Here's How Donald Trump Could Become President

Status
Not open for further replies.

toubab

Literotica Guru
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-donald-trump-becomes-president_us_56cb5429e4b0928f5a6c9ead

"If he succeeds in the Rust Belt, look out."

"Don't laugh. Donald Trump could actually win this thing. Not just the Republican nomination -- the presidency.

It would be very nice if a brand of politics built on fear, intimidation, racism and sheer meanness could not succeed in 21st-century America. Most political pundits have spent the past year wishing it to be so, refusing to contemplate the horror of a Trump presidency. And the business mogul may very well end up getting trounced in the general election if he does secure the GOP nomination.

But Trump has a perfectly plausible path to the presidency as a Republican. If he makes it to the White House, he'll get there by taking the Upper Midwest back from the Democratic Party.

When President Barack Obama was re-elected in 2012, he ran up the score in the Electoral College, winning 25 states, good for 332 total electoral votes. His victory was thorough. He only needed 270 electoral votes to win, and President George W. Bush had taken just 286 in his 2004 re-election.

To secure the presidency, Democrats only have to win the Northeast, the West Coast, and the Upper Midwest, including Iowa. Obama did far better, carrying every swing state in the country, including Florida and Virginia in the South, and Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada in the West.

But even with that massive margin, Obama could have been undone by victories for Republican rival Mitt Romney in just four states: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Together, those four Rust Belt states account for 64 electoral votes. Even if Floridians, Iowans, Coloradans and all of the other swing states had gone to Obama, his failure to capture the Upper Midwest would have been enough to hand the White House over to Romney.

Beyond demographics, Obama was able to capitalize on his rescue of the auto industry, a major issue in the 2012 race, as well as his opponent's weakness: The Bain Capital 47-percenter made the worst possible candidate for that region.

Trump is no Romney. He is running an unsubtle, racist campaign that has particularly targeted Latinos. His chances of winning swing states with significant Latino populations -- Florida, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico -- are extremely low.

But he doesn't need them to win. All he has to do is carry the Rust Belt -- a region perfectly attuned to Trump's fiery denunciations of American trade policy and his angry condemnation of Washington corruption. While Romney hailed free trade, globalization and "creative destruction," Trump rails against the North American Free Trade Agreement and promises to bring jobs back home.

Who signed NAFTA into law? That would be former President Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton can't be held responsible for everything her husband did in office. But don't think you won't hear it on repeat this fall anyway.

Hillary Clinton's inconsistency on trade has, thus far, only proven to be a liability for her among progressives. Republican leaders have broadly supported the trade policies that began under her husband -- NAFTA, the creation of the World Trade Organization and the establishment of permanent normal trade relations with China. If Trump wins the GOP nomination, he will be the first Republican in decades to challenge a Democratic candidate on trade."

Apparently it's dawning on people that Trump could actually become president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/how-donald-trump-becomes-president_us_56cb5429e4b0928f5a6c9ead

"If he succeeds in the Rust Belt, look out."

"Don't laugh. Donald Trump could actually win this thing. Not just the Republican nomination -- the presidency.

It would be very nice if a brand of politics built on fear, intimidation, racism and sheer meanness could not succeed in 21st-century America. Most political pundits have spent the past year wishing it to be so, refusing to contemplate the horror of a Trump presidency. And the business mogul may very well end up getting trounced in the general election if he does secure the GOP nomination.

But Trump has a perfectly plausible path to the presidency as a Republican. If he makes it to the White House, he'll get there by taking the Upper Midwest back from the Democratic Party.

When President Barack Obama was re-elected in 2012, he ran up the score in the Electoral College, winning 25 states, good for 332 total electoral votes. His victory was thorough. He only needed 270 electoral votes to win, and President George W. Bush had taken just 286 in his 2004 re-election.

To secure the presidency, Democrats only have to win the Northeast, the West Coast, and the Upper Midwest, including Iowa. Obama did far better, carrying every swing state in the country, including Florida and Virginia in the South, and Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada in the West.

