Bonds of Paper (closed for Mayu)

Damien's eyes went to his arm, then back to the walls. "Uhm... yeah." He didn't feel like a good guy. He'd taken advantage of her while she slept. While the thoughts made his manhood stir guilt hit him in the stomach, and he was eager to change the subject. "So, I'll be covering for Jared. I'll tell everyone he's sick, so it'll be fine."

He smiled at her, then looked around the bathroom. "Need any help with anything?"
 
She smiled a little bit at him and did not know what to say to him, something was wrong she could see it in his eyes. But right now she just relaxed and shook her head "No but thank you Damien your very sweet" She stood up and knew she had to get dressed. "You may want to call Damiens cell before you come home just in case something happens and you will know what to expect, since you are family" She nodded to him.
 
Damien smiled, weakly, as the thought of her saying he was family. In his mind he'd rather be family by marriage than blood. He wondered if Bella would be the type to enjoy two husbands, then followed that thought with how Jared would feel about sharing his wife.

"Thanks." he finally said, clearly getting more uncomfortable. "I..." he glanced at the door then back. "About... earlier?" He looked back at the door nervously, then to Bella. "I don't know..." he couldn't even form words for the thoughts and ended up biting his lip, almost begging for Bella to know without him saying it.
 
Bella looked at him and had a feeling something was very wrong, she saw the smile but it was weak and nervous. Hearing what he said she smiled placing her hand on his shoulder, looking into his eyes. "I know you where watching me and Jared. I sometimes get this feeling you feel ignored and frankly its something I do not like to much to think you feel ignored." She said softly and sighed a little bit thinking, all in all everything seemed perfect. All in all things happened for a reason. She kissed his cheek.

"It's okay" She smiled.
 
Damien smiled. "I guess I just don't want things getting... weird." He seemed to think back to just earlier this morning. Guilt hitting him about what he'd done last night. "Well, I guess it's really too late for that now. But... I'm-" He paused, wanting to say the words that told her how he felt but was too afraid. "I'm going to get you a towel for your hair."
 
Bella smiled and nodded but could tell he wanted to say something but had not the courage to tell her. She knew something was wrong but right now it just seemed normal, by the time he came back she was already dressed. The baby kicking and something in the back of her head thought she was in labor so it was a good thing that she was going to the doctors. But of course even if she had not been going to the doctors. She would have gone to the emergancy room, she did not want to deliver her son here.
 
Damien was helping Bella as best he could when Jared returned, dressed as well. "Thanks, I've got her from here."

"You sure?" Damien asked.

Jared nodded, "You should get to class and help with my cover story."

Damien did as he was told and gave Bella a parting smile before heading off to school. Jared just continued to help her to her visit where the doctor would give to assessments.

"Well," She paused to look over the charts, "We may be a few days off in our calculations in addition to your baby being a good weight now. To be honest, the baby's ready but I'm not sure your body is. I could check you in and give it time or we can schedule for a c-section this afternoon." The doctor shrugged and waited for the couple to make their decision before making any moves to see the rest of her own schedule.
 
Bella smiled and waved goodbye to Damien as he left, and once they got to the waiting room of the doctors she had some strong kicks. When there last name was called she stood up and went to the room. She just hoped that the baby was okay, hearing what the doctor said she looked up at Jared and smiled tiredly. "I think we should do c-section sweet heart, our son is ready to be born he is kicking the crap out of me" She did not know if this was a wise thing to do but she was afraid for there baby.
 
Jared, always the worrier, asked, "What are the risks, either way?" He wasn't saying no, just asking to put his mind at ease.

The doctor shrugged and looked over her papers again, "Well, right now I'd say Bella would have to stay here regardless. I'd give her 3 days tops but it's going to be very uncomfortable for that time. If we do the c-section this hospital will not risk future natural child birth to limit complications, and she'll be off her feet for a few weeks but we can at lest use pain management. It's really about lots of discomfort now or slight inconveniences later."

Jared nodded, "Long vs short term investing." he said putting it into terms he was used to. "Okay. Let's go short term." When the doctor didn't move he explained, "I agree with my wife. We should do the surgery."

"Oh. Right." She made a note in the chart, "I'll prep the room."
 
