Technical advice needed

temp3

Virgin
I'm addicted to the internet, unfortunately.
But it's difficult for me to fight it, because a large part of my work is on the computer, and I need to save my work in cloud-based programs similar to dropbox or evernote.

Is there any (windows) program that allows me to restrict internet access only to specific apps, while blocking the internet on all other internet apps., particularly internet browsers?

I use a microsoft computer for my work, and if needed I can always sync it to my android tablet which I use for surfing the internet or leisure.

Many thanks in advance.

I'm addicted to the internet, unfortunately.
But it's difficult for me to fight it, because a large part of my work is on the computer, and I need to save my work in cloud-based programs similar to dropbox or evernote.

Is there any (windows) program that allows me to restrict internet access only to specific apps, while blocking the internet on all other internet apps., particularly internet browsers?

I use a microsoft computer for my work, and if needed I can always sync it to my android tablet which I use for surfing the internet or leisure.

Many thanks in advance.

I dont know if there are ones that block apps bit you can try limits on your router for times

Look on the Internet for creating a lmhosts file for your version of windows.

Add names of sites you don't want to see anymore, such as ad servers, social networking, news, etc., and point them all to your localhost address.

Pretend you can't remember how to delete the lmhosts file you created.

Anything that you can do to restrict access on your computer you can undo when you get the itch. I think your best bet is to work on good habits. Programs like RescueTime can help you visualize your usage patterns, bug you when you spend too much time on a web site, and even block sites. The important thing is to realize that you need change and then take small steps to little victories.

Good luck

Back