TheAntiRebel's Hidey-hole

TheAntiRebel

is still a threat
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Posts
2,163
14719021174_23a52607aa_b.jpg


Deep underground is a secret place, known only to a select few. A rustic, yet modern style home has been constructed in an underground bunker. A well-stocked bar area has a karaoke machine, with Hall & Oates playing from the juke box. An infinity pool seems to flow directly into a solid rock wall, while a hot tub is kept stocked at all times. The office is messy, a solid oak desk covered with papers that could belong to a madman. Seemingly meaningless notes and diagrams are all that's most of them.

Welcome to TheAntiRebel's Hidey-Hole. All are welcome, though I'm sure it'll mostly be just a random assortment of my ramblings, ideas and self-depreciating jokes.
 
Last edited:
My current thread ideas:

(Sci-Fi) Starship Down - On a deep-space exploration mission onboard the scientific survey ship Magellan, a pair of male and female pilots (our characters) are the only flight crew awake on the ship, the ship's other 20 crew and scientists being in hibernation. As they enter orbit over an undiscovered tropical "Paradise Planet", something catastrophically goes wrong with the ship. Despite their best efforts, they eject onto the planet, leaving the ship and crew to die as the ship burns up in the atmosphere. Now stranded on an uncharted planet, they must survive with minimal supplies. But, is this tropical planet with its crystal blue oceans and white sand beaches the paradise it seems to be? (Answer: No, it isn't.) :D

(Modern) Hunted - (Reboot of a thread I tried years ago) A middle-aged retired assassin (my character) retires to Colorado to live alone after years of hunting and killing for governments and the highest bidder. His peace is disturbed when a former employer sends a young female assassin (your character) after him to tie up loose ends. (It's my plan that after some antagonism, they find a reason to team up together. Would You Like to Know More? PM me).
 
Things floating around in my head that aren't ideas yet:

-Bikers
-Detectives/Private Eyes (film noir style)
-Badass tattooed women
-The male character dies at the "end" of the thread saving everybody else.

Yes, the protagonist dying to save everybody else. Or, the Star Trek II rule. For some reason, I've always had an obsession with that archetype. Although I'm sure the concept in storytelling predates the Bible, I for some reason (probably due to being forced to sit through Sunday School and then Confirmation Class as a good Lutheran boy growing up) associate the ultimate self-sacrifice at the climax of a story with Jesus dying on the cross. Even though I'm not religious at all now, it stuck with me and dying for somebody else is pretty awesome in a storytelling sense. Or maybe it's because I watched Star Trek II as a kid with my dad and Spock has a man's death at the end of that movie.

Obviously, if I wanted to incorporate something like that here at Lit in an SRP thread, it would be with my partner's full knowledge, and I assume that by the time the "end" of the story was reached, it would be many months or even years after the start.
 
placeholder post for some idea stubs. pm me if interested:

(Modern/Bikers/Crime) Last Chance - A member of a biker gang (my character) has fallen out of favor with his gang and risks being kicked out or killed (for a past job gone bad). To make good, he is given a job to bring a backpack of cash to a drug sale on the American-Mexican border with a drug cartel. To make sure he doesn't fuck up, the boss' daughter/girlfriend (your character - I'll leave her relation to the boss up to you, but I think the idea of my character and yours should be taboo in the context of the gang) is sent to go with him on her own bike. During the trip, they're ambushed by rival gangs, the police and the drug deal itself doesn't go according to plan, and soon, the two find themselves on the run across the desert on their motorcycles.

(Modern/Intrigue/Cheating Spouses) (Un)Trustworthy - SternWalsh is one of the world's largest banks and sports the motto, "SternWalsh: Trustworthy". But, its Senior Vice President (my character) begins to plot to overthrow its tyrannical CEO to take the "big chair" for himself. After meeting the CEO's wife (your character) at a house party, he enlists her help in getting her jackass husband fired by the bank's board of directors. What starts out purely as a business relationship between two allies slowly becomes romantic, until the CEO starts to hear rumors about his cheating wife and begins to suspect that his kingdom is in trouble.

(Fantasy) Her Protector - In a typical fantasy world (dwarves, elves, etc.), the human kingdoms and their Church has outlawed the use of magic by humans. Those who can weld magic are put to death immediately for crimes against God. In a modest hunting village far to the north, a hunter (my character) is tasked with bringing the Chief's daughter (who has started showing signs of being able to control magic - your character) to the Elven realms, with the hopes that the Elves will grant her asylum and teach her to control her magic powers. (a reboot of this thread)

(Modern/Vampire) Reunited After Decades - 40 years ago, vampire Edward Largo (my character) left his female vampire lover (your character) in New Orleans without a note or warning. Now in 2014, he tracks her down and hopes to rekindle the old flame, but is it too late?

