Why are you submissive?

Unless, of course, she is just submissive in bed. Such exist too.

I agree. I'm mostly submissive in bed, but I run my house with an iron fist. Also, we're just another vanilla couple outside of the bedroom. The only thing that people take note of, is that Mister seems to live the life.

I hereby declare I'm a weirdo. I've been spanked with a rubber chicken. Hurt like hell, actually.

Haha, I snorted so loud I scared the cat.

I'm just waiting for Keroin and ChuckEPenguin to come by. :D

:eek:

Should I even ask how that came about!?

The rubber chicken just happened to lie there, so why not use it, right? I think the actual question here is why would someone own a rubber chicken in the first place.

It was pretty versatile, though. The poor chicken had been decapitated and only had a little stub of a neck left. The stub made for a perfect handle if you wanted to spank with the long, whippy chicken legs. And if you held on to the legs, you could whup with the torso for heavy thuds. :devil:

This is possibly the weirdest thing I've ever posted here.

The rubber chicken just happened to lie there, so why not use it, right? I think the actual question here is why would someone own a rubber chicken in the first place.

It was pretty versatile, though. The poor chicken had been decapitated and only had a little stub of a neck left. The stub made for a perfect handle if you wanted to spank with the long, whippy chicken legs. And if you held on to the legs, you could whup with the torso for heavy thuds. :devil:

This is possibly the weirdest thing I've ever posted here.

When properly using a rubber chicken, is it all in the wrist? :p

You girls have gotten to the level of kink I never thought possible.
Respect!

The quote in my signature is from this article:

http://www.enslavement.org.uk/yld-healthy

When I read it in its entirety, I was an emotional wreck. Finally, I understood me. Most importantly, I understood that it was okay to be me.

I felt exactly the same way the first time I read this article. It was an eye-opener, because I always thought my submissive qualities were weaknesses I had to overcome.

When I started to value submission, I started to value my own experience in a new way. I started feeling better about myself, more beautiful, more at peace with who I am in the world.

I no longer felt I had to fight for a cause I didn't really believe in - my right to dominate! It's funny really. But I spent years, as a young woman, very confused as to how I should behave.

I felt exactly the same way the first time I read this article. It was an eye-opener, because I always thought my submissive qualities were weaknesses I had to overcome.

When I started to value submission, I started to value my own experience in a new way. I started feeling better about myself, more beautiful, more at peace with who I am in the world.

I no longer felt I had to fight for a cause I didn't really believe in - my right to dominate! It's funny really. But I spent years, as a young woman, very confused as to how I should behave.

Indeed. I have never understood the whole women's rights thing, women are equal, women don't need men crap. I know that stirs up a lot of controversy. It's not a cause I'm willing to fight with anyone to prove anything. I just don't feel it. I never have. Women and men are compliments to each other. It's not an equal partnership.

When I am in the presence of a dominant man, I can feel his energy immediately. I can sense it. It's very primal.

I know that someday, if it is meant for me, I will be held in the supportive frame of a loving sadist, and I will be free to be my very best self. It's the only way for me. In other words, I will remain alone and single before I enter into another vanilla relationship.

There have been times I have actually fantasized my self into submission, not sexually, as that goes without saying, but in my life with a man that wasn't leading me just because I needed it that bad. It's just nice to know other women that have felt this, too.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with me. I"m having a very emotional day. *hugs*

Last edited:
Indeed. I have never understood the whole women's rights thing, women are equal, women don't need men crap.

While I respect your right to feel unequal and different, may I point out that I never heard "women dont need men crap" from anyone but really stupid people. We are the same breed, if for nothing else we need men to procreate.

Maybe you would better understand women rights thing if you lived in a country where your daughter can be mutilated, sold, killed and is forbidden the basic education just because she is a girl.

Unequal partnerships are not made just of "loving dominant" and blissful pampered submissive, there is much more non consensual abuse in the world. Rights for women mean providing them with protection from men who are not exactly complementary. You may call it crap, somebody else may think its life saver for them and their children.

While I respect your right to feel unequal and different, may I point out that I never heard "women dont need men crap" from anyone but really stupid people. We are the same breed, if for nothing else we need men to procreate.

Maybe you would better understand women rights thing if you lived in a country where your daughter can be mutilated, sold, killed and is forbidden the basic education just because she is a girl.

