Republicans have no standing on deficits

someoneyouknow

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Posts
28,274
.@jasoninthehouse: "Republicans have lost every single bit of credibility on the idea that they care at all about debts and deficits." pic.twitter.com/EqCBrqxLvV
— FOX Business (@FoxBusiness) February 9, 2018​

"They can talk all they want, but when they had the chance to do it, they caved and they spent so much money it's stunning," Chaffetz added in a panel discussion with "Mornings with Maria" host Maria Bartiromo.

Thus spoke former Representative Jason Chaffetz, moments before the Fox tabloid mysteriously went dark, returning shortly thereafter to a commercial.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/373133-chaffetz-spending-vote-means-gop-lost-every-single-bit-of-credibility-on-debt

Or, as Senator Rand Paul said:

dqEv9Ya.gif


But let's not quibble over a billion here or a billion there. The Republican spending bill allows the cap on the federal deficit to be unlimited for the next year. This means the Treasury department can borrow all it wants without having to worry about that pesky debt limit. Next year, when the cap is removed, all the debt accumulated by Republican spending will instantly be put on the books.

Here's the best part. The con artist administration is on course to borrow $1 trillion this fiscal year, almost double what it borrowed last year.

But wait, there's more. In a report this week, the CBO said tax receipts are going to be lower because of the new tax law.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-spending-debt-analysis-20180203-story,amp.html

So yeah, no hypocrisy whatsoever.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top