Bella didn't like the sounds of surgery but she was worried for the baby, the baby was kicking way to much and deep down she felt it was time. She watched Jared and placed her hand on his, squeezing his hand with much love. She gave him a brave face, sure she was terrified but she wouldn't allow that to show. She had to be strong now for there son, for Jared and for herself. They had been through a lot. And right now things were as they should be, she was happy really about everything.

The two of them were escorted to a nice room she would be staying in, she changed into a gown and got into bed. Seeing a nurse hook her up to IV and she was nervous in the pit of her stomach she felt as if something was going to happen. But being first time mother she knew it was just that, she had faith in the hospital. Though in the back of her mind she knew anything could happen, she knew that just fine. But she would not relent she would do what had to be done right now for them.
 
Jared couldn't think of a time in hiw life when he was more unsure, insecure and nervous. He felt, in his heart, that everything would be fine. It was the unknowing of it all. The desire to do everything right mixed with the lack of knowledge for what he was supposed to do. The next few hours had him focusing on Bella so much he thought about little else until their son was born.
 
It was nice to feel this way and the baby was delivered he was a big boy and stuck inside her but they got him out without trouble. The surgery took about twenty minutes, it was silent in the room until there son screamed much like what babies do. They stitched her up and the nurse presented there son to him. "He is very healthy and very big nine pounds seven ounces" She chuckled happily making sure the baby was fine. In about an hour she was carted back to there room and the nurse showed both how to hold the baby.

"He is so beautiful" She said tears in her eyes.
 
"Oh, my god, Bell... we're parents. We're a real family now."

Jared, taking a moment to snap photos with his phone, finally allowed himself to relax a bit. Everything was good and both the baby and the mother's vitals were strong. Jared, still in a surreal daze, just watched Bella and their son. Suddenly snapping to an idea, as all problems solvers do, he grabbed his phone saying "We'll have to let Damien know what's going on. And I think we'll need the room back." He added with a laugh.
 
Bella smiled at Jared and nodded to him, she was so glad to have their son in her arms. It felt like it wasn't room, like this was a dream. Looking into there sons dark brown eyes, seeing the way he looked at her. Stroking his cheek with so much love, it was amazing just how much she could love someone. Every day she loved her life more and more, this was one of the many good things in her life now. She watched their son sleep as she heard what he said about the room, and she laughed a little bit.

"I suppose so" She smirked.
 
Jared knew he was supposed to be calling Damien, and he knew he should be figuring out how long Bella and their son were going to be here but right now he could only lean over and kiss his baby boy on the for head. He felt soft and clean. Next was his wife on the lips. "We did good, sweetheart." He kissed her again then ran his fingers through her hair, brushing it past her ear. "How are you doing? Do you need anything?" It's like he couldn't stop asking that question.
 
Bella smiled at Jared and was so happy he was so happy, their son was healthy and that was the whole purpose of this. She knew that life was about to get rather different, with a baby in the house now. But when he kissed her and she kissed him, she looked down at their son whom was sleeping soundly on her chest. She sighed softly and looked at Jared when he asked if she needed something, she shook her head. "no I'm alright" She said with a happy tone to her voice. It did not take much to get her happy. That was how simple of a girl she was, she sighed softly. Hurting from the C-Section but she didn't regret doing it.
 
Jared kissed Bella again, then shifted as if he was going to leave. He paused again and ran his hand over his son's head and smiled at his wife again. Everything was so perfect right now he had a hard time making the moment end.

Bella's doctor came in looking over the chart and put it away to watch the loving family. "Well, Bella. Everything looks great, we just want to keep you for a little while. Especially while the baby needs you." She looked to both parents to make the final point clear, "Now, remember. You should avoid most sexual intercourse for about the next six weeks to make sure Bella's healed from the surgery. Are there any questions?"

The only one Jared could come up with was, "SIX weeks?" He quickly did the math in his mind and wondered how he could go long than a month without having sex with his wife.
 
