Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I miss you, brother. JesusFuckingChrist, do I miss you.

I could use one of your talks about now. You know, one of those that would leave me laughing and crying and have us holding hands or hugging. You always made me feel good about me, and I need that. I really, really need that.

Remember that time you came to pick me up from the airport, and we talked and laughed the entire three-hour drive home? Or that time, as adults, we ditched our significant others and rode our mountain bikes down that insane hill, and you tumbled ass-over-tea-kettle into that patch of cactus?! Or that time you wanted to beat the ever-living-shit out of the guy who had the audacity to hurt me? *smile* I miss that. I miss you. Your protectiveness, your love, your laughter. You.

I can't put this anywhere else because really, who would understand besides you and me? No one. No one would understand. We've got a milestone birthday coming up, you and I. Hard to believe, eh? I made it; you did not. You jerk. You should have been here for this. You should have been here to see my son, though, oddly, I think he knows you. There is so much more to "heaven" and earth than I will ever understand; I trust my boy, though, when he answers me without hesitation when I ask, "Son, do you know Uncle ***?"

"Yes, mama."

You probably held him in your arms before I got to hold him in mine. That's an incredible thought. It comforts me, so I'll believe it until it doesn't.

I can still hear you in my mind, and see you as you reach down with those big hands and grab mine, encouraging me on whatever adventure we'd dreamed up next: "You can do it. I know you can."

Well, some days I'm not sure I can; but I do it anyway. I miss you egging me on and encouraging me, though. You always pushed me farther than I thought I could go. You had more faith in me than I had in myself.

I miss you.

And, I miss you.

I'll never know anyone like you ever again. Never.

I love you.

:rose: McKenna.

I still have my brother, although he lives on a whole different continent. I miss him being around, it's not the same to email.

I would lose half of myself if I lost him, I understand.

I miss you, brother. JesusFuckingChrist, do I miss you.

I could use one of your talks about now. You know, one of those that would leave me laughing and crying and have us holding hands or hugging. You always made me feel good about me, and I need that. I really, really need that.

Remember that time you came to pick me up from the airport, and we talked and laughed the entire three-hour drive home? Or that time, as adults, we ditched our significant others and rode our mountain bikes down that insane hill, and you tumbled ass-over-tea-kettle into that patch of cactus?! Or that time you wanted to beat the ever-living-shit out of the guy who had the audacity to hurt me? *smile* I miss that. I miss you. Your protectiveness, your love, your laughter. You.

I can't put this anywhere else because really, who would understand besides you and me? No one. No one would understand. We've got a milestone birthday coming up, you and I. Hard to believe, eh? I made it; you did not. You jerk. You should have been here for this. You should have been here to see my son, though, oddly, I think he knows you. There is so much more to "heaven" and earth than I will ever understand; I trust my boy, though, when he answers me without hesitation when I ask, "Son, do you know Uncle ***?"

"Yes, mama."

You probably held him in your arms before I got to hold him in mine. That's an incredible thought. It comforts me, so I'll believe it until it doesn't.

I can still hear you in my mind, and see you as you reach down with those big hands and grab mine, encouraging me on whatever adventure we'd dreamed up next: "You can do it. I know you can."

Well, some days I'm not sure I can; but I do it anyway. I miss you egging me on and encouraging me, though. You always pushed me farther than I thought I could go. You had more faith in me than I had in myself.

I miss you.

And, I miss you.

I'll never know anyone like you ever again. Never.

I love you.

Wow, I totally understand what you are saying here, you've put it so much better than I ever could. I miss my brother too, and it's been 17 years. He's been gone for my life for more years than we were together, but I miss him as deeply now as I did then.

*HUGS*

Wow, I totally understand what you are saying here, you've put it so much better than I ever could. I miss my brother too, and it's been 17 years. He's been gone for my life for more years than we were together, but I miss him as deeply now as I did then.

*HUGS*

I am slightly embarrassed, and definitely overwhelmed.

I :heart: you people. You remind me why I keep coming back to this place. :kiss:

*HUGS*

:rose: and <hug>
I would miss my brother so much if he were gone. I am so sorry.

What, Dampy? Don't leave us all in suspense. Come to Naked and have a coffee. Tell all! I'm procrastinating on my marking again, I need to know.
:heart:
Meh, nothing important. Just...life. Suckful, but life all the same.

And if I drink coffee now, I won't be able to nap before my morning class. I don't think the students would appreciate a half-asleep, incoherent person trying to talk to them about interviewing techniques. :cool:

And if I drink coffee now, I won't be able to nap before my morning class. I don't think the students would appreciate a half-asleep, incoherent person trying to talk to them about interviewing techniques. :cool:

Oh, I don't know. . . .
For instance, several of my Instructors have been incoherent, half-asleep or both, on occasion.

Oh, I don't know. . . .
For instance, several of my Instructors have been incoherent, half-asleep or both, on occasion.

Not mine. DeVry seems to employee overly-caffeinated and enthusiastic instructors. It's kind of hard to get around them sometimes, because you just know they're going to be looking at everything you submit in class with a clinical eye.

LOL, sorry life is sucking Dampy. Have a good one today, with coffee at appropriate moments and sucking ... in nicer ways ;)

Oh, I don't know. . . .
Not mine. DeVry seems to employee overly-caffeinated and enthusiastic instructors. It's kind of hard to get around them sometimes, because you just know they're going to be looking at everything you submit in class with a clinical eye.
That's me. I know half of them would like to slap me silly for all the fun I have with the material. They probably want me to leave them alone. I mean, that's what slouching in the chair and avoiding eye contact means, right? :D

LOL, sorry life is sucking Dampy. Have a good one today, with coffee at appropriate moments and sucking ... in nicer ways ;)
Thankee.

And now, bedtime. :)

It has occurred to me that we have gotten to the point where, if you mention "phone" in a story, the assumption is made that it is a cellular phone. If I need to describe an old desk-mounted phone, I need to be more specific.

It has occurred to me that we have gotten to the point where, if you mention "phone" in a story, the assumption is made that it is a cellular phone. If I need to describe an old desk-mounted phone, I need to be more specific.

I guess it's time I stopped calling it a color TV too, huh?

Well, first ever Jesuit to become a Pope. I suppose it's nearly as good as first woman.

We in Britain knew it would be the Argentinian. We have seen the Hand of God at work before. ;)

Well, first ever Jesuit to become a Pope. I suppose it's nearly as good as first woman.

We in Britain knew it would be the Argentinian. We have seen the Hand of God at work before. ;)

I think I'd like to be the next pope. I could put that pope hat in my lap and people won't know what I'm thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back