A proposal for the GLBT forums

Hi

I am not much of a user of the GLBT forum here—the issues that I see as queer I generally deal with in other spaces—but seeing the fetish aspects of what is in the GLBT board split from what is left makes sense to me. When I have joined a couple conversations in this area, I have felt pushed out pretty quickly.

And who knows, maybe the Fetish section will have a thread on mine? *grins*

-el
 
I've just seen one of the fetish threads dissolve into some really bad cyber.

Good god, you GLBT forum peoples need the fetish forum badly.
 
Indeed. Now if the Trans story section had a FTM friendly vibe to it I would be happy where my story ended up...
 
Indeed. Now if the Trans story section had a FTM friendly vibe to it I would be happy where my story ended up...

Well, it's more about who reads it-- I just did, and commented... And I'll rec it on livejournal and DW.

At least the ftm tag brings up about a dozen stories now!
 
So, back in March of 20111, Laurel created a new forum. It was requested to be a haven for bicurious men, crossdressers, shemale fetishists, and "men who love to suck cock but don't like men."

Two years have gone by, and that forum is overflowing with straight people talking about straight sex. The moderator, at one point, began moving threads into the GLBT forum, if there was a mention of not-straight sex in them-- the het dudes were offended. Homophobia is just the same as it everwas.

So, the same problems have arisen once more. I am seeing lots of cock fetish, CD and shemale fetish threads turning up in the forum that was meant to be a place to explore gay, lesbian bisexual and trans gender issues. As before, they are quite often insensitive and even assumptive regarding those of us who live without straight privilege.


I request, once more, that the GLBT forum be given a subforum to accomodate the fetishes that mimic, and sometimes coincide with-- but are not-- GLBT.
 
Unfortunately the fetish forum, while it has some of the fetishistic stuff of CD's, shemale fetish and so forth, the GLBT chatter is full of that as well, straight guys fantasizing about cock, etc. And I more then understand where Stella is coming from on this, from my own little corner as a 'failed' t gal, I can tell you the saddest thing about being in transition and getting approached by guys, was often I was seen as a fetish, they had watched some of the porn videos, and assumed that being trans I was some sort of sex machine able to screw 24/7, and worse, that I wanted to be someone who looked like a woman but had sex like a man, in many ways (it is pretty sad when some guy would approach me at a place I was where it was likely I was T, and his first statement wasn't hi, it wasn't gee you look great, mind if I join you, it was 'how big is your dick'.......hell, ever as a cross dresser before I found myself, what the hell ever happened with someone being human.

The news thread doesn't work for this per se, since that is events and people see that and say "oh, not interested'. Perhaps we could rename the news and issues forum to be 'GLBT in the life' or something like that? The GLBT chatter forum doesn't cover it, that is for sure, it is okay for what it is , men drooling over bi and lesbian women, straight guys who get off on she males, cd's into their thing, and that is fine, but that would give us "our space" so to speak.

I would add that I think CD's should be included in the GLBT life forum or whatever we call it, for the issues that surround that, while CD's are a different beast then transitioning t gals, they have their own issues, some in common with t gals, some different. I would agree festishistic posts, designed to titilate, discussion being a cuckold sissy or whatever are inappropriate, issues like whether to go out dressed, dealing with spouses, what happens if someone finds out you don't want to, where to find large size shoes, and so forth, are appropriate, as long as it is about the lifestyle and not designed to titliate...my 5c anyway.

I want to get away from the wars, I dealt with that in my own life, dealing with hostile gays and lesbians who thought T's were fake, gays and lesbians who couldn't deal with it, totally different then gl folks, or worse , if associated with T's how that makes them look bad to the bigots (ironically, known some 'conservative' type T's who thought Ts should be separate, because as 'straight' women, they didn't want to be associated with gl's...nothing fucking worse then that kind of attitude IMO. Known as a group of people who are different who face a common foe, stupidity and ignorance and a large percentage of religion (which might be a double statement, i.e stupidity and ignorance and a lot of the religion out there, same thing; with all do apologies to the faith groups and believers who have dragged themselves out of the bronze age, the medieval world or the 1950's (kind of the same thing to me). We face what Cleavon Little's Character of the black sheriff did in "Blazing Saddles", where he is all depressed after some old woman calls him the N word, and The Waco Kid (Gene Wilder), tells him what did he expect, these were simple farmers, the 'clay of the new west'..you know, morons.
 
