He's Not My President

Who's President is he?

• Long live the king!

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Hillary Rodham Clinton will win in 2020

• I voted for Ross Perot

• Where's my parrot? Who's George Washington?

• Is Barrack Obama really Pewty Cat?

• He slept w/his daughter - that's what they say.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • California will secceede from the Union.

• There's 52, I mean 57, states in the USA.

• I'm an illegal alien and cannot vote on this pole.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Exercising my constitutional rights by not voting, therefore I'm right about everything.

• Total voters
Tromp was rejected by most voters. He lost. HRC gained more votes. She won. Except those votes don't count. Voters don't count. We, the People, are irrelevant.

A candidate could take 270 electoral votes and the presidency with just 23% of the popular vote. Should such a loser 'win'? Would their victory be accepted by the vast majority? Would the consent of the governed be obtained? I think not.

Tromp won the game. He did not win the nation. We see the ensuing shitstorm. Is this how you want your nation to operate?

I think the nation should operate in accordance with the Constitution, and it always has, at least so far.

And Hillary was also rejected by most voters.

Romney did win the popular vote in 2012

The a Washington Post did a story on it
Nebraska and Maine give the electoral votes by congressional districts, look it up
Did the conservatives say Obama is not my president?
No. In fact most people don't even know about it

Sore losers, liberals!

The a Washington Post did a story on it
Nebraska and Maine give the electoral votes by congressional districts, look it up
Did the conservatives say Obama is not my president?
No. In fact most people don't even know about it

Sore losers, liberals!
Uh, Romney did not win the popular vote in 2012.

These things are reeeeeeally easy to look up, you know.

Frodo

You are right
The WAPO report was that Romney could have won the electoral vote if Maine and Nebraska followed the rest of the state's in choosing the eventual winner
Obama did win the popular note
Mea Culpa

I think the nation should operate in accordance with the Constitution, and it always has, at least so far.
Would you accept an Electoral College winner who gained but 23% of the popular vote?

BTW Tromp has made it very clear he's not the president of most Americans. He plays to the base he's screwed and denounces any who criticize him, poor baby.

Would you accept an Electoral College winner who gained but 23% of the popular vote?

BTW Tromp has made it very clear he's not the president of most Americans. He plays to the base he's screwed and denounces any who criticize him, poor baby.

Since not accepting the lawfully elected president would mean extremely drastic actions, yes. Are you aware Bill Clinton received less than 23% of the popular vote and JFK received only about 30%? :eek:

Since not accepting the lawfully elected president would mean extremely drastic actions, yes. Are you aware Bill Clinton received less than 23% of the popular vote and JFK received only about 30%? :eek:

No, I'm not aware of that, because it isn't true. Are you lying or just a bad researcher? Clinton won the most votes in the popular election in 1992, 43 percent, in a three-way race. He won the most votes in the popular election in 1996, 49.2 percent, again in a three-way race. JFK won 50 percent in 1960, but more popular votes than Nixon did.

Is this misinformation what you generally engage in?

Both candidates knew and accepted the Constitutional requirement for winning the election, and on election night, both their tally boards were counting electoral votes, as were all the news media covering the election. NOBODY was counting the popular vote as a basis for winning the election. NOBODY.

Nj2N6lI.jpg

Some here believe a candidate installed by 23% of voters would be accepted by the other 77%. Some here also believe Luna (the moon) is green cheese and a flat earth sits at the universe's center. Some here think losers should be awarded prizes. I call brain damage.

Some here believe a candidate installed by 23% of voters would be accepted by the other 77%. Some here also believe Luna (the moon) is green cheese and a flat earth sits at the universe's center. Some here think losers should be awarded prizes. I call brain damage.

You believe that when (D)'s win.

But then again your partisanship and hypocrisy know no bounds. :)

No, I'm not aware of that, because it isn't true. Are you lying or just a bad researcher? Clinton won the most votes in the popular election in 1992, 43 percent, in a three-way race. He won the most votes in the popular election in 1996, 49.2 percent, again in a three-way race. JFK won 50 percent in 1960, but more popular votes than Nixon did.