Bella watched her husband and then noticed the doctor coming in, she smiled when she said what she did. Bella nodded about needing to be there for a little while, but then she heard the one thing she knew Jared would not like. The fact that sex wont happen for a good six weeks, and then before she knew it boom he complains. She chuckled a little bit and looked at him, shaking her head a little bit. Reaching over she placed her hand on her husband's and squeezed it a little bit looking into his eyes.

"It will be fine Jared six weeks wont kill you" She chuckled and looked down at the sleeping baby, it felt incredible to be able to see just how much she had impacted his life. It was nice to know how he felt about her, but right now she knew it had to be. "Besides we want to make sure I am fully healed by that time any way" Perhaps more children was in the distant future, which was part of the reason she would follow what the doctor told her. Looking at the doctor she smiled "Alright"
 
The Doctor just laughed and gestured, "After six weeks of focusing on this little guy, we'll see how much energy you have." She grinned at Jared then made some notes in Bella's chart before putting it on the wall saying, "A nurse will be coming by in a few. If either of you need anything, call me." And with that she'd left.

Jared ran his fingers through Bella's hair then looked back to his son. "Oh. Call." He suddenly remembered. "Yeah, I should call Damien." He kissed his wife and started forcing himself to leave the room. Almost as if letting them both out of his sight was dangerous somehow.

After convincing himself they would be okay without him, Jared went to go make that call.
 
Bella smiled at her husband and rolled her eyes but the way she did it showed her love, and right now it was just rather funny. But she loved her husband and their little boy, right now everything just seemed so damn perfect and it was rather nice. But now things were going to get a bit out of hand, she knew it was going to be hard at first with their son but she was beyond happy with everything and everything was still. Kissing their little boy it was rather nice so right now things were beyond wonderful.
 
It wasn't until the following day that Damien could make it in to Visit Bella. This time it was his turn to play sick, and this time it was Jared who covered for him. School would be out soon so what little fuss the other teachers could raise about the idea of a student moving in with his teacher was almost pointless for how long it would take to do anything about.

He knocked on her door lightly, making sure it was safe to come in then entered with flowers. "Hi." Was all he could say nervously. He hadn't seen her since leaving with Jared's car yesterday morning. "I brought these for you."
flowers
 
Bella was really happy that there son was okay, she was relaxing when she heard someone come in. She opened up her eyes and sat up, grunting from the pain. But she refused to take any drugs that made it where she could not breast feed. Bella was always selfless and wanted to stay that way for her son. Smiling she saw Damien and could tell he was nervous, she tilted her head a little bit and smiled. Bella motioned for him to come in and saw the flowers he brought her, she thought it was very sweet.

She took them in her hand and sniffed it quietly "Mmm they smell lovely" She handed them back to him and pointed to the vase to put them in. "You are very thoughtful Damien thank you. How are things with you?" She asked patting the spot on the bed. It wasn't a bad thing and knew all to well what may happen. Bella knew he had a thing for her, it was very easy to tell with how he was acting right now. But she cared for Damien as a friend and perhaps even as family, though she never told him.
 
Damien set the flowers down and paused before sitting on the bed. He smiled and reached for Bella's hand. "I paused on my way up. Your son looks big. Strong. I'm glad to see you looking good.. strong." He strengthened his resolved and just confessed, "You always look good, but you know that. Right? I mean... you have to know I'd do anything for you. And to help you."
 
Bella smiled at him and placed her hand on his squeezing it "Your a good guy Damien you mean a lot to me and always will. I know Jareth is happy to have you with us as well, things will get a bit complicated with our son. But you are still welcome to stay with us. If you can stand fussy babies" She chuckled a little. Holding her stomach as it hurt her, but she just sat back relaxing and enjoyed the way things were going. "I know you were watching me and Jareth when we had sex, I enjoyed it with you watching"
 
Damien smiled, "Well, I'm glad to hear you say that." He felt himself getting turned on, just reaching back for the memory of that moment. "I hope I get the chance to watch again." He sighed a bit, "I do care about you. I mean, you're more than an uber-hottie. Last night, Jared and I spent most of it re-arranging things in the house. The baby's room is all set up again and I'm basically moving to the study for now. Jared said he could grade papers in the dinning room."

Damien and Jared made a pretty good team, both having the care of Bella and the baby foremost.

"Did you two decide on a name?"
 
Back
Top