New Poetry Recommendations

Wednesday's Review

.

15 pieces new today, half of them illustrated; here are those that kept my attention.

Maria2394 knows something about marketing and packaging. With that sort of title, her piece, A Pussy's Philosophy on War demands to be read. She plays with words so well here. Read it more than once to see the images she creates in your mind.

cherries_on_snow has a wonderful little sonnet for your pleasure. You will enjoy seeing her mind at work in Loving a Contrarian. This is another piece you'll want to read more than once to fully enjoy the wordplay.

My Erotic Trail has his own sonnet out today as well, a rather sad tale is The Doves of LoveLady Grove.

Seductive_lover has his first poetry posting here with Nanook - it sort of just pulled me in.

That's it ~ these are the ones I enjoyed most today. Give 'em all a look and share your thoughts with their creative poets.

.
 
SpectaclesInSkirt said:
Hello. I'm new. I'm not quite sure of the etiquette yet, but I just wanted to say you're all too kind. Thank you very much. There should be more soon.

Specs
Oh, my!

I'm late in jumping on this bandwagon, but I'm on with both feet! I am about halfway through her corpus, but this is some wonderful stuff! Go read her! Now!

......

Ok, I'm through with her. And I'm panting like a peepshow pervert. I really wanted to pick out one or two to recommend, but one of the things I have enjoyed the most is her ability to move between styles seamlessly. You really need to read all of her work.



Alright, start with Klimt, then try to look away.

Welcome, SiS!
 
Last edited:
Thursday and Friday Review

Since I'm a day late, I'll pay a dollar extra and do both Thursday and Friday's review. Today's new poems include Sex & Death's Sex & Death which you should definitely check out if you didn't get the chance yet to appreciate this novel and spiritually moving treatment of the subject matter (You can find his rough draft in the Forum's August challenge, of course). SpectaclesinSkirt's Formative Haiku is kind of like reading someone's bedpost in 5/7/5 x 3, with all the heat and candor that implies.

On the topic of confessions, Julian's 100 Degree Shiver made me flush in a very good way: an erotic and intimate read. SpectaclesinSkirt's poem I, And, Without (I Hand Out Wit) is complex and pretty at once. Definitely worth a second read. Seduceros2's After the Party Before the Ocean is about as much rising action as I'd ever need in poetry. Definitely made me squirm and smell the scent of ocean. My favorite poem of a very good lot.

For those who dig rhythm and rhyme, I'd recommend PurrfectKitten22's Collect the Dead, especially for its vivid imagery. SpectaclesinSkirt's Fish--a fave of mine from this month's challenge--is haunting. A must read. crimson_thorn has a pretty incantation in her Dark Need Reply. These several poems float to the top for me, but also included in the mix are saucy limericks, poems on the psychology and satisfactions of writing, domination, and motherhood, etc. I'd say this two days gave us a feast of poems. Dig in! :)
 
Last edited:
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 9, 2006

I apologize for the delay...
but it was opening day (~_~)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, before I do Saturday's poems... Hannibal by vampiredust recieved a green "E" this morning, (Sunday)

Congratulations
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Skin by ABSTRUSE displaying literary charm in a gripping read with some very vivid and gripping images, made my skin crawl yet it drew me into a poetic ending.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ripe for Love by Man Ray... an illustrated poem that I think you'll enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

have a quality day... and write a poem! (~_~)
 
Monday Reviews (review?)

Wow... 9/11. What a day to remember, but is it truth that we remember or just the political aspects that we have fallen for? Food for thought...

Oh yeah! I'm helping out BlueRains today. Only one poem really stood out for me today, and I thought it was excellent! It is deep, well written and (IMHO) poetic...

Enjoy, Border Crossing by vampiredust

quietpoet
 
... and these got my attention

I certainly agree that vampiredust did a superior job with “Border Crossing” and applaud his selections as well. However, I cannot understand for the life of me how Man Ray's two illustrated poems could go unmentioned. I have to believe that other illustrated poem readers/poets would agree.