Is this misinformation what you generally engage in?

Trump actually received about 47% of the votes cast and Hillary received about 48%. When you said Trump received less than 23%, I took that to mean you were saying he received the votes of less than 23% of the registered voters. That would mean Silly Hilly received the votes of about 24% of the registered voters, because so many people did not vote for anybody. Calculating the same way, Bill Clinton received even a smaller percentage of the votes in 1992 than Trump did in 2016.

Trump actually received about 47% of the votes cast and Hillary received about 48%. When you said Trump received less than 23%, I took that to mean you were saying he received the votes of less than 23% of the registered voters. That would mean Silly Hilly received the votes of about 24% of the registered voters, because so many people did not vote for anybody. Calculating the same way, Bill Clinton received even a smaller percentage of the votes in 1992 than Trump did in 2016.

Point out where I said Trump received less than 23 percent of the vote. Are you, by any chance, in the late stages of dementia? While you're at it, you could respond to the post that I actually posted.

Defend/source your own post: "Are you aware Bill Clinton received less than 23% of the popular vote and JFK received only about 30%?"

You can't because it's a lie. The point beyond your made-up, ridiculous figures is that you win the popular vote by getting more votes than the next contender got.

As I've seen posted about you by others, you are a total loss in terms of understanding anything or posting anything accurate.

Over 58% of eligible voters voted.
About 67% of eligible voters were registered in 2016.
HRC won about 48% of popular vote or 28% of eligible voters.
DJT won about 46% of popular vote and under 27% of eligibles.

Mathematically, either HRC or DJT could have won the electoral college with 23% of the cast votes. Convince me that would be legitimate. Legal, yes. Legitimate, no.

Over 58% of eligible voters voted.
About 67% of eligible voters were registered in 2016.
HRC won about 48% of popular vote or 28% of eligible voters.
DJT won about 46% of popular vote and under 27% of eligibles.

Mathematically, either HRC or DJT could have won the electoral college with 23% of the cast votes. Convince me that would be legitimate. Legal, yes. Legitimate, no.

It's legit because the Constitution says it is. As a matter of fact, hardly anyone has ever won a majority of the votes of all registered voters, because there are so many who don't vote. George Washington probably did, and maybe FDR in 1936, LBJ in 1964 and Nixon in 1972, because the last three were such landslides and GW was basically unopposed.

BTW, how do you know that 67% you cite is true? It could be much higher, and there would be no way to tell. I hope you don't consider illegal aliens to be eligible voters. :eek:

Last edited:
It's legit because the Constitution says it is.
If HRC or DJT had taken the electoral college with just 23% of the popular vote, do you really think most Americans would accept the win as legit?

As a matter of fact, hardly anyone has ever won a majority of the votes of all registered voters, because there are so many who don't vote.
The ratios of voting-age-population vs eligible vs registered vs active voters may show interest levels, but that's not what elections measure. VOTES CAST are what matters. Every fucking where in USA politics except electing a Prez and Veep, whoever or whatever gets the most votes cast, wins. Here, the most-desired candidate loses. Convince me that's a viable way to run a gov't. SPOILER: Dubya is a bad example.

WHY all registered voters don't turn out is beyond my scope here.
BTW, how do you know that 67% you cite is true? It could be much higher, and there would be no way to tell. I hope you don't consider illegal aliens to be eligible voters. :eek:

https://www.statisticbrain.com/voting-statistics/
Total number of Americans eligible to vote 218,959,000
Total number of Americans registered to vote 146,311,000
math: 146311 / 218959 = 0.66812 or ~67%

If HRC or DJT had taken the electoral college with just 23% of the popular vote, do you really think most Americans would accept the win as legit?

The odds against what you suggest are astronomical. There are ten or 11 states which, if a presidential candidate wins them all, he or she wins the election. What you are suggesting would go something like this: Candidate W carries every one of those states by one vote each. Candidate L receives all the votes in every one of the other 39 or 40 other states, plus DC, Puerto Rico, etc. This is what it would take for the scenario you suggest.

