RP Question: SRP vs ORP

Silverhome

Virgin
Probably the wrong forum for this question, but no other forum seemed to fit, so here I am.

I've had a story idea kicking around for awhile, that I've realized may work better as an RP, rather than conventional prose. (The idea never developed the sort of specifics that would require a specific, rail-roaded course, or other things that would make such a format impractical.)

The catch is this: the story would be primarily sex-centered, so my gut wants me to put it in SRP, but it would also focus on more than two players, plus it would have a GM-ish figure, a somewhat Sci-Fi setting, and at least some degree of crossplay (That is, someone playing a character of the opposite sex/gender) which, as far as I can tell, seem to be rare to non-existent in SRP.

So here's the question. Do you think it would be worth attempting there anyway, or do you think that one or more of these traits would be too great a turn-off in that forum? If not, would it be worth attempting in ORP?

Probably the wrong forum for this question, but no other forum seemed to fit, so here I am.

I've had a story idea kicking around for awhile, that I've realized may work better as an RP, rather than conventional prose. (The idea never developed the sort of specifics that would require a specific, rail-roaded course, or other things that would make such a format impractical.)

The catch is this: the story would be primarily sex-centered, so my gut wants me to put it in SRP, but it would also focus on more than two players, plus it would have a GM-ish figure, a somewhat Sci-Fi setting, and at least some degree of crossplay (That is, someone playing a character of the opposite sex/gender) which, as far as I can tell, seem to be rare to non-existent in SRP.

So here's the question. Do you think it would be worth attempting there anyway, or do you think that one or more of these traits would be too great a turn-off in that forum? If not, would it be worth attempting in ORP?

Right forum; wrong question.

There's a thread in the SRP board that lists people's ideas who are looking for someone to write with. There is also another thread that simply lists people's interests in the type of SRP they'd write. It's detailed. Try that forum. :)

Back