I am a newcomer to Literotica and am delighted by the menu of styles and formats. While there is no shortage of excellent non-illustrated poetry, I am most intrigued by illustrated poems due to the complexity of marriage between word and art that is not ‘paint by word’ [sic] if you will.

It is rare to happen upon a site that offers an artist/poet to express him/herself in such a captivating fusion. I offer my kudos to the site owners and my congrats to all illustrated poets who assume the challenge.

All right, I see someone with a long-handled cane…

IB
 
It's vampiredust's birthday today, and he is out getting snockered on martinis. So, you lucky Lit poets, you have me to review the day's fare.

There are only four new poems today, so let's take a little peek at each one:
  • The one familiar name among today's authors is Man Ray, whose Star-Crossed Lovers is a whimsical illustrated poem about, uh, Nature.
  • New poet Psaryce gives us Life, a slightly mournful little rhymed poem. Go welcome her to the forum.
  • Another new poet, TriggerHippie, gives us a rather prosaic piece, Sometimes, that explores the complex emotions we experience in relationships. It looks almost like a song lyric because of a repeated motif. Drop by and say hello.
  • Lastly, HisHarlot's Until The End is a short piece about love. Only the second offering from this poet, so give her a welcome too.
That's it for today. How 'bout y'all go RVC.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
 
Wednesday's Review

.

A special day for me, the 13th of September. This year it happens on a Wednesday and I see there are but 10 small pieces to look over.

Ishtat finally ends his silence with his first submission this year, Unheard Unseen. Give it a thought.

SpectaclesInSkirt brings us another must read piece in Winter in the Tropics. Yet another of her pieces you'll want to reread and savor in the recesses of your mind.

A_dangerous_mind offers her first piece, Sweet B. Give it a read and offer her your comments and welcome.

Chryseis47 is another new presence at Lit with a haunting piece, Homeland. Give her a warm welcome by reading this piece and offering her your comments.

Ifsip is yet another newbie. Her first submission, The Secret Audience, is a light piece and must be read all the way through to be appreciated. I won't spoil your pleasure by revealing the whole of it, but know this ~ appearances are deceiving.

And finally, oregon_gal poses the question, How on EARTH Did I Ever Get Here?.

These are the ones that caught my attention, a rather varied lot. I especially recommend Winter in the Tropics and The Secret Audience, two totally different pieces. Check out the rest and, above all, share your thoughts with the poets.

.
 
Not meaning to step on anyone's toes, but ran across this:

The Archers and thought it needed immediate sharing...

I’ll hand you the gift of your childhood
With a blue room lined in our books


Go and read SpectaclesInSkirt and enjoy.
 
duckiesmut said:
Not meaning to step on anyone's toes, but ran across this:

The Archers and thought it needed immediate sharing...

I’ll hand you the gift of your childhood
With a blue room lined in our books


Go and read SpectaclesInSkirt and enjoy.

Agreed, duckiesmut. Also in new poems are JinnJenn's green, and her fire, both compelling. Other than that, there are some abstract pieces on changes (wfeather) of scenery or more explicit domination poems. Again by LolitasLegacy was my pick of the latter, though this poem also depressed me horribly. Does that mean it's effective? You be the judge.
 
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 16, 2006

I apologize for the delay
but I did read all the poems posted Saturday
33 poems...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

wantin' by LadyTrue ... in my opinion this poem was a very good erotic poem It did not necessarily leave me wanting more but that would be nice (~_*)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Milky Way to solid ground by SpectaclesInSkirt The title itself lured me in this stellar poem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

enjoy this piece of RF's literary charm in ...Peace by Rhyme Fairy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

anna is no doubt a vivid image writer, as you can see in ...Nursing the drought

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waiting for Love by oregon_gal an intriguing literary art that captured my attention for several reasons...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

as much as I would like to mention all 33 poems my time is limited this weekend... once again I apologize for the day's delay but I did enjoy many of the poems offered this Saturday / weekend. Have a quality week (~_~)
 
