Why Are Liberals So Violent? "Commentary"

FGB

Literotica Guru
By Craig Shirley and Scott Mauer | July 3, 2018 | 12:35 PM EDT

https://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/craig-shirley/why-are-liberals-so-violent

“I’m going to find the Congressman’s kids and kill them.”

These words weren’t written in a novel from some evil villain, hell-bent on destroying a politician’s life. They weren’t said in a movie where the FBI or CIA track down some domestic terrorist.

They were allegedly said by a man named Laurence Wayne Key, from Florida. The target were the children of House Representative Brian Mast, Republican.

The motive? Purely political: Key continued, allegedly calling Mast’s office, “If you’re going to separate kids at the border, I’m going to kill his kids. Don’t try to find me because you won’t.” It’s an ironic twist of fate that he would be worried about the children of illegal aliens, since he volunteered at a local Planned Parenthood for much of his time. Of course, maybe that explains everything. Apparently, to Key, killing children is no different from killing a fly.

"Are violent" means the action was actually taken. Cite instances of actual violence by identified liberals. Then cite instances of actual violence by Trumpette types. Which list do you think is going to be longer? Want to place a bet on that?

This is such selective bullshit. For every example of “liberal” violence I can come up with an example of ”conservative” violence. You would then argue that the example I give is not indicative of “conservatism” at all.

Yeah, no shit. Neither is some random assjack from Florida’s threats indicative that “liberals” are violent. Just like David Duke and his handful of supporters, or Arthur Jones, genuine neo-Nazi and Republican congressional candidate, are not indicative that “conservatives” are violent anti-Semites.

You are committing the fallacy of monolithic thinking.

I think what you're trying to get at is that something in liberal ideology lends credence towards violent attitudes and actions, but I really think that's total bullshit. There's nothing in either liberal or conservative ideologies that leads one to violence. That's just human nature.

That link probably should have included Pol Pot, who was one of the worst. His stated goal was equality.

That link probably should have included Pol Pot, who was one of the worst. His stated goal was equality.

That word, "stated," destroys any connection you could have thought there was (or were trying to manufacture) to this discussion, Box.

I learn something new every day. I never knew that Planned Parenthood kills flies.

True. Both parties have their extremists.

But what I noticed about American Politics is that even moderate, common sense Liberals and Conservatives are unable to engage in a dialogue, and neither are willing to see Trump and Obama other than through black&white filters. Just look at the Political Board and the GB: most threads are in the line of "Trump is all bad" versus "Trump is the Messiah".
Plus you guys are much more willing to tolerate the haters from your own team.

I keep asking myself why that is, given the following paradox:
While other people from Commonwealth countries or my own country are far more tolerant of different political views, they are far less tolerant and more close-minded than Americans in other areas.

This is such selective bullshit. For every example of “liberal” violence I can come up with an example of ”conservative” violence. You would then argue that the example I give is not indicative of “conservatism” at all.

So far, I came up with two theories, not sure how accurate they are:

1. Americans are legitimately upset and angry because they've seen their country -once the world leader in intellect, innovation and quality of living- go downhill over the last few decades.
But instead of focusing their attention on which parts of the system have become so dysfunctional that only corrupt or incompetent politicians get to the top,
Mass media have cunningly directed laypeople's anger onto each other.

2. The bi-partisan American political system:
- while great in the beginning, as intended by the Founding Fathers: it prevented the concentration of Power into one hand like British Monarchy
- it is now fostering splitting among laypeople, instead of them focusing on constructive common goals.

P.S. -- sorry if I came across as condescending, not my intent.
I just find it difficult to wrap my head around the anger and animosities that one often finds in American Political forums. Given that, in most areas other than Politics, I generally find Americans to be far more tolerant than other nationalities.

1. Americans are legitimately upset and angry because they've seen their country -once the world leader in intellect, innovation and quality of living- go downhill over the last few decades.

What you are apparently oblivious to is that these have taken a mind-boggling nose dive in the last seventeen months. When you wake up to that reality and admit it, there might be some reason to have a discussion. Until then you are just blowing-smoke delusional.

