I've changed my mind about the Electoral College

Dixon Carter Lee

Headliner
I believe a number of states are going to instruct their electors to vote for the popular winner no matter the electoral outcome. Interesting if true. Used to support the system, now I see it as the tyranny of the minority.

I believe a number of states are going to instruct their electors to vote for the popular winner no matter the electoral outcome. Interesting if true. Used to support the system, now I see it as the tyranny of the minority.

I don't believe any states have ever done that, and I doubt that any ever will. I'm assuming you mean the overall winner, not the person who wins the specific state. There are some electors, described as "faithless," who vote for someone other than the candidate who carries their home state, but there aren't very many of these. The only ways your idea might come to pass would be for the winner in a state dying or being overwhelmed by a massive scandal. In either of those cases, the electors would probably vote for the winning VEEP candidate.

I don't believe any states have ever done that, and I doubt that any ever will. I'm assuming you mean the overall winner, not the person who wins the specific state. There are some electors, described as "faithless," who vote for someone other than the candidate who carries their home state, but there aren't very many of these. The only ways your idea might come to pass would be for the winner in a state dying or being overwhelmed by a massive scandal. In either of those cases, the electors would probably vote for the winning VEEP candidate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Popular_Vote_Interstate_Compact

You're just seeing this? I've been screaming those exact words for ages...

Is this a basic change of mind or is it a reaction that the electoral college didn't vote for your candidate. To be honest I don't understand why the electoral collage even exists. Shouldn't the candidate that gets the most votes win? Yes we agree on something.

The electoral college system was one of the compromise measures that got the smaller states to join the union and to feel they would not be swamped by the bigger states in representation. It's outlived its usefulness, and, no, this isn't a new attempt to do away with it.

The electoral college system was one of the compromise measures that got the smaller states to join the union and to feel they would not be swamped by the bigger states in representation. It's outlived its usefulness, and, no, this isn't a new attempt to do away with it.

Thanks for the history. The one that gets the most votes should win.

Is this a basic change of mind or is it a reaction that the electoral college didn't vote for your candidate. To be honest I don't understand why the electoral collage even exists. Shouldn't the candidate that gets the most votes win? Yes we agree on something.

It’s an acknowledgement that the system doesn’t work. The checks and balances that would prevent us from sliding eyes open into tyranny are faulty.

It’s an acknowledgement that the system doesn’t work. The checks and balances that would prevent us from sliding eyes open into tyranny are faulty.

Really? But you believe that changing the system to "mob rule" is just what is needed to prevent tyranny? It was "mob rule" that led to a military coup that brought about the end of the Roman Republic and the institution of Empire under a dictatorship.

And while we're at it, just where is the evidence of this tyranny that you seem to fear so greatly? Surely you can provide a list of atrocities pointing towards this tyranny. Following and enforcing the laws of the land perhaps?

what difference does it really make when we refuse to enforce and insist on the order of law

if we are willing to let wholesale states allow voting with no ID at all the entire system is broken and compromised

if we allow private individuals to ultimately own the technology behind electronic voting processes we have left the back door completely open to compromise

ijs

what difference does it really make when we refuse to enforce and insist on the order of law

if we are willing to let wholesale states allow voting with no ID at all the entire system is broken and compromised

if we allow private individuals to ultimately own the technology behind electronic voting processes we have left the back door completely open to compromise

ijs

Where are the wholesale states? I'm really tired of paying retail.

It's outlived it's usefulness? How so?

Seems it's been quite useful in doing it's job perfectly lately.

Thanks for the history. The one that gets the most votes should win.

The one that gets the most electorate votes should win....so that each state is represented and NYC/LA don't just overlord the whole country.

Based upon what??

They worked perfectly.

It's outlived it's usefulness? How so?

The one that gets the most electorate votes should win....so that each state is represented and NYC/LA don't just overlord the whole country.

You bring up a valid point. Not sure if I agree though.

You bring up a valid point. Not sure if I agree though.

So you do want the major metro population centers in just a couple states running boss lord over the whole country without giving the rest of the folks any say so in how the country is run?:confused:

Have you seen how those fucking morons manage their shit lately? ;)

Last edited:
in the last election

CuntClinton got 3 million more votes then did Trump.....and got 4 plus million more in CA.......so she LOST the COUNTRY but won CA

Thank GOD for the EC

sore loser DUMOH dingBat

sour-grapes.jpg

The Electoral College is just fine and is one of the smartest decisions of our founding fathers. As soon as it works in favor of the left everything will be just fine for them.

in the last election

CuntClinton got 3 million more votes then did Trump.....and got 4 plus million more in CA.......so she LOST the COUNTRY but won CA

Thanks be unto ALLAH for the EC

fyp . . . infidel!!!

I very much agree that it is definitely the tyranny of the minority.

It is a stupid and outdated concept, while other DEVELOPED nations just go with the popular vote. Why are we so damn weird with shit, including not going by the metric system like more sensible nations, but that is another story.

Twice within twenty years, an incompetent and not so popular person had won the presidency, by losing the popular vote yet winning the electoral vote.

It is a stupid and outdated concept, while other DEVELOPED nations just go with the popular vote. Why are we so damn weird with shit, including not going by the metric system like more sensible nations, but that is another story.

Twice within twenty years, an incompetent and not so popular person had won the presidency, by losing the popular vote yet winning the electoral vote.

it was outdated when we first stole it from the holy roman empire.

angry NIGGER thug....But I repeat myself:)

Back