Unequal partnerships are not made just of "loving dominant" and blissful pampered submissive, there is much more non consensual abuse in the world. Rights for women mean providing them with protection from men who are not exactly complementary. You may call it crap, somebody else may think its life saver for them and their children.

Thank you, Stray Kat. I needed to be called on my crap, right there. I was way out of line and I do apologize. You are absolutely right about that. It was quite pretentious of me.

I don't think it's a gender issue - that women are naturally more submissive than men. But I do think some people - of both genders - are more comfortable in submissive relationships.

I'm 52, the daughter of the women's rights movement, and I found it all confusing when I was in my teens and twenties, because I thought I was supposed to want something I didn't want.

I am in no way criticizing the women's rights movement, because the quality of my life as I choose to live it is determined by its strength. It was just a relief to me when I discovered that I did not have to conform to an image of "woman" that I was having a hard time conforming to.

Over the years I have experienced that whenever I try to assert myself, I get really mean or I break down into embarrassing tears. I've struggled for years thinking that I should be able to learn how to be more graciously or elegantly assertive, but it wasn't until I began practicing submission as a way-of-life, embracing the idea that it wasn't "unhealthy" to be submissive, that I really started to learn how to operate graciously in the world.

It was careless of me to throw that out in the context that I did. I do believe, however, that the women's rights movement drastically changed a lot of things about the male/female dynamic.

Yes, it served a very good purpose, I suppose, in some ways. It also hurt our society in many ways, as well. it's a matter of opinion. I'm not here to debate, although I do like to watch a good debate, just not be an active participant.

Really, it's more of an issue at the heart for me. The times I hear women talk badly and emasculate men. When I hear them say they don't need a man. I need a man. I need him in many, many ways. I have no shame in admitting that. I do see him as a superior being; however, that comes from a place of respect and admiration for him, not from a lack of worth in myself.

And, you're right, Eastern Sun. It's not a gender issue. It's not. It's a relationship dynamic and sexual dynamic. It's a different way for a man and woman (in our case) to relate to each other that goes much deeper than "what is acceptable by society". That's where it should stay. This again leads me to an apology as I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Eastern Sun, I can also relate to becoming "mean" when you try to assert yourself. If you can call it mean. I think women of our nature are exceptionally hard on ourselves. I think we are exceptionally gentle creatures as well. I don't believe it's in my nature to really be "mean" but that's what it feels like to me. It takes a lot of energy for me to do so and I end up channeling it inappropriately and lashing out, which is out of character for me.

There are triggers as well. Such as the time I've been spending discussing my needs not being met in the forum. I'm starting to feel a sense of "depression" almost, which is also not my normal character. For me to feel this negative is overwhelming because I'm usually the girl holding everybody else's emotions together and making sure everyone is happy.

This thread has been completely derailed.

Why am I submissive? Because it's the very core and essence of who I am. I am so undeniably feminine and submissive at my core. It's a strength and a powerful feeling when I am completely tapped into it. Just as powerfully strong and beautiful as a masculine man, only completely different just the same :heart:

Last edited:
Lots of threads get derailed/hijacked both here and in the Café - just like real-life conversations at the office or at a party, etc. You'll get used to it.

Sir Winston,

I have a few questions about online interactions in the D/s world. I'm struggling at the moment with how to articulate them. If I am able to settle my mind at some point and put pen to paper, if you will, may I send you a PM?

Sir Winston,

I have a few questions about online interactions in the D/s world. I'm struggling at the moment with how to articulate them. If I am able to settle my mind at some point and put pen to paper, if you will, may I send you a PM?
Feel free.I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion. :)

Feel free.I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion. :)

Thank you, kindly.

I won’t be sending you anything right away. It will take me some time as well. I want to be clear and concise as to avoid any miscommunication because I feel your advice would be very valuable to me.

Thank you again. I hope you’re feeling better and in good spirits today.

Take good care of yourself. :)

If I may say, while SirW is one of my favorite people on this board, I am not sure he has so much experience with online dating :D

He sure has a lot of overall life experience and you can rely on that and his common sense, but for that particular issue I believe there are some ladies who have actually been in LDR (there was even a thread about it, something like LDR support thread around here?) and may be better suited to answer your questions.

Back