Trump calls Comey "a nut job"

KingOrfeo

Literotica Guru
NYT:

WASHINGTON — President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

Now, this isn't even about the Russia thing. WRT Trump's credibility, this would break the camel's back, had not the poor thing been sprawled thrashing on the sand for several years now. Not everyone who has heard of James Comey thinks well of him, to say the least; but Trump is almost certainly the only person in the world to whom it would occur to call Comey a "nut job," and I see no reason why it should have occurred to him, either; obviously he just chose "nut job" off a mental menu -- he has quite a long menu -- of discrediting characterizations. This is a man who cares nothing whatsoever for the truth value of his statements, public or private.

How can any of you still believe anything he says?!

NYT:

Now, this isn't even about the Russia thing. WRT Trump's credibility, this would break the camel's back, had not the poor thing been sprawled thrashing on the sand for several years now. Not everyone who has heard of James Comey thinks well of him, to say the least; but Trump is almost certainly the only person in the world to whom it would occur to call Comey a "nut job," and I see no reason why it should have occurred to him, either; obviously he just chose "nut job" off a mental menu -- he has quite a long menu -- of discrediting characterizations. This is a man who cares nothing whatsoever for the truth value of his statements, public or private.

How can any of you still believe anything he says?!

Probably a lie, but who cares, Comey did have an obvious personality disorder.

Probably a lie, but who cares, Comey did have an obvious personality disorder.

Can't think of any. He is a large-ego grandstander, but, unlike with Trump, that condition does not rise to the level of a pathology.

If he keeps this up, I'll consider El Trumpo as dishonest as Hillary, though she'd still be sleazier by a factor of 10.

Even if everything rumored against her were true, Trump's public-record misdeeds are much more of the kind people associate with "sleazy."

Last edited:
It's both fascinating and frightening to witness this ongoing trainwreck .

He is so inappropriate, has absolutely no filter, and appears profoundly clueless to his surroundings and circumstances that might at least guide some comments and decorum.

It's both fascinating and frightening to witness this ongoing spectacle.

He is so inappropriate, has absolutely no filter, and appears profoundly clueless to his surroundings and circumstances that might at least guide some comments and decorum.

And the lesson is: In America, if you're born rich enough, you can go amazingly far without filters or clues or shame.

Oh God. ANOTHER "anonymous source" article that goes on to quote unverified statements and you guys just lap it up.

It's fucking hilarious how eager you are to find substance in the most empty of things.

Oh God. ANOTHER "anonymous source" article that goes on to quote unverified statements and you guys just lap it up.

The White House document that contained Mr. Trump’s comments was based on notes taken from inside the Oval Office and has been circulated as the official account of the meeting. One official read quotations to The Times, and a second official confirmed the broad outlines of the discussion.

You'll find that kind of sourcing in news articles about any administration. Don't recall you ever squawking when it was about Obama.

And the lesson is: In America, if you're born rich enough, you can go amazingly far without filters or clues or shame.

Especially if you can stiff people, fire them, sue them or buy their silence...which he's finding out ain't the case now that he's president.

You'll find that kind of sourcing in news articles about any administration. Don't recall you ever squawking when it was about Obama.

I wasn't here during the Obama nightmare so you couldn't have heard me even if I'd broken my personal rule to NEVER listen to "anonymous sources".

It's called hearsay and it's inadmissible for a reason.

It's fucking hilarious how eager you are to find substance in the most empty of things.

'eager to find substance in the most empty of things' sounds like a Trump supporter.

James Comey once tried to blend in with White House curtains to avoid Trump

Blend in with the curtains? Nut job behavior?

Former FBI Director James Comey once attempted to use the White House curtains as camouflage to avoid being seen by President Donald Trump, according to a report in The New York Times.

Brookings Institute fellow Benjamin Wittes, a personal friend of Comey, told the story to the Times as it had been relayed to him by the former FBI director.

According to Wittes, the incident occurred Jan. 22 during a ceremony in the White House Blue Room to honor law enforcement officials who provided security at the inauguration. Comey, who is 6 feet, 8 inches tall, was dressed in a dark blue suit and standing near the dark blue curtains in the back of the room, hoping to blend in and go unnoticed by Trump.

Comey was hoping to press upon the president that their relationship was to remain entirely professional, the Times reported. However, Trump had made multiple attempts to draw Comey into a personal friendship, which Comey thought to be professionally “inappropriate.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/0...-in-with-white-house-curtains-to-avoid-trump/

Which reason applies only in court.

And this is a reason to make an exception in every day life in regards to someone's reputation?

Hearsay is inadmissible because it is inherently UNRELIABLE. I don't make decisions based on unreliable commentary, advertising, or news.

And this is a reason to make an exception in every day life in regards to someone's reputation?

Of course it is, when the someone is POTUS. I might call you a liar about this or that defamation of Obama's reputation; I might dismiss a hostile report about him because it comes from some zero-credibility source like Fox or Breitbart; but I would not dismiss an MSM article just because it was based on an unnamed source. In fact, I would not for that reason alone dismiss an MSM article about anybody or anything.

Last edited:
If he keeps this up, I'll consider El Trumpo as dishonest as Hillary, though she'd still be sleazier by a factor of 10.

Hillary is equal to trump on her own, but throw in her walking sex offender dirty as hell husband and they exceed Trump.

It was one hell of a bad set of choices last year

Hillary is equal to trump on her own, but throw in her walking sex offender dirty as hell husband and they exceed Trump.

It was one hell of a bad set of choices last year

I think you'll all agree Sanders would at any rate not be embarrassing us.

Read a short book called On Bullshit. It's all you need to know about Trump's relationship with the truth.

Read a short book called On Bullshit. It's all you need to know about Trump's relationship with the truth.

I've seen it discussed -- as I recall, the difference between a liar and bullshitter is that a liar is trying to deceive you as to the content of his lie, while a bullshitter is trying to deceive you as to his credibility in general -- is that correct?

I've seen it discussed -- as I recall, the difference between a liar and bullshitter is that a liar is trying to deceive you as to the content of his lie, while a bullshitter is trying to deceive you as to his credibility in general -- is that correct?

Close. Simply put, a liar knows the difference between truth and lie, a bullshitter doesn't even care if a difference exists. At least that's how I read it.

Back