Thank you for the music (closed)

She grinned a bit looking at him and chuckled happily.

"Perhaps I can" She said with a grin on her face
 
He lightly tapped her nose with a finger,

"If you can't, tonight you will learn."

He walked with her across the street, to enter the building where his apartment was, opening the door he allowed her to enter first, then he followed.

"A bit small, but better than the shoebox I lived in. Apart from the guitar, bed, table an chair...wait, only the bedsheets, cutlery and plates oh and the clothes are mine."

He grinned and pulled open a window, to let the last light enter the apartment, then he pulled clothes from his drawer and went to the bathroom.
 
She looked at his place it was rather nice which was a good thing for him, she smiled when he tapped her nose and sat on the couch to let him do what he needed, sighing a bit she was thinking of him and her together in bed and shook the idea and thought way out of her head.
 
After a shower he got clothed and stepped out, he wore a black t-shirt with a black denim and his brown boots.

"Well then, let's go get you gussied up and we can hit the scene."

He walked to the door and locked it behind them, back on street level he hailed a cab and they got in, he gave the address and they drove off.
 
Once they got to her place she went through her stuff and took out a black dress that was backless and went around her neck to keep it up as she came out looking at him. It was actually a very simple dress nothing glittery or anything on it. "What you think?" It was not very long either about the top of her knees.
 
"Wow, looking good Luna."

He nodded his agreement to his words,

"Now you gotta put on your dancing shoes and we'll catch a cab. Get out at a club or two in the very fine night."

He chuckled slightly at his twisting of Walking in Memphis
 
She sat down dragging a pair of thick high heeled shoes they were good for dancing in since they were comfortable and form fitting around the ankle smiling a little bit she grinned a little and sighed a little and stood up "okay hot shot lets go" She winked
 
Another cab and they got out at a club, things was in swing already, Charles took Luna's hand and walked up the stairs with her.

"Charles you old rascal!"

He smiled at the bouncer and shook the huge hand offered,

"Hey Dustin, how's things?"

"Nah good good, where's the guitar?"

Dustin looked Luna up and down,

"Surely you are not going to play her?"

Chales laughed,

"Tonight I'm her to party, this is Luna. My muse and best friend."

"Ah then get inside you two, Corrie will be happy to see you."

"She always is."

Dustin chuckled and Charles led Luna inside, it was busy, but not packed. He led her over to the bar and ordered a bottle of water for himself, then turned to her as they sat down,

"Pick your poison."
 
She was surprised by how people reacted to him.

One day he was the normal guy she met in the park.

Then next thing you know he is very popular, thought she was happy for him.

Sitting down beside him as he got some water and sighed a bit thinking.

"I'll start with a beer" She said to the bartender and grinned.
 
He opened his water and took a sip,

"I came here sometimes when the band needed a guitarist, learned a bit about the other trades while here. Seems like I just have an inborn knack to play an instrument once I know how. Of course practice will make me better at it."

He smiled at her,

"I went everywhere, played there in the hope to get noticed, it was only when you came along that my luck changed."
 
Sipping her beer she listened to him talk and smiled listing to him and when he said it was when she came that her luck changed.

"I am far from a lucky charm Charles you got the job because your damn good, I was never given the chance to ever be anything which was why I stopped trying a year ago and then bumped into you, seeing your dream was like mine but I would not let you stop your passion like I did"

She looked down in her beer.
 
He nudged her shoulder and wagged a finger at her,

"I may be damned good, but you saw the cards of promised returns, you can see the places I have been to, to try and reach my dream."

He shook his head,

"You are my lucky charm, love or hate it, you can't deny it."

He smiled,

"And I will be waiting for you to start your own label, then I can come work for you."
 
She smiled at him and looked at him.

"You know in all honesty what would be a dream come true would be singing one song with you and perform it on stage or have it recorded. But you are the talent I am sure I am nothing that the studio has not heard, I have a new way of singing but its experimental for me it is any way. "
 
"Well Andrew seemed quite impressed with you, he even had the recorder running when you sang."

He chuckled,

"But don't worry, it will be for his private collection. I think that he might approach you about it some time."

"Charles!"

He turned in his seat and smiled at the red headed woman as she walked up to them,

"Ah Corrie, Corrie this is Luna, Luna this is Corrie."

Corrie of course did the whole hugging thing and as she stated,

"A friend of Charles is a friend of mine."

She grinned at Charles,

"So are we going to hear that magic guitar tonight?"

