Leeerooyyy Jennnkiiiiiins!

Hi folks,

I had already decided to leave the site for a while to focus on both readers in my readership outside of Lit, but I had one last thing to say, so I'll say it here, knowing what will come of it. I've already baited the troll(s) to the extent almost nothing I write will ever made it to red again, so why not finish what I started? :cool:

I still have a glimmer of faith that there are more good people than there are arseholes, both in the world and in this community. Plenty of you who have supported me who have zero interest in GM, and you've done it because you like to see other people succeed. I can't tell you how much I appreciate that. I didn't expect it, and it's been humbling at times just how much time's been invested in me. I've had people read screeds of my writing when I knew it didn't interest them in the slightest, and give me useful, helpful critique.

I see a huge amount of support for other authors here, I see very real attempts to help each other, to foster and develop new authors, to elevate them. I believe that, as jaded as many of you are, and as blunt as some of you can be, the majority of your hearts are in the right place.

But I would ask you this. When you see hate speech, when you see exclusion, please speak up. Make it not okay to behave that way. You don't have to stoop to the level of the fuckwit (my current favourite Aussie insult), you just have to call it out.

Because of the support here, I've shucked off the homophobic garbage that's come my way, knowing it wasn't the opinion of the majority. My experimentation through melding humour, horror and bi fantasies, has taken me to places where I expected to get some fairly harsh criticism, and I haven't been disappointed (or concerned about it).

But what I would like to see, is an end to homophobia being protected as 'understandable'. I know, there are plenty of religions and groups that see 'gay' as evil and wrong and disgusting, but do you hear gay people calling out all the disgusting hetero sex on this site? ;-)

That's all. Just call it out, for your fellow authors who colour outside the lines. We're an inclusive community, and while we may not have the same preferences, inclusivity is about more than just tolerating your fellow men and women being in the same space. It's making them feel welcome, part of which is speaking up against unwarranted attacks that denigrate their community.

Thanks again for all the support, the commentary, the beta reading, and the friendship. And the clarification on the Oxford comma. I've been pleasantly surprised so many times by private comments and feedback and offers to help, that in some ways, Lit has restored my faith in humankind.

Thanks again for making me feel welcome for so long. Now, I need to go stand in some fire. ;-)

Jase.

🔥🔥🔥🐉🐉🐉🔥🔥🔥

Be well. Lurk some. Shine a light on hateful asshats and heinous fuckery of all kinds. You have opened minds. Come back soon. Is your website going to stay up? (There's a bad pun hiding there).

Go well, sir. I wish you the very best of good fortune. And if, in the midst of being successful, you get bored, maybe you could call back and drop a provocative comment or two? No pressure. :)

Just know that, if sex is truly evil and wrong and disgusting, it’s byproduct has brought some wonderful people into this world to brighten other people’s lives in some way, shape, fashion, form or another. I say don’t go. 🌹Kant👠👠👠 since I do appreciate you taking the time to read some of my stories.

My inner yandere will miss Toby more than life itself.

Does anyone know where Jase’s non-Lit work can be found? I would very much like to continue to read it.

If you do know and want to tell me, please PM me.

*Wonders how many people are scratching their head, having no idea what the thread title means*

For those who are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLyOj_QD4a4

Jason; may the wind always be at your back.

I'm no great fan of 'computer games'; my interest stopped at being able to fly something (it still does).
So, apart from the abysmal sound quality on that screen clip (was that all in 8-bit ?), what the 'eck was all that about ? :)

Jason; may the wind always be at your back.

I'm no great fan of 'computer games'; my interest stopped at being able to fly something (it still does).
So, apart from the abysmal sound quality on that screen clip (was that all in 8-bit ?), what the 'eck was all that about ? :)

Try and stay awake through this if you can... [From Wikipedia, since they were more concise than I would have been]:

The video features a group of players discussing a detailed battle plan for their next encounter while Leeroy is away from his computer, preparing a plate of chicken. This plan is devised to help Leeroy, but is ruined when Leeroy returns and, ignorant of the strategy, immediately rushes headlong into battle shouting his own name in a stylized battle cry. His companions rush to help, but Leeroy's actions ruin the detailed plan and all the members of the group are killed.

In this instance, it just means, I might be charging into certain death... but at least I still have chicken. Tasty, tasty chicken. And, apologies to anyone else who gets wiped because of me.