See Etoile? I told you we needed separate forums so that every single one of us can post only with other people exactly like us.

If the news and issues forum became "GLBT Life", it would fill with "How many cocks can you suck" threads within a week. Even as news and issues, the oldest running and most popular thread is "would you suck a dick for your wife".

I'll live with what we have, it is better than a billion child forums where nobody posts anything at all.

That isn't the point, and I specifically in the post you quoted said I didn't want the exclusivity of having people only like myself or any one group represented, far from it. There are plenty of places on here, the fetish forum, the GLBT chatter forum, for people into the fetish'y aspects of things, the straight guys who love sucking dick, the guys into shemales, the CD's who want to have threads showing off their pictures, the guys wanting to read about bi and gay women doing each other, and that is fine, but it would be nice to have a place where there can be discussions by LGBT people of the issues in our lives, of the things that go on, and so forth. On the other hand, if a straight person wants to post something on this board, about same sex marriage, or perhaps someone asking how to support a gay friend/relative, a trans coworker, whatever, they would be welcome, too.

Is it workable? Don't know, probably would need a moderator to make it work. The current news thread is kind of dead, dry, which is why I suggested recycling it.
 
See Etoile? I told you we needed separate forums so that every single one of us can post only with other people exactly like us.

Yeah, it's never going to be ideal, I think. But I'm open to suggestions to make things better, and I'm sure Laurel and Manu are too!
 
Is there a reason you expect that people would suddenly jump in and begin posting their issues if another forum was created even though they do not do so now despite the existence of this "news and Issues" forum?

We occasionally get a lively discussion of an issue and that has always been the way of the LGBT. I wish we could have more issue threads and discussions, but in the 8 years I have posted it has remained the same: dick sucking threads seasoned by the occasional lesbian seeking others and garnished with an issue or two on the side.

One of the reasons I suggested changing the name of the news and issues forum is like it seems only a place to post exactly that, news and issues, like same sex marriage, etc. If we changed the name of it, and had a sticky message explaining the purpose, perhaps people would post about lifestyle issues and such there. Would we get posts about dick sucking and such? Sure, but maybe we also would get more legitimate threads. GLBT chatter sounds like it is light discussion anyway.
 
I'm wondering why this matters to you, anyway. You seem to be very happy posting to GB.
 
I post here very rarely, so my input shouldn't count for much. But have you noticed that How-To has the "serious" How-To forum as the main board and the HT Cafe, where the light chatter takes place, as the sub-forum? Same goes for BDSM; BDSM Talk, the main board, is where the "serious" stuff goes, and the BDSM Cafe, the sub-forum, is where the other stuff goes.

But here, the BS board is the main board, while the "serious" section is a sub-forum. Seems a little ass-backwards to me. :confused:
 
Two suggestions:

1)We rename the forum name
2)We make it its own thread, rather then a sub thread of glbt chatter.

Not sure if we can do it, but worth a shot, and see what happens.
 
I post here very rarely, so my input shouldn't count for much. But have you noticed that How-To has the "serious" How-To forum as the main board and the HT Cafe, where the light chatter takes place, as the sub-forum? Same goes for BDSM; BDSM Talk, the main board, is where the "serious" stuff goes, and the BDSM Cafe, the sub-forum, is where the other stuff goes.

But here, the BS board is the main board, while the "serious" section is a sub-forum. Seems a little ass-backwards to me. :confused:
And disrespectful. :(
 
Back
Top