpg

This is what a pm people that don't know how to embed images. Also, if you want to crop or resize images online, you can upload the pic into imgur.com. There are online tools to crop or resize pics:

Here's a step-by-step walk through on how to embed pics and gifs in your posts. It's actually pretty easy. I tend to search for pics through reddit.com and would select images that are from imgur.com. I also go through tapiture.com & sex.com as well.

1st) Find a picture online you like.

2nd) Control-click on the pic or gif you want (or right-click if you're a pc user).

3rd) Choose "Copy image url". (This works with Gifs too).

4th) Create a new post and click on the "Insert Image" icon (you can see it below circled in red).

attachment.php

5th) A window will pop up. Paste the web address in it and press the "OK" button. (Example below)

attachment.php

6th) Click on the "Preview Post" button to check if the link you pasted worked. (Some sites don't allow hot-linking from their websites). If you don't see any problems, click on the "Submit Reply" button to finish.

FYI, you can only link up to 10 pics or gifs in a single post. Hope this helps.

I know this isn't the "how to" board but I think a good many posters need to learn this:

If there's a picture you want to post from the internet follow these steps to make it automatically display in the thread you are posting.

1. Go to the image address in your browser
2. Copy the web address (ctrl c-windoze command c-smackintosh)
3. Hit the little icon in the posting screen that looks like a mountain with the sun
4. Paste the image address (ctrl v-wondoze command v-smackentosh)
5. Hit OK
6. submit reply.

alternatively copy the address into the posting window, highlight the whole thing and then hit the mountain icon

totally old school type

This way, no one has to follow a link, they can just see the image you want to add because
this sucks:
http://www.momgetsalife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/this_sucks1.jpg

And this
dont-suck1.jpg

You missed the most important step--Obtain permission from the owner of the image to reproduce it, if you didn't produce the image yourself.

There's a rule against posting stolen images on this Web site (Forum rule #3, not that they enforce it much).

:p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/fuck-off-and-die-38.png[/IMG

I keep on getting it wrong. Something up with your directions maybe? :)[/QUOTE]

Best boxlicker101 imitation of all time!
[B]OF ALL TIME![/B]

hey, i posted in this thread!

and i learned that you fuckers don't know shit about the ten commandents.

It worked! After four years! Wacko, my "How To" man!

>>
showpost.php

Ha, but it doesn't work here! Oh, well, one for two isn't bad.

Thanks for this, NN.

I can display pictures that are remotely hosted, but not anything from my own machine. Is there a secret secret?

Thanks for this, NN.

I can display pictures that are remotely hosted, but not anything from my own machine. Is there a secret secret?

Use the manage attachments in the other options section under the reply to thread box.

Didn't read everything here, yet... but certain images violate Lit's posting rules. I've had threads *poof* deleted by the mods for not using links for graphic images. I hate clicking on 'em too, but I hate losing an entire thread more.
Course... this is the GB... where there are no mods... So yeah, go for it. My next gif thread's goin' in here, I tell you what... :)

Not surprising to see that Butters missed this thread.

That baffles me as much as the topic baffles her.

i didn't miss the thread, nor am i 'baffled' by the how-to's. as i already said before, i choose to post links rather than shove every image i post into people's faces - i give them the option to click and view or ignore. plus some images aren't posted by their originator with the intent of them being plastered all over the net, so therefore i prefer to link.

You missed the most important step--Obtain permission from the owner of the image to reproduce it, if you didn't produce the image yourself.
this is widely ignored but important. most here ignore that completely and that's up to them, i prefer not to.

Thanks for the information. 99% of our photos I took. A few are silly cartoon type thingies I saw and saved.
I'd love to add pictures instead just a link, especially like to add photos to PM's.

It may be simple but! .:eek: Mostly I am just taking photos out of my folders. I suppose I need a hosting site someplace.

So far I am just pissed................... at me. Never works.:mad::eek::confused:

Back