What you are apparently oblivious to is that these have taken a mind-boggling nose dive in the last seventeen months. When you wake up to that reality and admit it, there might be some reason to have a discussion. Until then you are just blowing-smoke delusional.

See? That's what I was talking about: the black&white thinking when it comes to Politics: "Either you're a 100% Trump lover or a 100% Trump hater, or you're a moron or a traitor."

I get that from both teams, whenever I tell them that I hate Trump's croney measures (tax cuts for the ultra-rich and so on) but I like that he's no longer engaging in proxy wars and drone strikes, like Obama did.

Any moderate political poster would try to explain to me where they think I'm going wrong, instead of engaging in this typical battle of wills.

Few on both sides do.

Trump made his shysterism and venality obvious years before he ran for president. This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing. He's not a Republican. This isn't really a political divide issue. This is a decent human/sleazebag issue. Until/unless Trumpers admit what he is and was even before the election, completely aside from politics, there's no discussion to be had. I reject that this is even a political issue other than the hypocrites and extreme partisans who are showing a willingness to destroy everything that the United States has stood for for short, venal, inhumane personal gain.

Obama/Hillary/Obama/Hillary be damned. This is the monster we have in front of us now.

According to Oscar Wilde it's because the wallpapers are so ugly.

Is one side of the political aisle really more violent than the other, though? Or do you just mean in terms of the rhetoric used?

Because they're brats that don't get their way

Also because their Nazis and hate any one who will not think act and speak exactly like them, not only hate them, but try and shut them down. Then they call other people Nazis.

That is damn hilarious, most mass shootings and domestic terrorism IN AMERICA ,is committed by beige rightist MALES and that is a fact.

Should I pull out STATS?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/aug/16/look-data-domestic-terrorism-and-whos-behind-it/

Why are YOU all so violent? How many threats did the far right extremist make against President O? Keep in mind O never got on Twitter threatening people, NEVER DISPARAGED ANYONE.

Remember when your Orange Foolius called for PEACEFUL protesters to be beaten?

How many threats did Congresswoman Waters receive against her life? An 80 year old black WOMAN.

You must be in some Lala land or think we are Bobo the Clown with that bullshit.

GTFOH with that bullshit! But you all learn from your leader, repeat a lie long enough and bozos will believe it.

No, only Trump Supporters.

Vote for a Nazi, You're a Nazi. Or should I say Your

Also because their Nazis and hate any one who will not think act and speak exactly like them, not only hate them, but try and shut them down. Then they call other people Nazis.

This sounds more like rightists than leftists.

Face it, rightists are very violent and act like Nazis when they don't get their way.

More hate crimes are committed by rightists as with domestic terrorism and mass shootings.

Yeah leftists may be catty out of frustration, but rightists are the violent ones.

Leftists prefer to advance humanity, rightists wish to retard the advancement of humanity, unless you fit in their clique.

Rightists have more nightmares and are more paranoid, so they tend to be more violent.

Republicans (who tend to be rightists) have more nightmares than Democrats and tend to be more paranoid which drives them to violence. They also tend to be more tribalist, no wonder they tend to express hatred to those outside of their "group", who are different from them driving them to violence.

They are NATURALLY close-minded as well.

https://newswise.com/articles/republicans-have-more-nightmares-than-democrats

"SANTA CRUZ, CA--The voting booth is not the only place differences emerge between Republicans and Democrats, according to a researcher who has found that Republicans are nearly three times as likely as Democrats to experience nightmares when they dream.

Not only is the frequency of nightmares much higher among Republicans, but the content is different, too: The nightmares of Republicans tend to be characterized by more aggression, misfortune, and physical threats to family and friends, while Democrats' nightmares are moderated by familiar settings, familiar characters, and more elements of hope, power, and positive action, said Kelly Bulkeley, a dream researcher who will present his findings during the 18th Annual International Conference of the Association for the Study of Dreams, which takes place July 10-15 at the University of California, Santa Cruz."

