Curious if this was possible

Johnboy9

Experienced
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Posts
38
I read a lot of stories here using the "search" button. As such I come across a number of stories by certain authors whose writing styles I really don't care for. Is there a way to edit my profile so that I can prevent certain authors from showing up in my story searches to keep my searches more smoothly flowing? If so can you tell me how to set it up? Thanks.
 
Doesn't look like there is. You can search for specific author but there doesn't seem to be a way to negate that author in a search. Sorry.

Maybe someone else knows what the codes should be in the author search by text on the advanced search for stories.
 
It's possible to do that, not sure anyone has bothered to make an add on for a browser that does however. The closest I can remember was this one that blocks someone you ignore from appearing on your searches and such period. I believe this was on firefox.

Besides that though, do your search and simply look at the author name, it's always under the name of the story and the little blurb on the story. If you don't like that author you simply don't click on a story done by them. Considering there's probably a few thousand stories having to do with what you searched for there won't be many.
 
I read a lot of stories here using the "search" button. As such I come across a number of stories by certain authors whose writing styles I really don't care for. Is there a way to edit my profile so that I can prevent certain authors from showing up in my story searches to keep my searches more smoothly flowing? If so can you tell me how to set it up? Thanks.

What's wrong with just ignoring the authors you don't like who come up in your searches? As one who has published stories here, I've gotten comments from people who love my stuff and comments from people who hate it. It's the way it is. You can please some of the people some of the time....yadda yadda. I try to take constructive comments seriously and ignore the wise asses who just like to complain. I would think you could just ignore the authors and/or types of stories you don't like.
 
Back
Top