But even with that massive margin, Obama could have been undone by victories for Republican rival Mitt Romney in just four states: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin. Together, those four Rust Belt states account for 64 electoral votes. Even if Floridians, Iowans, Coloradans and all of the other swing states had gone to Obama, his failure to capture the Upper Midwest would have been enough to hand the White House over to Romney.

Beyond demographics, Obama was able to capitalize on his rescue of the auto industry, a major issue in the 2012 race, as well as his opponent's weakness: The Bain Capital 47-percenter made the worst possible candidate for that region.

Trump is no Romney. He is running an unsubtle, racist campaign that has particularly targeted Latinos. His chances of winning swing states with significant Latino populations -- Florida, Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico -- are extremely low.

But he doesn't need them to win. All he has to do is carry the Rust Belt -- a region perfectly attuned to Trump's fiery denunciations of American trade policy and his angry condemnation of Washington corruption. While Romney hailed free trade, globalization and "creative destruction," Trump rails against the North American Free Trade Agreement and promises to bring jobs back home.

Who signed NAFTA into law? That would be former President Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton can't be held responsible for everything her husband did in office. But don't think you won't hear it on repeat this fall anyway.

Hillary Clinton's inconsistency on trade has, thus far, only proven to be a liability for her among progressives. Republican leaders have broadly supported the trade policies that began under her husband -- NAFTA, the creation of the World Trade Organization and the establishment of permanent normal trade relations with China. If Trump wins the GOP nomination, he will be the first Republican in decades to challenge a Democratic candidate on trade."

Apparently it's dawning on people that Trump could actually become president.

Wrong dum fuck.

For 6 months you imbeciles have predicted Trumps demise every week, and he rolls on with no real opposition. America is pissed at the GOP and Democrats, this aint business as usual. We want the illegals back in Mexico, the niggers back in the cotton fields, the queers back in the closet, and the Muslims in hell.

Trump is gonna roll across America like Hitler rolled over Europe.

Wrong dum fuck.

For 6 months you imbeciles have predicted Trumps demise every week, and he rolls on with no real opposition. America is pissed at the GOP and Democrats, this aint business as usual. We want the illegals back in Mexico, the niggers back in the cotton fields, the queers back in the closet, and the Muslims in hell.

You do understand primaries vs. general don't you?

The left wants trump to win because LOL.

I was living in Minn when Jessie "the body" Ventura was elected Governor over H Humphrey III, so I'm pretty unshockable.
Jessie was famous there for saying "who needs your vote you little smart ass" while campaigning.
It worked.

Wrong dum fuck.

I haven't predicted Trump's demise at any point, numbnuts. I've consistently viewed him as a solid threat to take the GOP nomination, and a possible threat to win the general election, especially with Hillary as his general election opponent.

I'm not sure who of "the left" likes Tromp. I wonder if Tromp believes what he says; consistency is not his strong point. I wonder if Hillary will be indicted and if Bloomberg will run.

Here’s How Michael Bloomberg Becomes President
Impossible, you say? In this crazy year, what’s impossible? Against Trump and Sanders, Bloomberg could win. Here’s how.

Michael Bloomberg’s path to the presidency in 2016 marked a strange climax to an insane election year. It wouldn’t have been possible without both political parties falling prey to deeply unpresidential nominees. By the time Bloomberg prevailed in a nail-biting test of arcane provisions in the U.S. Constitution, 2016 had taken its place with the elections of 1800, 1824, and 1876 as the only presidential contests in American history resolved by the House of Representatives.
Yup, could happen.

You do understand primaries vs. general don't you?

The left should stop laughing. Trump will make it anti-establishment vs. establishment because the Dems are going to nominate Hillary.

I was living in Minn when Jessie "the body" Ventura was elected Governor over H Humphrey III, so I'm pretty unshockable.
Jessie was famous there for saying "who needs your vote you little smart ass" while campaigning.
It worked.

Excellent example.

I've gone on record several times already and I'll say so again.

The only way Trump will see the inside of the Oval Office is by invitation of the newly elected President, and I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen either.

He's managed to attract a following among the room temperature IQ GOP voters which include homophobes, racists, and the "they're takin' our jerbs" crowd. That demographic isn't going to win him a national election.

The only way Trump will see the inside of the Oval Office is by invitation of the newly elected President, and I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen either.

