"Obvious Child": Movie where woman gets an abortion and IT'S FINE, just like IRL!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Stand a little taller...

Who says the birth of a baby cannot elevate a woman's responsibility and drive to provide the best she can?

The most dangerous people out there are those that drift from conception to Gosnell and Tillman for life once devalued is simply devalued...

That's certainly possible.. the problem lies when YOU decide that for her.

The other issue is when life begins... once again, YOU are deciding for her.

and by you I mean people that have no business in their business.

Vettebirther wants them in camps, where they should be!

Nope...Sharon said so that means vette is right....at least in his mind.

Who says the birth of a baby cannot elevate a woman's responsibility and drive to provide the best she can?

No one, you're just a bible thumping Jesus freak who can't bob enough GOP knob.

The most dangerous people out there are those that drift from conception to Gosnell and Tillman for life once devalued is simply devalued...

You can't even define life bitch......stfu.

Depiction of abortion on film/tv

http://feministing.com/2014/02/20/i...ikely-to-die-after-abortion-than-real-people/

Screen-Shot-2014-02-20-at-11.07.51-AM.png

Reproductive health researchers from ANSIRH recently did a census of all abortion-related storylines in American television shows and films. Although we’ve lamented the dearth of abortions on screen–particularly on primetime TV shows–according to the survey, over the last century, there’ve been 385 abortion storylines in pop culture–and recent years have seen a spike.

However, the researchers note, “these stories are often inaccurate and not necessarily true to most people’s experiences with abortion.” For one thing, fictional pregnant people are much more likely to choose adoption than they are in real life. And, as illustrated in the chart below, abortion is portrayed as much more risky than it actually is. While the procedure is one of the safest out there–the risk of major complications, let alone death, is less than 1 percent–almost 10 percent of fictional women died as a result of their abortions. (And others were murdered before they went through with it, which is also very disturbing and telling.)

Screen-Shot-2014-02-20-at-11.14.34-AM.png

As the researchers warn, these depictions matter. By reinforcing negative myths around the procedure, “they can have real effects on women’s experience of seeking abortion care.”

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
Stand a little taller...

Just out of curiosity... how many crack addicted babies have you adopted? How many that were born without arms, legs, fully developed brain stems perhaps? Other than pointing out what these women are doing is wrong, what are YOU doing to alleviate a real issue in this world? What about your church? Have they adopted or even spent ONE cent to help them?

It's fine to point out problems...but unless you're actually HELPING, you're just part of the problem.

That's certainly possible.. the problem lies when YOU decide that for her.

The other issue is when life begins... once again, YOU are deciding for her.

and by you I mean people that have no business in their business.

Fallacy of the unassailable victim. We decide all sorts of things for people al the time. First you set up the woman and then you set up the child as human garbage if born. You need to have better arguments than "hissy fit."

Just out of curiosity... how many crack addicted babies have you adopted? How many that were born without arms, legs, fully developed brain stems perhaps? Other than pointing out what these women are doing is wrong, what are YOU doing to alleviate a real issue in this world? What about your church? Have they adopted or even spent ONE cent to help them?

It's fine to point out problems...but unless you're actually HELPING, you're just part of the problem.

I already addressed this.

"Hissy fit."

Sincerely,
Adoptive Parent

It's the rest of you that runs the rainbow of dates that cannot seem to determine "viability dates" with any real degree of consensus, so we tend towards butchery al la Tillman and Gosnell.

It's the rest of you that runs the rainbow of dates that cannot seem to determine "viability dates" with any real degree of consensus, so we tend towards butchery al la Tillman and Gosnell.

"Cannot seem to determine"?

Science has shown us that fetal viability is non-existent before 21 weeks gestation. LINK

Here are some interesting facts, courtesy of Fox News:
Of the 1.6 million abortions performed in the U.S. each year
  • 91 percent are performed during the first trimester (12 or fewer weeks' gestation)
  • 9 percent are performed in the second trimester (24 or fewer weeks' gestation)
  • only about 100 are performed in the third trimester (more than 24 weeks' gestation), approximately .01 percent of all abortions performed.
LINK

#TheMoreYouKnow

Yes Throb, we realize that you wished that you had been aborted preventing a miserable, hateful and wasted life.

:(

One wonders how ya'll would react to a movie that portrayed the regret, sadness and self-loathing that came later in life requiring counseling and therapy that so often occurs with the real victims of abortion as they mature and develop a conscience.

I already addressed this.

"Hissy fit."

Sincerely,
Adoptive Parent

If you have actually adopted someone...good for you. That is admirable. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's not your place to decide or judge what is right for someone else. You can't explain that away. Your arrogance that somehow you know best, is completely ignorant.