Charles shook his head,

"Here to celebrate, got a contract."

"Oh wow! Really? Congratulations, you deserved that one. But please, you have to sing one song for us at least? Pretty please?"

Charles chuckled,

"OK OK but just one."

She smiled,

"Just one, got to run."

She walked away and Charles gave Luna a wink,

"Ready for the stage or do you want another beer?"
 
She finished up her beer and was rather glad for it as well, she did not know how everything would turn out. But then this woman came up and she was hugged, Luna hugged her back to be nice.
Sure she had no idea who she was but Charles knew her so really she was content. Nodding to him she grinned.

"I kinda have a little surprise for you to after your performance, I called in a favor since my father knows the owner of this place" She said knowing she would for the first time really exposed what Charles got her to do without him even trying.
 
Charles arched an eyebrow,

"Your father knows Corrie? Or do you mean the live show I have later this week?"
 
Looking at him and smiled "Corrie, dad knows a few people he is rather popular in making friends. Wish I could make friends as easily as he can" She smirked.
 
The eyebrow stayed raised, then he grinned,

"You would've been buggered if I went to another club."

Grabbing her hand he pulled her after him, they went just past the stage to the DJ playing music,

"Corrie told me to sing a song,"

He pointed at Luna,

"She's singing with me. What you got?"
 
Luna smiled at him and grinned "I wouldn't have even mentioned it if we went to another place" She laughed.

And then ran with him through the crowed and got up on stage with him unsure what song they were to do. But when he asked what they got she wondered if he was talking to the DJ or Her, she grinned a bit waiting.
 
The DJ quickly scanned through his list,

"I have Taking back my love Enrique Iglesias with Ciara as backtrack."

Charles looked at Luna,

"Know it?"
 
She looked at him hearing the song and nodded.

"Let's do it" She said rather happy and grinned. She loved the song and was enjoying the thought of singing with him.
 
He grabbed two mikes and gave one to her, the current song ended and the Dj's voice came over the system.

"Ladies and gentlemen, a rare treat for you tonight. Charles Streak and Luna!"

The intro started and Charles stood next to Luna as the spotlights highlighted them both,

"Go ahead just leave, can't hold you, you're free
You take all these things, if they mean so much to you
I gave you your dreams, 'cause you meant the world
So did I deserve to be left here hurt?

You think I don't know you're out of control
I ended up finding all of this from my boys
Girl, you're stone cold, you say it ain't so
You already know I'm not attached to material."

With the chorus she joined in with him,

"I'd give it all up but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, I'm takin' back my love
I've given you too much but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, my love, my love, my love
My love"

The next part was her's to sing.
 
Yeah
What did I do but give love to you
I'm just confused as I stand here and look at you
From head to feet, all that's not me
Go 'head, keep the keys, that's not what I need from you
You think that you know (I do), you've made yourself cold (Oh yeah)
How could you believe them over me, I'm your girl
You're out of control (So what?), how could you let go (Oh yeah)
Don't you know I'm not attached to material

[Both:]
I'd give it all up but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, I'm takin' back my love
I've given you too much but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, my love, my love, my love

I'd give it all up but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, I'm takin' back my love
I've given you too much but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, my love, my love, my love

[Charles:]

So all this love I give you, take it away, (Unh, uh huh)

[Luna:]

You think material's the reason I came, (Unh, uh huh)

Charles:

If I had nothing would you want me to stay (Unh, uh huh)

[Luna:]
You keep your money, take it all away

I'd give it all up but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, I'm takin' back my love
I've given you too much but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, my love, my love

I'd give it all up but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, I'm takin' back my love
I've given you too much but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, my love, my love

I'd give it all up but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, I'm takin' back my love
I've given you too much but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, my love, my love, my love

Ooh, my love
Ooh, my love

Luna had a lot of fun singing with Charles meant the world to her.
 
There was applause when they finished, Charles lifted Luna's arm in the air, then bowed with her.

"Thank you! Will see you again, thanks again."

The DJ started a new song and Charles took the two mics to him,

"Thanks man."
 
Luna had a lot of fun with him when they did the duet felt nice to be able to do something so nice, she felt like an equal in that moment. But deep down she was afraid even though he said he would not forget, that his manager and those he work for. Making him forget the life he had before, having a hard life made him into who she cared for now. Words stuck in her throat, a kick to the ass and she felt useless. But smiled sitting down.

"That was fun"
 
Back
Top