(1920s Historical) A Summer's Affair - A 30-something professional polo player (my character) is hired by a wealthy family and is moved onto their Cape Code estate with the purpose of teaching their 18/19/20 year old daughter (your character) how to properly ride horses. As they spend time alone, a budding forbidden romance blooms.
 
Last edited:
It's 1:52am. I have to get up at 6am. And I haven't even gotten my daily workout in yet. I am awful at time management. :confused:
 
Now playing on the jukebox

Bumping some old ideas:

(Modern/Bikers/Crime) Last Chance - A member of a biker gang (my character) has fallen out of favor with his gang and risks being kicked out or killed (for a past job gone bad). To make good, he is given a job to bring a backpack of cash to a drug sale on the American-Mexican border with a drug cartel. To make sure he doesn't fuck up, the boss' daughter/girlfriend (your character - I'll leave her relation to the boss up to you, but I think the idea of my character and yours should be taboo in the context of the gang. She should also be tough and take no shit, she stands on her own around tough bikers and isn't just a fuck doll for them) is sent to go with him on her own bike. During the trip, they're ambushed by rival gangs, the police and the drug deal itself doesn't go according to plan, and soon, the two find themselves on the run across the desert on their motorcycles.

(Modern/Intrigue/Cheating Spouses) (Un)Trustworthy - SternWalsh is one of the world's largest banks and sports the motto, "SternWalsh: Trustworthy". But, its Senior Vice President (my character) begins to plot to overthrow its tyrannical CEO to take the "big chair" for himself. After meeting the CEO's wife (your character) at a house party, he enlists her help in getting her jackass husband fired by the bank's board of directors. What starts out purely as a business relationship between two allies slowly becomes romantic, until the CEO starts to hear rumors about his cheating wife and begins to suspect that his kingdom is in trouble. Think Game of Thrones/House of Cards-type Machiavellian political machinations. No good guys, just varying degrees of bad guys.

(Fantasy) Her Protector - In a typical fantasy world (dwarves, elves, etc.), the human kingdoms and their Church has outlawed the use of magic by humans. Those who can weld magic are put to death immediately for crimes against God. In a modest hunting village far to the north, a hunter (my character) is tasked with bringing the Chief's daughter (who has started showing signs of being able to control magic - your character) to the Elven realms, with the hopes that the Elves will grant her asylum and teach her to control her magic powers. (a reboot of this thread)

(Modern/Vampire) Reunited After Decades - 40 years ago, vampire Edward Largo (my character) left his female vampire lover (your character) in New Orleans without a note or warning. Now in 2014, he tracks her down and hopes to rekindle the old flame, but is it too late? Actually a bit more to the story than this, but I don't want to give anything away outside of a PM.

(1920s Historical) A Summer's Affair - A 30-something professional polo player (my character) is hired by a wealthy family and is moved onto their Cape Code estate with the purpose of teaching their 18/19/20 year old daughter (your character) how to properly ride horses. As they spend time alone, a budding forbidden romance blooms.

(Modern) Hunted - (Reboot of a thread I keep trying over and over again) A middle-aged retired assassin (my character) retires to Colorado to live alone after years of hunting and killing for governments and the highest bidder. His peace is disturbed when a former employer sends a young female assassin (your character) after him to tie up loose ends. (It's my plan that after some antagonism, they find a reason to team up together. Would You Like to Know More? PM me).

Ideas that are still in the womb:

- Man and a woman, investigating something (crime or historical mystery al la The Da Vinci Code) become romantically involved.
- Western. Grizzly antihero saves a girl from trouble (not a hooker with a heart of gold - been there, done that, got the t-shirt). Grizzly antihero may be a native American.
- Something in the Rocky Mountains. Snow. Trees. Little cabins far away from one another (see Hunted).
- Something on the Atlantic Coast of the United States/Cape Cod/Mid-Atlantic - Quaint little town, everybody knows everybody, fishing boats, sail boats, sandwich shops with lobster rolls.
-I developed a young college professor character for a thread that looks like it isn't starting. Maybe a thread involving a relationship with a student? Not looking for a straight-to-sex porno type thread. Maybe he's married and thinks of their first encounter as a one night stand but she falls in love? Lots of opportunity for angst and drama.

PM me if interested in anything. Also, always on the lookout for a new thread with the right, literate, descriptive female writer who wants to craft a story with me.