"Half of the dreams of Republicans in my study were classified as nightmares, compared to only about 18 percent of the dreams of Democrats," said Bulkeley. "My speculation is that people on the right are very attuned to the dangers in the world, and they're seeking ways to defend themselves against those threats. They're drawn to a political ideology that favors things like a strong military and traditional moral values. People on the left tend to be more utopian and open to the possibility of going beyond the way things are now to how things could be made better."

More sources:

https://consumer.healthday.com/sleep-disorder-information-33/misc-sleep-problems-news-626/conservatives-have-scarier-dreams-400579.html

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unique-everybody-else/201209/the-politics-dreaming

but but . . . Sarah Sanders got kicked out of a restaurant!

Nevermind that Trump called for his supporters to "exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights" against Hillary Clinton.

That is damn hilarious, most mass shootings and domestic terrorism IN AMERICA ,is committed by beige rightist MALES and that is a fact.

Should I pull out STATS?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/aug/16/look-data-domestic-terrorism-and-whos-behind-it/

Why are YOU all so violent? How many threats did the far right extremist make against President O? Keep in mind O never got on Twitter threatening people, NEVER DISPARAGED ANYONE.

Remember when your Orange Foolius called for PEACEFUL protesters to be beaten?

How many threats did Congresswoman Waters receive against her life? An 80 year old black WOMAN.

You must be in some Lala land or think we are Bobo the Clown with that bullshit.

GTFOH with that bullshit! But you all learn from your leader, repeat a lie long enough and bozos will believe it.

but but . . . Sarah Sanders got kicked out of a restaurant!

Nevermind that Trump called for his supporters to "exercise their 2nd Amendment Rights" against Hillary Clinton.

But they jumped with glee when the GAY COUPLE were denied service due to their sexual orientation.

One doesn't choose to be gay, but one has a choice in being an asshole.

Oh and let us not forget the LYNCHING threats against President O and comparing him and his lovely and classy wife to apes. Keep in mind, O never called for violence against peaceful protesters and Michelle NEVER went on television demanding the citizenship of a sitting US president.

They really need to stop their PROJECTION.

Dump is thin-skinned, and is far from macho, he only attends functions where people kiss his ass, while O had no QUALMS about speaking in front of a hostile group of Repugs.

I wanted to add, if the left has become angry, it's because they are tired of the bullshit heaped on to them for decades by the right.

Last edited:
That's very true.

It's not a R/D thing.

In addition to everything you said it's an authoritarian/democracy thing as well.

Trump made his shysterism and venality obvious years before he ran for president. This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing. He's not a Republican. This isn't really a political divide issue. This is a decent human/sleazebag issue. Until/unless Trumpers admit what he is and was even before the election, completely aside from politics, there's no discussion to be had. I reject that this is even a political issue other than the hypocrites and extreme partisans who are showing a willingness to destroy everything that the United States has stood for for short, venal, inhumane personal gain.

Obama/Hillary/Obama/Hillary be damned. This is the monster we have in front of us now.

It's just another example of the right blaming the left for something the right does far worse. Trump excels at this.

And if you say that liberals are the ones raising their fists, I'll point out conservatives who are raising their guns.

Liberals, Conservatives...y’all can be as bad as each other, and your partisan BS and continued divisiveness highlights some of the worst in America. You’re not a proud nation, but instead a sad, divided nation, more interested in pointing fingers and slinging mud than you are with fixing your problems.

Uber driver repeated Trump's 'Make America Great Again' slogan before 'shooting dead six people in Kalamazoo'

Uber driver Jason Dalton told one of his victims he wanted to 'make America great again' - Donald Trump's famous campaign slogan - moments before he shot her dead, police reports say.

Dalton is charged with going on a shooting spree in Michigan last month, killing six and injuring two including a 14-year-old girl left in a coma after he shot her in the head.