I see you stoop to the silly levels of the others in your group here. I wasn't being hissy. I called you on your post. You're more than welcome to feel whatever way you like, as it applies to you. When your views impede on the rights of others, you are part of the problem.

While this place is rife with people such as yourself, thankfully there are enough level headed people that you are far outnumbered outside of it.

One wonders how ya'll would react to a movie that portrayed the regret, sadness and self-loathing that came later in life requiring counseling and therapy that so often occurs with the real victims of abortion as they mature and develop a conscience.

The Chief is pullin' out all stops on his anti-abortion handwringin' this morning, even the ole "appeal to emotion".

MYTH: Many women come to regret their abortions later.

Research indicates that relief is the most common emotional response following abortion, and that psychological distress appears to be greatest before, rather than after, an abortion.

There are undoubtedly some women who, in hindsight, wish that they had made different choices, and the majority would prefer never to have become pregnant when the circumstances were not right for them. When a wanted pregnancy is ended (for medical reasons, for example) women may experience a sense of loss and grief. As with any major change or decision involving loss, a crisis later in life sometimes leads to a temporary resurfacing of sad feelings surrounding the abortion. Women at risk for poor post-abortion adjustment are those who do not get the support they need, or whose abortion decisions are actively opposed by people who are important to them

LINK (with citations)

#AJLies
#TheMoreYouKnow

If you have actually adopted someone...good for you. That is admirable. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's not your place to decide or judge what is right for someone else. You can't explain that away. Your arrogance that somehow you know best, is completely ignorant.

I see you stoop to the silly levels of the others in your group here. I wasn't being hissy. I called you on your post. You're more than welcome to feel whatever way you like, as it applies to you. When your views impede on the rights of others, you are part of the problem.

While this place is rife with people such as yourself, thankfully there are enough level headed people that you are far outnumbered outside of it.

We do it all the time. We recently decided that you had to purchase health insurance, you have to immunize your children, commit certain crimes and you have to die, it is a pretty long list. I hate the death penalty, I hate it in all its forms and I come down on the side of life. Life is meant to be lived and actions have repercussions. I do not consider anyone who cheers death as "level-headed" especially in the age of Information, Education and Science.

We do it all the time. We recently decided that you had to purchase health insurance, you have to immunize your children, commit certain crimes and you have to die, it is a pretty long list. I hate the death penalty, I hate it in all its forms and I come down on the side of life. Life is meant to be lived and actions have repercussions. I do not consider anyone who cheers death as "level-headed" especially in the age of Information, Education and Science.

Nice jumble you got there. Nice way to tie in the death penalty, committing crimes in with a woman legally deciding to have an abortion. I never said I was for, or against abortion. I don't have to make that choice. What I am against is narcissistic people such as yourself that think you have a right to impede choice.

Comparing that to someone that commits a crime and is punished, is ludicrous. As for health care, that is an issue that has needed to be addressed for a long time...if the GOP obstructionists had gotten out of the way we'd have a single payer in this country...which we need. But that is tossing in arguments that have no connection with the abortion. Nice way to deflect.

Abortion is a personal choice. Between a woman and the man involved. Not you.

Nice jumble you got there. Nice way to tie in the death penalty, committing crimes in with a woman legally deciding to have an abortion. I never said I was for, or against abortion. I don't have to make that choice. What I am against is narcissistic people such as yourself that think you have a right to impede choice.

Comparing that to someone that commits a crime and is punished, is ludicrous. As for health care, that is an issue that has needed to be addressed for a long time...if the GOP obstructionists had gotten out of the way we'd have a single payer in this country...which we need. But that is tossing in arguments that have no connection with the abortion. Nice way to deflect.

Abortion is a personal choice. Between a woman and the man involved. Not you.

"Word salad" is always on the Chief's menu.

His posts are classic Gish Gallops.

I am an Atheist

Defender of all things Christian doctrine and promoter of it's legal privilege....I think you're a fucking liar of the highest order.

and as soon as the sperm penetrates the egg and it divides, it is life.

Not according to most trains of thought in modern biology or legal arguments, not to mention a number of religious views.

But they are all totally invalid right? Because why?

The highest probability why you think this is because you surround yourself with evangelical Christians and in order to feel part of your peer group you also buy into the same doctrine for they would alienate the shit out of you otherwise. Because so much Christian love for their fellow man :rolleyes:

It's not because you are the supreme authority over one of the most hotly debated questions philosophers have argued for thousands of years and biologist have pushed about and challenged for centuries and have yet to settle on a decisive, definable, proofable answer...."What is life?".

It is a far bigger question than your ignorant fuckin' ass has even pondered and your go to RWCJ argument makes that fact glaring. And I use the term argument lightly as it sounds far more like you defending christian doctrine again than presenting a scientific and or even legal argument.....so........do get you some mo' Jesus juice choir boy.

Last edited:
Back