The ratios of voting-age-population vs eligible vs registered vs active voters may show interest levels, but that's not what elections measure. VOTES CAST are what matters. Every fucking where in USA politics except electing a Prez and Veep, whoever or whatever gets the most votes cast, wins. Here, the most-desired candidate loses. Convince me that's a viable way to run a gov't. SPOILER: Dubya is a bad example.

In most places, maybe all, where the top vote-getter is declared the winner, there is a runoff between the two candidates receiving the most votes. If this had happened in 2016, most likely Trump would have won the runoff, because most of the ten million plus votes that were for Gary Johnson, usually a Republican, would have gone to him.

WHY all registered voters don't turn out is beyond my scope here.

https://www.statisticbrain.com/voting-statistics/
math: 146311 / 218959 = 0.66812 or ~67%

Where did those statistics come from? There is no source given, and the listed total of people who are eligible to vote but who are not registered seems too high. The total of registered voters is known and the total who voted is known, but how can they tell how many people are eligible to vote but are not registered?

We can suppose all sorts of shit about the tampered 2016 election. The results of gerrymandering and voter suppression; the quandary of unverifiable electronic votes; who *might* have won a runoff; yada yada.

Facts: the electoral system rewards losers, devalues voters outside of a few 'battleground' states, and over-values voters in small states. (A Vermonter has more electoral impact than a Floridian.) The candidates favored by most voters in 2000 and 2016 lost. The consequences have been dire.

Convince me that losers make good rulers.

NOTE: I've never voted for a Clinton, or Gore or Kerry or Obama. I didn't support any of them for President, and I'm unhappy with the Dums who won. If 77000 votes in 3 counties had gone the other way, HRC would be in deep shit with a hostile Congress and media. But DJT's minority 'win' feels illegitimate, and he acts like he knows it, else why keep harping on HRC?

The proposition that a candidate who takes the ELECTORAL COLLEGE by winning the states with electoral votes should be upset by another candidate winning with only four or five COASTAL states that have packed themselves with illegal aliens ... REALLY? That's exactly WHY the Founding Fathers set up the Electoral College in the first place, so there wouldn't be big state monopoly of the new nation's government.

Last edited:
Your traitorous ass is still around? Justice awaits you.
The proposition that a candidate who takes the ELECTORAL COLLEGE by winning the states with electoral votes should be upset by another candidate winning with only four or five COASTAL states that have packed themselves with illegal aliens ...
Provide evidence that millions of non-citizens voted in 2016. Then turn your traitorous ass in for justice. Kim won't protect you, especially after the illegitimate swinish God-Emperor launches.

The electoral system was a political ploy dehumanizing women, Indians, and slaves, and cosseting small-state demagogues. I don't want to be ruled by the fucking loser. Traitors like you probably don't mind. [expletive deleted]

JFK, Clinton, and Votes

JFK won both the popular and electoral college vote in 1960. It was very close, and there was some controversy over the votes in the Chicago area. Nixon conceded to end the disputation. (How I wish bad guys were consistently bad!) JFK had about 100,000 more popular votes nationwide.

Bill Clinton had 5 million more popular votes than George H.W. Bush in '92. He only had 43% of the popular vote because H. Ross Perot was a popular third candidate. He had a majority of electoral votes, which are all that matter. We don't have one election for president; we have 50.

For that matter, Gore v. Bush was correctly decided by the US Supreme Court in 2000. Shame on the Dems for that one! (And why did they force the Court to decide?)

No one here is more Republican than I. No one here is more pro-American than I. The truth is the truth. Count all citizen votes fairly. Our kids need us to teach them honesty and responsibility.

Oh, and how great America really is. Because it is.

Which doesn't answer my challenge and quotes me as posting something I didn't post--and I challenged you to back that up in post #39 and you haven't. You're a total loss. Scrambled brains. Complete dodo bird.

Back