:cool:

Go well, sir. I wish you the very best of good fortune. And if, in the midst of being successful, you get bored, maybe you could call back and drop a provocative comment or two? No pressure. :)

That's the problem, with all the sexy legs here, I'd never leave. A clean break's needed.

Just know that, if sex is truly evil and wrong and disgusting, it’s byproduct has brought some wonderful people into this world to brighten other people’s lives in some way, shape, fashion, form or another. I say don’t go. 🌹Kant👠👠👠 since I do appreciate you taking the time to read some of my stories.

All the best to you, Kantii. :rose:

Sounds like a sensible reason, but

Explicar_002.jpg

Nooo! Please don't go!

What's the fun of making sense? Can't you just hump in, every now and then?

Nope. You're all too damn sexy. Too distracting. ;) I mean, look at those legs! And those melons!

Good luck chasing the dream Jason, but don't think you've gotten away. I know where to find you.;)

*Wonders how many people are scratching their head, having no idea what the thread title means*

For those who are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLyOj_QD4a4

Thanks, because I had no idea.

I watched half of it and clicked off thinking this is what a generation of 'adults' are obsessed with.

Wow....and not Wow as the world of Warcraft acronym.

Going back to my days of original D&D I wonder how many of these people could play with nothing but dice and number charts? Maybe a couple of miniatures when we were really getting fancy.

Going back to my days of original D&D I wonder how many of these people could play with nothing but dice and number charts? Maybe a couple of miniatures when we were really getting fancy.
When I first started playing, we didn't even use tact maps and minis- just dice, charts/handbooks, and our ability to role-play and problem solve. My current gaming group is all about the tact maps- so much so that my GM constructed his own gaming table with a screen built into the surface for maps to be projected on.

Where Jase is going, though, I doubt their role-playing will involve anything that could be called a "miniature". ;)

When I first started playing, we didn't even use tact maps and minis- just dice, charts/handbooks, and our ability to role-play and problem solve. My current gaming group is all about the tact maps- so much so that my GM constructed his own gaming table with a screen built into the surface for maps to be projected on.

Ooh, nice. I don't always use maps, for simple encounters they're overkill, but they can save a LOT of arguments about exactly who is in the blast radius of spell effects or who's flanking who.

edit: also, I enjoy painting minis.

Last edited:
Wonder if I'm the only one here who recalls the Atari D&D game that was just a weird maze and block figures:eek:

I watched half of it and clicked off thinking this is what a generation of 'adults' are obsessed with.

Wow....and not Wow as the world of Warcraft acronym.

I did this with my kids when they were somewhat younger, although we used maps (which I made -- I was always the DM) and made our own figurines out of clay. I never played D&D at all as a kid.

I was surprised, given how video game-obsessed they were, how much they enjoyed playing a game without the graphic splendor. Imagination is not dead today; you just have to give it a little chance.

I did this with my kids when they were somewhat younger, although we used maps (which I made -- I was always the DM) and made our own figurines out of clay. I never played D&D at all as a kid.

I was surprised, given how video game-obsessed they were, how much they enjoyed playing a game without the graphic splendor. Imagination is not dead today; you just have to give it a little chance.

That's the key, having parents who will nurture their imagination and get them thinking and interacting and not just handing them phones and tablets and videogames.

The fact we live in a time when a little box is running people's houses and they're too lazy to turn on their own heat, order their groceries etc....has a trickle effect on kids who only know what they see when they're growing up.

Open it again and skip toward the end. That's where the title comes from, and is the funny part. No doubt, it will spark some memory of PnP adventures past. I know it did for me.

Ooh, nice. I don't always use maps, for simple encounters they're overkill, but they can save a LOT of arguments about exactly who is in the blast radius of spell effects or who's flanking who.

edit: also, I enjoy painting minis.

Loved painting my miniatures. I went full-on and even bought dragons. Come to think of it, handling all that lead may be what's wrong with me today... LOL They weren't cast in pewter yet when I was playing/painting.

I should dig them up and take some pictures.

Wonder if I'm the only one here who recalls the Atari D&D game that was just a weird maze and block figures:eek:

Nope. Played it on the console. Have the rom. It sucks.

I remember the Intellivision/Tandy vision version called Advanced Dungeons &Dragons.🌹Kant

Cloudy mountain :D We never got the second, pseudo-3d sequel, but I loved playing cloudy mountain. It's amazing how heart-stopping a buzzing sound effect and a blocky, poor representation of a dragon rushing toward you can be when the game only reveals a few inches of screen at a time.

Back