Topping the list today with an *E* is a tale worthy of Jonathan Livingston Seagull who ate to fly not as the flock that flew to eat....love the blue references...as well ..This is a great inspiring pen...IMHO...
awake
by jinnjenn ©
~~~~~
Next departing the clouds to play in limbo anna gives a different view of grounded...

Limbo
by annaswirls ©
~~~~~
What's up with all these feathers today? I love the use of feathers to caress the motion of desire...
a feather's sail~
by My Erotic Trail ©
 
Last edited:
Wednesday's Review

.

Hey guys, it's Wednesday. Sounds like a good reason to celebrate. Take your wife/lover/friend out to dinner - just because. And if you really want to score some points, send her flowers Friday since she's so special and you want to mark the passing of Summer. And give her a hug - especially if she seems to be down.

Getting an early start today - only 7 new poems so far. I'll check back later to see if there are late postings. In the meantime ~

My Erotic Trail leads the list with Highway Rose: a Bud bloom. A classic Art saga sure to be welcomed by his fans.

KittenishJane has a pair out today, leaving the funeral and leaving the funeral 2. The first is my favorite. Just look at how she sets the somber mood:
"smiles that melt down your chins"

or

"upper lips to drip over your teeth"

That's it for now. Think I'll go back and relish yesterday's wonderful babbling blog poem {my description} from RisiaSkye.

Have a great day and see y'all. Don't forget ~ give 'em all a read and a thoughtful comment or two.
.
 
Another 2fer review (Thursday and Friday)

There were 18 new poems on Thursday and Friday. The first to catch my attention was lobomao's her open window which is sweet on the tongue and heady with assonance. Sweet and brief as a champagne grape is ravenspeak's even. I liked MET's erased, especially the line "wishing for a shooting star to scar the night".
(MET has several others out today, but this was one that I liked best of his poems today, with Pelicans, Pelicans as my 2nd.) Hippokrene discusses Cancer (not the medical kind) in his rhyming treatise The Crab, which I liked though it seemed a little metrically off to my ear. See what you think if rhyme and rhythm are your bag. Finally, just to put the ribbon on this ecclectic little gift basket o poetry, ManRay offers another sensual illustrated floral in his Tickle Spot.
 
Last edited:
Tickle Spot felt like a Hallmark Card. I tend to want more from my poetry than inoffensive and pretty.

Even was also short and simple, which fits with its subject matter. Three lines that make me notice a new aspect of the world are worth more than three hundred showing me what I've already seen before.
 
new poems

New Poem Reviews
Saturday 23, 2006

'Dancing naked in the hill-country rain'

JJW


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Refugee by vampiredust... this poem had my mind swirling in many different directions; more for wondering what sparked such a write, recalling (history) engrossed in every line, and probably the most important part... writes like these should remind us of those who have suffered, in hopes that one day, yet probably never, but we can hope, these acts do not resurface; in mass as well as an individual. Key words finger a time in history but yet this poem speaks for all... Refugees

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Storm by Lunalta

(clip)
Lightning chases the calm away
kinetic streaks across an autumn sky
punctuating the unearthly stillness
gathering winds rage wildly
trees twisting, groaning in protest


I can only express that I just recently experienced this and
I felt that Lunalta did a wonderful job of describing a raging storm and
so much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Golden by MistressJett has a golden poem here, she has several poems post this day but I enjoyed the way she said... what she felt... poetically; in... Golden...


here are the... New Poems for today! Have a great week. (~_~)
 
Last edited:
Monday Line Up!

QP has added another of his crusty realities to ponder...Our differences seem to be stronger than our humanity these days...your poem is well crafted with some wonderful lines..although as Lebroz said...you need a bit of the fairy world these days... ;)
Death Culture by quietpoet ©

thats it for me...read and post ..have a good week... :rose:
 
Back
Top