Sarah Falin

You're bitter, and theyr'e getting rich. How does that taste?

By Dawn Wotapka

Getty Images
Bristol PalinOne of Alaska’s most famous residents appears to be trading snowstorms for sunshine: Bristol Palin purchased a foreclosed home in a Phoenix exurb, the Arizona Republic reports.

Palin - well-known as a single mother, “Dancing With The Stars” contestant and, of course, daughter to politician Sarah - paid $172,000 in cash for a five-bedroom stucco home in Maricopa, an area dramatically overbuilt during the housing boom. TMZ, a celebrity gossip site, has pictures.

Palin could not be reached.
Arizona's immigration law needs an amendment now to keep her out.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...-cost-gop-sd-ne-for-first-time-since-1964.php

The last time a Democratic presidential candidate carried either South Dakota or Nebraska in a general election was the same year that the Beatles released their debut U.S. album. Yet if the Republican Party nominates Sarah Palin for president, two PPP polls indicate that President Obama would have a strong chance of bringing both states into the Democratic column for the first time in a half century.

In Nebraska, PPP found Palin leading Obama by just one point, 45% to 44%. Compare that to last cycle, when John McCain won the state by 15 points -- though, since Nebraska awards some electors to the winner of each congressional district, Obama did take one electoral vote for winning Omaha's district. In 2004, George Bush trounced John Kerry by 33 points there.

In South Dakota, the bad omen for a Palin presidential bid is even starker. There, PPP found her outright trailing Obama by eight points, 48% to 40%.

Palin by far fared the worst of the GOP frontrunners in both polls -- a growing trend in just about every survey of the 2012 race.

In the South Dakota poll, Obama did manage to edge out Newt Gingrich as well as Palin, but only by two points, 44% to 42%. He still trailed Mitt Romney (46% to 40%) and Mike Huckabee (47% to 51%.) In Nebraska, Romney and Huckabee held comfortable leads over Obama of 13 and 12 points respectively, while Gingrich led the President by eight points.

No Democrat has won either state since incumbent President Lyndon Johnson destroyed ultra-conservative Barry Goldwater in the 1964 election by a roughly 60% to 40% margin. That year, Goldwater carried only his native Arizona and five deep South states.

What those numbers indicate is that [Palin] would only really be safe in states that Republicans won by at least 20 points in 2008. And there weren't very many of those. It's becoming clearer and clearer that a Palin nomination would be Goldwater redux for the GOP.

Indeed, in recent head to head matchups with Palin, Obama is polling close to Johnson's 20 point victory margin. A January PPP poll showed Obama with a 55% to 38% lead on Palin, while a Marist poll also conducted this month had Obama on top by 26 points, 56% to 30%.

The current TPM Poll Average shows Obama leading Palin 52.5% to 37.4%, with that gap widening. That bulging split correlates to another growing problem for Palin: her favorability rating. More and more Americans are beginning to view the former Alaska governor unfavorably -- 57% in a January CBS/ New York Times poll, 58% in a PPP survey --to the point that the TPM Poll Average shows that a majority of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of her.

If Republicans do nominate Palin -- and given her strong conservative support and the fact that she's performed well in early surveys of the GOP primary, that may very well come to pass -- it seems likely that they'd be in for a shellacking of their own.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...-cost-gop-sd-ne-for-first-time-since-1964.php

The last time a Democratic presidential candidate carried either South Dakota or Nebraska in a general election was the same year that the Beatles released their debut U.S. album. Yet if the Republican Party nominates Sarah Palin for president, two PPP polls indicate that President Obama would have a strong chance of bringing both states into the Democratic column for the first time in a half century.

In Nebraska, PPP found Palin leading Obama by just one point, 45% to 44%. Compare that to last cycle, when John McCain won the state by 15 points -- though, since Nebraska awards some electors to the winner of each congressional district, Obama did take one electoral vote for winning Omaha's district. In 2004, George Bush trounced John Kerry by 33 points there.

In South Dakota, the bad omen for a Palin presidential bid is even starker. There, PPP found her outright trailing Obama by eight points, 48% to 40%.

