Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graffiti for Christmas

I've just removed some graffiti from a neighbour's wall. They're away for Christmas. The message was left in the early hours of this morning.

I had already removed some from a road sign beside my house on Christmas Day.

There is more graffiti further down the road but the local store had removed the graffiti from their wall by 9am.

Someone has a problem with a man living in our road so they're leaving messages stating that "X" is a sexual predator. According to our local police, he isn't and they think it is a family dispute about money. They have a few suspects but so far no one has been seen leaving the graffiti.

Christmas should be a time for peace and goodwill but it is also a peak time for domestic incidents perhaps because expectations aren't realised.

If this goes on I'll have to buy another can of "Graffiti Buster".

A not insubstantial part of aging is the dawning realization that there is no such thing as we.

Cold is a relative term I'm finding out.

36f is cold here, 4f is cold in Canada. :eek:

Three of a kind beats two pair. :eek:

Maybe it's according to which two pair you are talking about. :cool:

Who was that artist that always painted women with three boobs? Maybe he was on to something. :rolleyes:

Last night I dreamed that I was (I smell bacon?) being held up by a bunch of teens, one of which had a pistol, and knew my name... So I handed over what they asked for as I realized I was actually dreaming, and then woke up. A few minutes later I fell back asleep, was walking past the same group of guys, and pulled out my phone to dial 911. The one with the gun saw me and told me to put the phone away. I did not comply. I was done being a victim. He confronted me, holding his pistol up by it's holster, and thought that would scare me. It didn't. I kicked the holstered weapon out of his hand and proceeded to beat him senseless in front of his cohorts as I woke up again.

Which is probably a good thing, since they probably would have ganged up on me and kicked the shit out of me, before their friend recovered his pistol and shot me.

__

I also got paid for August, and can supposedly expect two more checks in January.

__

And I need to charge my cell phone. It's about ready to die right in front of me.

The better part of valor...

Last night I dreamed that I was (I smell bacon?) being held up by a bunch of teens, one of which had a pistol, and knew my name... So I handed over what they asked for as I realized I was actually dreaming, and then woke up. A few minutes later I fell back asleep, was walking past the same group of guys, and pulled out my phone to dial 911. The one with the gun saw me and told me to put the phone away. I did not comply. I was done being a victim. He confronted me, holding his pistol up by it's holster, and thought that would scare me. It didn't. I kicked the holstered weapon out of his hand and proceeded to beat him senseless in front of his cohorts as I woke up again.

Which is probably a good thing, since they probably would have ganged up on me and kicked the shit out of me, before their friend recovered his pistol and shot me.

__

I also got paid for August, and can supposedly expect two more checks in January.

__

And I need to charge my cell phone. It's about ready to die right in front of me.

Unless Steven Segall, Chuck Norris, or Bruce Lee loaned you their script writer, just give the guy with the gun what he wants. In real life it's better to need than to bleed.
NOTE: Never kick at a hand holding a gun...makes it easier for them to shoot your dick off.

NOTE: Never kick at a hand holding a gun...makes it easier for them to shoot your dick off.

He was holding it by the holster. Not the grip of the gun, the holster. I don't care how poorly you kick it out of his hand, unless it was a revolver from the 1800s, it isn't shooting anything from the holster with no finger on the trigger (and it was a stainless steel colt 1911 semi-auto, so it does not count).

Unless Steven Segall, Chuck Norris, or Bruce Lee loaned you their script writer, just give the guy with the gun what he wants. In real life it's better to need than to bleed.

If it's still in the holster (as in TGP's dream), I'm golden - I can certainly kick the damn thing out of his hand (and probably break his wrist in the process) quicker than he can get it out of his holster. :D

As a side note: TGP - I dunno about you, but they train us to say "they're aren't enough of you" :D

If it's still in the holster (as in TGP's dream), I'm golden - I can certainly kick the damn thing out of his hand (and probably break his wrist in the process) quicker than he can get it out of his holster. :D

As a side note: TGP - I dunno about you, but they train us to say "they're aren't enough of you" :D

I just have no self confidence lately. I think I need to get my testosterone checked (or something else medically wrong with me). I just haven't had much strength or energy lately.

And (realistically) even if I kicked the gun out of his hand, there were four other people to pick it up and use it against me. Not a good situation. I'm glad it was a dream.

I just have no self confidence lately. I think I need to get my testosterone checked (or something else medically wrong with me). I just haven't had much strength or energy lately.

And (realistically) even if I kicked the gun out of his hand, there were four other people to pick it up and use it against me. Not a good situation. I'm glad it was a dream.

That's one thing (among others) that teaching has given me...if I'm not feeling all that confident, for whatever reason, I certainly have to fake it. Once you fake it for a little bit, it comes back to you without you even realizing it. :)

Why do actors and actresses with genetic traits that connect them to their ethnic heritage feel the need to go under the knife? Are they ashamed of being Greek, Jewish, or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back