Celebrity and a non-fan

SEVERUSMAX

Benevolent Master
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Posts
28,995
Imagine this, a really jaded, arrogant celebrity meets a regular guy who's not a fan of hers at all. This troubles her, annoys her, hurts her pride, and causes her to stalk him, become obsessed with him, that sort of thing, until it becomes a long-term battle to get him to admire, to the point that she even tries to seduce him. What would you do if you were him? Would you read a story like that, with the tables turned on the stuck-up celebrity?
 
The snag I see here is that I can't see how you work this. I think you'd have to be very specific on why this person was anti-celeb not just not a fan. I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift. The moment she takes her top off she's a hot blonde who wants sex. Yeah she gets dick end of conversation, in fact we don't need a conversation her removing her top has said everything that needs to be said (assuming I'm in fiction where STDS aren't a thing but lets skip that.) Who turns down Taylor?
 
I could see it. A lot of celebrities are shooting off their mouths these days with political opinions, which is certainly causing many people to think less of them. Possibly, in some cases, coming to despise them.
 
It could even be a girl-girl or guy-guy celeb/non-fan interaction. Or a non-fan with a real grudge on the celeb for whatever reason. Maybe they knew each other in the past, before the celeb became famous.
 
Subject is a captain of a small charter vessel. Pig is one of the Kardasithings who convinces the rest of the family to help. They all book a three hour tour on the charter vessel, say .... the SS Minnow.

None of them are ever heard from again.

The whole world wins.
 
Subject is a captain of a small charter vessel. Pig is one of the Kardasithings who convinces the rest of the family to help. They all book a three hour tour on the charter vessel, say .... the SS Minnow.

None of them are ever heard from again.

The whole world wins.

Not sure why the non-fan is a "pig," but to each their own.
 
Oh i get what you're looking for a pseudo moment like in the movie "down with love" where the main characters meet in the dry cleaners. Basically she's the world bestselling author and he doesn't know who she is. (Because he's pretending to have just been in space the last 2 weeks.)
 
I had an idea similar to this a few weeks back. I wanted to write one of me getting it on with Kim Kardashian or possibly salma Hayek, but didn’t know if people would be interested in reading and how could I even start it lol.
 
While i agree an idea like this would be an interesting read i am not sure how you'd start it either at least with an established real life celebrity and have it be believable. I mean name one celeb that doesn't have at least some personal security in the form of large bodyguards who probably have military training?

The non-fan part is easy, you just have to come up with a reason that the hero of the story hasn't heard of the particular celebrity. I can think of a few options myself.

Now the hard part is the celebrity, I mean most of the real life ones i know of in the US i just don't think there's a way to create a situation where a reglar Joe or Jill could meet a celeb one on one and have it be believable.

Honestly i think it's better to make up your own celebrity character at least then you would have options.
 
Back
Top