Palin by far fared the worst of the GOP frontrunners in both polls -- a growing trend in just about every survey of the 2012 race.

In the South Dakota poll, Obama did manage to edge out Newt Gingrich as well as Palin, but only by two points, 44% to 42%. He still trailed Mitt Romney (46% to 40%) and Mike Huckabee (47% to 51%.) In Nebraska, Romney and Huckabee held comfortable leads over Obama of 13 and 12 points respectively, while Gingrich led the President by eight points.

No Democrat has won either state since incumbent President Lyndon Johnson destroyed ultra-conservative Barry Goldwater in the 1964 election by a roughly 60% to 40% margin. That year, Goldwater carried only his native Arizona and five deep South states.

What those numbers indicate is that [Palin] would only really be safe in states that Republicans won by at least 20 points in 2008. And there weren't very many of those. It's becoming clearer and clearer that a Palin nomination would be Goldwater redux for the GOP.

Indeed, in recent head to head matchups with Palin, Obama is polling close to Johnson's 20 point victory margin. A January PPP poll showed Obama with a 55% to 38% lead on Palin, while a Marist poll also conducted this month had Obama on top by 26 points, 56% to 30%.

The current TPM Poll Average shows Obama leading Palin 52.5% to 37.4%, with that gap widening. That bulging split correlates to another growing problem for Palin: her favorability rating. More and more Americans are beginning to view the former Alaska governor unfavorably -- 57% in a January CBS/ New York Times poll, 58% in a PPP survey --to the point that the TPM Poll Average shows that a majority of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of her.

If Republicans do nominate Palin -- and given her strong conservative support and the fact that she's performed well in early surveys of the GOP primary, that may very well come to pass -- it seems likely that they'd be in for a shellacking of their own.

I remember when Fred Thompson was cool. :(

I remember when Fred Thompson was cool. :(

Yeah, I was very disappointed in his very anemic performance in the race for the nomination in the 2008 race.

Sarah Palin will not, I repeat, not get the nomination for 2012. My guess is the old bag Republicans will nominate Mitt Romney. Pres. Obama will beat him handily, although not as handily as he did McCain.

I do believe Sarah will campaign heavily for Republicans and especially for Tea Party candidates.

As I said Pres. Obama will kick any Republican nominees ass but. they, the Democrats, will loose additional seats in the House and will loose the Senate.

President Obama will have a very difficult second 4 years.

The Republican Congress will not be too happy ether because many of the new Congress will be sympathizers with or members of the Tea Party.

What I find interesting is the vitriol directed at a woman who seemly has ZERO political power other then what the media, who hate her, give her through their almost daily slams, smears, and denigrations.

Oh, I forgot she mispronounces some words like genuine. Does any one remember a much loved U.S. President who could nor properly pronounce a 2 syllable word even though he had a Harvard education.

Imagine what they must think about this entire thread. :rolleyes:

In this world of 24 hour news cycles, 2012 is eons away. Anything can happen. I mean who would have guessed an Obama would win in 2004 or even 06?

In this world of 24 hour news cycles, 2012 is eons away. Anything can happen. I mean who would have guessed an Obama would win in 2004 or even 06?
Let me put it this way. Your past is a lot easier to overcome if you don't have one.

Call me crazy but I think that the point of talking/posting is to communicate. She "made up" a word. People in the room with her and everybody who wasn't playing grammar police knew EXACTLY what she meant.

she is or has someone who is a brilliant marketer. I'm jealous. forget "drill baby drill" its "deposit the check baby, deposit the check"

Do they still chant "drill baby drill" after that oil spill thing ?

I hope so! Nothing could be more presidential than my mental image of Sarah Palin writhing around naked in a smearing of greasey crude oil.

And by 'presidential' I mean 'hot'.

And by 'writhing around' I mean 'wrestling with her daughter'.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...on_westboro_baptist_church_lacks_common_.html

Sarah Palin rips Supreme Court decision on Westboro Baptist Church: lacks 'common sense'

BY ALIYAH SHAHID
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, March 3rd 2011, 10:10 AM

Sarah Palin slammed the Supreme Court's ruling that members of the controversial Westboro Baptist Church can protest homosexuality by continuing to picket military funerals.

