Looking for Writer for Long-Term Projects (~$300/month to start + upfront payments)

Bumping this up. Continuing to look for more talent. Have invested in a few authors already and happy to give their references if curious.

Bumping this up. Continuing to look for more talent. Have invested in a few authors already and happy to give their references if curious.

I’m going to make a suggestion, but I’d like to see how many authors here would be willing to give it a try. And if Johncbb is interested of course. So how’s this.

Story event later in the year where there’s a gap, I can work with John to lay out parameters for story event that fits his bill and then run that by Laurel for approval. John puts up the prize money to Laurel, coz we all know competitions with money attract a lot of stories - I think the last one was what, 70 odd stories? So that’s a lot of bang for the buck for John and a lot of stories for a reasonable outlay. Lay the parameters out carefully and I think it’d be surprising. Non con and forced stripping and all that stuff are popular categories and there’s a lot writers in those categories that never appear on the AH boards but announcements in those categories would draw them.

I’ll commit to putting my keyboard where my mouth is and writing something but what do you all think? And is johnccb willing to front a cash prize on the off chance he’ll get enough of what he’s looking for to make it worthwhile?

I’m going to make a suggestion, but I’d like to see how many authors here would be willing to give it a try. And if Johncbb is interested of course. So how’s this.

Story event later in the year where there’s a gap, I can work with John to lay out parameters for story event that fits his bill and then run that by Laurel for approval. John puts up the prize money to Laurel, coz we all know competitions with money attract a lot of stories - I think the last one was what, 70 odd stories? So that’s a lot of bang for the buck for John and a lot of stories for a reasonable outlay. Lay the parameters out carefully and I think it’d be surprising. Non con and forced stripping and all that stuff are popular categories and there’s a lot writers in those categories that never appear on the AH boards but announcements in those categories would draw them.

I’ll commit to putting my keyboard where my mouth is and writing something but what do you all think? And is johnccb willing to front a cash prize on the off chance he’ll get enough of what he’s looking for to make it worthwhile?

Count me interested - I pay partial upfront anyway for the authors I invest in and so no qualms with paying up front for a cash prize contest. My only concern is that the scope of the contest would be quite narrow (compared to other contests that I've seen run) and not sure how many contestants we'd actually have.

Back