Need feedback on a new writing style

Jay626

Virgin
Joined
May 14, 2004
Posts
31
I normally write in the second person and a few times in the first person. I never wrote in the first person and the past tense. I planned on switching it up and having the past tense hit the present and continue from there. I just need another set of eyes before I continue.
 
Good news, maybe. I looked at your first 10 listed stories. 8 in third person, 2 in first person, none in second person. Most in past tense, including the 2 in first person. So, you may not be writing in what you think you are.
 
Last edited:
Its all good. I still have no idea what the reply was about. I never wrote in the past tense before.
 
I never wrote in the past tense before.

Taken from The Tale of Regina
Regina Gerald was packing her son's bag for a three week basketball camp, and trying not to let her emotions get in the way. It was her first time letting her son go to a summer camp, and the distance made it impossible for a visit. Although he would spend time at his Grandparent's house, four days was not three weeks.​

Past tense. That's your first paragraph. She was packing, not is. Would you like more? Incendently, each "was" instead of "is" is past tense.

On another note, do you think this tale is "second person"?
 
Guess I should have been more clear. I never wrote in the past tense when the main character is describing the events in a journal form. No matter though, as I decided to scrap the idea of posting it.
 
Yes, the next thing we could have gotten in to if I thought the discussion was welcome would have been tense hopping. It's a good question, though, of what you think is second person in your stories posted to Lit.
 
Back
Top