"Common sense & decency absent as wacko 'church' allowed hate msgs spewed@ soldiers' funerals but we can't invoke God's name in public square," the former Alaska governor tweeted.

On Wednesday, the court voted 8 to 1 in favor of the Topeka, Kan., church, which has demonstrated at thousands of funerals and events across the country. The majority on the court ruled that the protests, while insensitive, are protected under the Constitution.

Palin, who is reportedly considering a run for President, tweeted her remarks just hours after the ruling. She was quickly criticized for flip-flopping on the issue.

Last year, the former vice presidential nominee invoked the First Amendment while defending radio personality Dr. Laura, who used the N-word 11 times in five minutes live on the air.

"Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")," Palin tweeted in August, adding, "Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her voice, America!"

She also fiercely defended the First Amendment when comedian David Letterman made fun of Palin and her daughter on "The Late Show" last June.

"Letterman certainly has the right to 'joke' about whatever he wants to, and thankfully we have the right to express our reaction," Palin said. "This is all thanks to our U.S. military women and men putting their lives on the line for us to secure America's right to free speech"

Sarah might be failing but she has more celebrity and money than you can ever hope to have. She will also spell the demise of any of the ridiculous ideas you hope to move forward or keep. That's why you libtards despise her so much. You know she is the death knell to your way of life.

But be glad she's around. Otherwise people like me will just end up putting you on a slow boat to China by the barrel of a gun.

Ooh, I forgot.... eminent and imminent.

Of course you Libs overlook that........ unless G Bush says "nuke-ler" instead of "nuke-lee-air"............:D

Who was Paul Revere, anyway?

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/was...they-werent-gonna-be-takin-away-our-arms.html

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren’t gonna be takin’ away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free."

Fuck. I like Sarah, but if you're going to butcher history like that you should at least be completely shitfaced as an excuse.:rolleyes:

But be glad she's around. Otherwise people like me will just end up putting you on a slow boat to China by the barrel of a gun.

If the world were ever like your marijuana & whiskey-induced dystopian fantasia above implies, people like you stepping into my zone would be dead before you got even one hairy leg out your rust-encrusted truck and your belly fat would be cut, drained and synthesized into oil for night lanterns.

heh heh heh

If the world were ever like your marijuana & whiskey-induced dystopian fantasia above implies, people like you stepping into my zone would be dead before you got even one hairy leg out your rust-encrusted truck and your belly fat would be cut, drained and synthesized into oil for night lanterns.

heh heh heh

Yeah, keep thinking that. You'd be taken out from a mile away pal. Where did you get pot & whiskey from?

See already you have no clue. Go read your dirty fat girl comics bro.

Yeah, keep thinking that. You'd be taken out from a mile away pal. Where did you get pot & whiskey from?

See already you have no clue. Go read your dirty fat girl comics bro.

You'd be the one stepping to me in your scenario, buddy. So better hope them tires are reinforced, cuz I know you ain't driving Kitt from Knight Rider.

I got plenty of clues solved and one of them is knowing that dirty fat girls are mad fun for boys to enjoy. Now puff puff pass what you're currently smoking and hand me a Pabst from your cooler. Your daydreams are highly entertaining. :D

You'd be the one stepping to me in your scenario, buddy. So better hope them tires are reinforced, cuz I know you ain't driving Kitt from Knight Rider.

I got plenty of clues solved and one of them is knowing that dirty fat girls are mad fun for boys to enjoy. Now puff puff pass what you're currently smoking and hand me a Pabst from your cooler. Your daydreams are highly entertaining. :D

Nah we're gonna shoot ya dood. Then we're gonna steal all your comix and mota and sell 'em to other than less than desirables. Then we'll shoot them and just keep repeating the process. It's just survival of the fittest bro. If ya ain't fit ya got to go nothing personal.

But since ya got a weird thing for big breasted asian girls we may keep some of the issues, the good ones. Just so your memory lives on we ain't completely heartless.

Back