Writers block.

There's no excuse. Get started!!!!!

Here you go, Idea #1

2014-02-17-shower.png

When I stumble across a bit of writer's block, it's often because my muse is rejecting what I've written. I've taken a wrong turn somewhere. So I'll go back to the last turn and head off in a new direction to see if that fixes the problem. Good writing is often discovered through effective re-writing.

This is it for me too. When I am upset with my muse I either can't write, or I write angry or sad stuff. When everything is good with my muse then what I write just flows and flows.

My muse can be hard to work with sometimes.

This is it for me too. When I am upset with my muse I either can't write, or I write angry or sad stuff. When everything is good with my muse then what I write just flows and flows.

My muse can be hard to work with sometimes.

I just go work on another story for a change. When I come back I might rewrite or continue or just throw whatever didn't work out aside and start over. The story I'm working on now is just evolving on me and changing as I write. Was stuck on it for a while but I put it aside and now that I'm back on it after a break it's going much better

When I'm stuck it's usually because the part of the story I happen to be writing is not inspiring me. My mind is looking ahead to another part of the story, or is focused on another story altogether. Sometimes when it happens I ask whether, if the section is boring me, I really need it. Sometimes the answer is no, and I just eliminate or abbreviate the scene so I can move on to scenes I like.

Over the years I've said many times I have no writers block problem. Almost anything stirs my imagination. I get epiphanies like most people get farts.

Back