He's managed to attract a following among the room temperature IQ GOP voters which include homophobes, racists, and the "they're takin' our jerbs" crowd. That demographic isn't going to win him a national election.

You sound a lot like those who said he could never win the GOP nomination.

You sound a lot like those who said he could never win the GOP nomination.

Except I never said that. I have a very low opinion of GOP voters, they consistently vote against their own wconomic self interests. Why would I expect them to see Trump for the blowhard charlatan that he is?

Trump has already stomped on his own dick with Hispanic voters (who tend to be Catholic) by badmouthing the Pope. It won't be long until he stomps on his testicles as well.

Except I never said that. I have a very low opinion of GOP voters, they consistently vote against their own wconomic self interests. Why would I expect them to see Trump for the blowhard charlatan that he is?

Trump has already stomped on his own dick with Hispanic voters (who tend to be Catholic) by badmouthing the Pope. It won't be long until he stomps on his testicles as well.

I think you will find the entrance and exit polls in Nevada interesting and enlightening tonight.

I think you will find the entrance and exit polls in Nevada interesting and enlightening tonight.

For some reason you seem to think that I'm concerned at all with GOP primary voters.
I've already explained why they aren't of concern to me.

Trump may very well win Nevada, he may very well win the GOP nomination, but he won't carry a national election. Not a fucking snowball's chance in hell.

Last edited:

Everyone who votes Trump is a racist or homophobe just like everyone who doesn't like Obama is racist.

I love the generalizations that get made here in this haven of intellectuals.

Trump's following is not all(as I am sure some are) racist etc...but they are the people tired of being told they are. Tired of being told this entire country is racist when its not and tired of people whining and crying about everything like a bunch of old ladies. The people tired of the PC mob.

In general his supporters are tired of what you see here in the GB, a bunch of white guilt ridden, pc torch bearing lemming heard mentality betas looking for their next 'crusade' so they can feel part of something other than the furniture in mom's basement.

Wrong dum fuck.

Oh FFS...

Take South Carolina for example. Trump received 30% of the 20% of the eligible electorate who actually voted. He is a stupid, arrogant bigot who's convinced a handful of imbiciles to show up and vote for him

The bottom line is that the way the electoral college falls this cycle, there's no way ANY Republican can win.

Trump is an entertaining side-show, at best.

Everyone who votes Trump is a racist or homophobe just like everyone who doesn't like Obama is racist.

Trump's following is not all(as I am sure some are) racist etc...but they are the people tired of being told they are. Tired of being told this entire country is racist when its not and tired of people whining and crying about everything like a bunch of old ladies. The people tired of the PC mob.

In general his supporters are tired of what you see here in the GB, a bunch of white guilt ridden, pc torch bearing lemming heard mentality betas looking for their next 'crusade' so they can feel part of something other than the furniture in mom's basement.
yup:cool:

In a way, this GOP campaign reminds me of how Lincoln became pres. with only 40% of the popular vote.
It was him, the lone rep against two democrats.
As long as it's Trump against two established politicians, (Rubio, Cruz) he'll roll.
I don't think the GOP really wants to see Trump get the nomination, so they must get this down to a two person race soon.
If it's Trump against either Cruz or Rubio, everything changes.
But how is the GOP going to get all but one challenger to drop out?
What can they promise either one that would be enough?
In my opinion, if it becomes Trump vs Clinton, we all lose.

Reading comprehension obviously isn't your strong suit.

What I said:
He's managed to attract a following among the room temperature IQ GOP voters which include homophobes, racists, and the "they're takin' our jerbs" crowd.

Nowhere did I say all were racists and homophobes. Some of them are just plain fucking stupid. I guess I see where you fall in that group. :cool:

I'm not sure who of "the left" likes Tromp. I wonder if Tromp believes what he says; consistency is not his strong point. I wonder if Hillary will be indicted and if Bloomberg will run.

The real Trump is on the left, and he seems to love himself plenty. :D

everything THEY are saying about Trump and us, his supporters they said about Reagan and his supporters

and what a FUCKING joke to look down on us, when teh other side lauds

BzerkBernie and Felon CuntClinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back