Today's GIF:

tumblr_n6l0yzZCvH1rs1xcco2_r1_400.gif
 
Today will be a terrific day, if the start is any indication. :)

Song of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqLRd4neGGE

(I'm on a 60s kick lately)

Gif of the day:

tumblr_n6c7v5Fo6Z1revz5to1_500.gif


The passion!

More ideas floating around in my brain. May write them down. May not. :devil:

Have a craving for Barcardi and coke. At 7:47am. This is why we can't have nice things. That deserves a double devil. :devil: :devil:
 
*comes in, takes off shoes, rolls up sleeves and pours a tall glass of Johnnie Walker Red, long cathartic sip*

Survived another week! Cheers to that. Got some big Saturday evening plans of alcohol and debauchery planned.

On the jukebox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEApf_FT25M


Today's gif:

tumblr_n97t0qnwse1tnz9bbo1_500.gif


Why is this gif sped up? Sexy gifs should be slooooooooowwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeddddddddd dddddddddoooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Still, it's included today because when I'm going down on a lady friend, the running her hand through my hair/grabbing my hair is incredibly sexy and I'm not entirely sure why. :cool:
 
Song of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9zP0mJpCiY

The Belgian women's choir Scala & Kolacny Brothers did an AMAZING cover this song, which I actually prefer, I just couldn't find a version on YouTube. Scala & Kolacny Brothers' album Reprise is covers of French songs. I highly recommend.

Picture of the day:

tumblr_lqfpva8gI11qc20tuo1_400.jpg


More "artsy" than the last two I found, right? So artsy it doesn't move.
 
Song of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsDr447CzSg

"Pretty. Odd." is Panic at the Disco's most underrated album and is absolutely not like anything else they've done. "Nine in the Afternoon" is so cheery and fresh, reminds you of the first few weeks after you've gotten a new significant other. That oooey gooey feeling when you spend every moment thinking about them, want to spend every moment together, and frantically check your phone for messages from them, that flutter in your heart when you see you've gotten a new one.

Well, that's what it means to me, anyway. :)

Picture of the day:

tumblr_lqm933Tqi91qj02mgo1_400.jpg


What is it about the human condition that makes giving advice for other people easier than fixing your own problems? A friend asked me for some relationship advice yesterday, and I honestly gave him some. He said told me he really liked what I had to say and I was good at giving advice. Am I? It's not like I've never screwed up a relationship or let one destroy itself.

There's something about being outside the glass bottle that lets you see the whole picture.
 
Oh, but we do.

And what's more, I never heard that song before and it reduced me to tears. It's very touching. Thank you for sharing it.

Oh, and keep posting pithy comments.

grins and trips out of the hidey-hole

Heh, thank you. I appreciate it. Glad you liked the song.
 
Song of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zYOKFjpm9s

I wish I could play it for all the sad women out there.

Pic of the day:

tumblr_ln0df8nIDf1qk4edso1_400.jpg



Must work on post for thread, no more pithy comments that nobody reads. :D

Now, AR...

Even I find time to pop in and read your pithy comments. :) Between trying to squeeze in new posts with my co-writers. I have one post to do for Fr33k and then you're up next. My Sir can wait. Don't tell him I said that. >.> I'm still knee deep in unpacking and settling in.
 
Now, AR...

Even I find time to pop in and read your pithy comments. :) Between trying to squeeze in new posts with my co-writers. I have one post to do for Fr33k and then you're up next. My Sir can wait. Don't tell him I said that. >.> I'm still knee deep in unpacking and settling in.

Okay, sounds good. No rush, of course.
 
Well, now that I know I have an audience, I'm getting a little bit of "performance anxiety". :p

Song of the Day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYjNeIKoWZI

Such a sad song, beautifully contrasted with an upbeat tempo.

"A breaking heart in an empty apartment
Was the loudest sound I ever heard"

Shit! Invokes such feelings. If you don't feel anything, then I'm not sure you are human.

Pic of the Day:

tumblr_m8vtfiRxEH1rtqt5po1_500.gif


For somebody out there. ;) They know who they are. :rose:
 
I always pay for dinner/drinks/everything on dates. In 2014, does that make me a misogynist? These are the kinds of things I worry about after reading the internet too much.
 
I always pay for dinner/drinks/everything on dates. In 2014, does that make me a misogynist? These are the kinds of things I worry about after reading the internet too much.

I think it just makes you a gentleman.... and moreso, proper...If you ask a woman out on a date, you should pay. If a woman asks you out, she should be the "gentleman" so to speak, and pay.. It's only proper....

That's my take on it at least...


:rose:
 
Back
Top