SOURCE - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...logan-shooting-dead-six-people-Kalamazoo.html

Trump says fans are ‘very passionate’ after hearing one of them allegedly assaulted Hispanic man

A white man in Boston who allegedly assaulted a homeless Hispanic man cited Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump when police asked about the incident — and the candidate has responded to the report in a way some deem insensitive.

As the Boston Globe reported on Wednesday, brothers Scott and Steve Leader, two men with long criminal records from South Boston, were returning home from a Red Sox game when they a found a 58-year-old man — not named in reports — sleeping outside a subway station. In what*Suffolk Assistant District Attorney Andrew Kettlewell *called a “vicious and unprovoked” attack, police said the Leaders*brutally attacked the man, breaking his nose and urinating on him.

SOURCE - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nic-man/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.177e2c645b17

Black Man Stabbed In Olympia In What Police Say May Be Racially Motivated Hate Crime

(OLYMPIA, WA.) -- Police say a black man was stabbed Tuesday night in Olympia, and his girlfriend was knocked by the attacker's knife in what may have been a racially motivated hate crime committed by a white supremacist

A white male, Daniel B. Rowe, 32, was arrested near the intersection of Fourth Avenue and Adams Street and booked into the Thurston County jail on suspicion of second-degree assault with a deadly weapon.

In Thurston County Superior Court Wednesday a judge found found probable cause for three charges against Mr. Rowe: two counts of second-degree assault with a deadly weapon and one count of malicious harassment, according to a report in The Olympian newspaper.

Rowe, who has a criminal record, allegedly told police he was part of a white supremacist group and that he had come downtown in reaction to "anti-police graffiti put up Sunday night," and that he had taken a “blood oath” to fight on the street

He also reportedly told police that if he were let go, he would head to a Donald Trump rally and "stomp out more of the Black Lives Matter group," according to the newspaper report.

SOURCE - http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/B...-May-Be-Racially-Motivated-Hate-Crime-2584308

Artist Says She Was Punched Over Nude Drawing of Donald Trump

A 24-year-old Southern California artist who painted a portrait of Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump in the nude said she was punched in the face by an attacker who yelled "Trump 2016."
The Los Angeles Police Department was investigating the assault Tuesday, but Illma Gore said the attack wasn't the first she has dealt with since painting Trump in a portrait depicting the GOP front-runner with small genitals.
"I have received threats of violence and people say they were coming to kill me," Gore said.

SOURCE - https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...geles-378062381.html?_osource=nbcnews_twitter

:cool:
What you are apparently oblivious to is that these have taken a mind-boggling nose dive in the last seventeen months.

More like the last 17 years.

When you wake up to that reality and admit it, there might be some reason to have a discussion. Until then you are just blowing-smoke delusional partisanship.

And he is a DIRECT result of your worshiping of corporate dick sucking Democraps who's very best hope and change is rejected (R)epublican scams not even the (R)'s wanted.

No, it's not you bigot.

S066650001-300.jpg
nidal-hasan-court-600x400.jpg

This sounds more like rightists than leftists.

Face it, rightists are very violent and act like Nazis when they don't get their way.

More hate crimes are committed by rightists as with domestic terrorism and mass shootings.

Yeah leftists may be catty out of frustration, but rightists are the violent ones.

Leftists prefer to advance humanity, rightists wish to retard the advancement of humanity, unless you fit in their clique.

Rightists have more nightmares and are more paranoid, so they tend to be more violent.

Looks like the highs school drop out doesn't know or understand the difference between right and left.....not at all shocking.

In addition to everything you said it's an authoritarian/democracy thing as well.

Your team being the authoritarian cry babies currently. :D

The hypocritical thing about the Republicans and Trump is that they all called him for what he was before the election and did everything they could to keep him from winning their nomination and now they are either silent before him or complicit with him. Trump hasn't changed. He's shown no effort whatsoever to hide what he is.

The hypocritical thing about Lovecraft68 is that he posts to the board on the violence of others and yet has admitted he was jailed for being violent. I haven't been jailed for being violent. Any other liberals here been jailed for being violent?

Back