Flashfic thread: Rotating themes

How many posts to change the topic?


  • Total voters
    54
Wow! Gone for a bit and a new game gets started. Might as well finish this round anyway... :D

6 of 10
Night

"Pssst. Janie. Wake up. It's me."

"What...who...Jared, is that you? It's three in the morning. If Dad catches you..."

"Janie, I love you. Let's get married."

"When? Now? Oh Jared I love you too. I don't know..."

"C'mon. Pack a bag. We can be over the state line in an hour."

"Yes my love, yes. This is so exciting. Give me a minute."

"Hurry. I love you."

--------

"Are they gone?"

"Yep. Crazy kids."

"Crazy in love you mean. That was so adorable."

"Yep. Saves the cost of a wedding too."

"Lee, you are so bad."

"Yep. G'night Molly."

(100 words even)
 
7 of 10
Night

The thumping bass notes made Susan's body quiver as she sipped her drink. 'I feel so out of place. 42 years old. Divorced. But I'm so lonely.'

Offers of drinks and dances were refused. No one intrigued her.

Discouraged, she rose to leave when a voice said "I have been watching you all evening." She turned to see blue eyes and a welcoming smile.

Then they were dancing, moving to the music, bodies close as their lips met. All at once it seemed so right.

Susan sighed as Beth nuzzled her neck. She would not go home alone this night.

(100 even)
 
Night (8/10)

Belsam sat against the wall of the drab apartment. His soles were planted and he looked over the tops of his knees at the long mirror that dominated the other side of the room.

He knew he was taking a chance, that he should have headed to bed, but he couldn't resist--it pulled at him. There are so many pleasures to be found only in the darkened hours of the day. They were almost beyond measure, but he'd experienced some variation of most of them through the years and made up his mind without reservation.

Nothing beat watching the sun come up.

(100 even)

:cool:
 
It’s long, cold and dark. Silence abounds, allowing them to creep in. They come from all directions to take over. Every corner is filled even though I’ve tried so hard to turn them away. There are so many lurking in the shadows, their hold on my fear letting them now become shapes on the walls. They come my way as bodies with a hold on my mind, erased of all thought. Somehow, they’ve become humans, invading my space, overpowering, taking hold of my life. They grab a spot and scream for attention. I’m resigned.

To another night full of thoughts.

100 words
 
10/10
Night

Hand in hand they walked onto the deck, night air cool on their bodies, the lapping waves soothing. How long had it been? Months that seemed like years since they were together. Lying on the blankets; lips met, hands caressed, bodies molded. Slowly, sweetly, they began the rhythms of lovemaking, the unity of their flesh and their souls. Tears of happiness glistened in her eyes as he entered her. His heart sang as she clasped him to her and in her. So hard, so wet, so wonderful, their cries of joyful release echoed over the water. They were complete again.

(100 even)

Next subject: Travel
 
Travel (1/10)

I let the car coast up alongside of Billy and matched his pace. He wiped his nose along one shirt cuff and tried to ignore my presence. I could see him cutting glances my way, however.

"Where ya headed?"

"Dunno"

"Not sure where that is. Ya wanna lift?"

"Nope"

"Why not?"

"Ain't 'posed to talk to strangers. Mama said so."

I stopped the car. Billy stopped out of habit, and turned to look at me when I climbed up to sit in my window.

"Who's a stranger? Ain't I datin' yer sister?"

Billy turned away again. "I gotta go."

"Me too, you comin'?"

He opened the car door. "I guess so."
--------
(100 even)
 
Travel
2 out of 10

She hadn’t heard the dreaded words yet, but she knew they were coming. They always did. It was just a matter of time. A quick glance in the rear view mirror told her that he was still sleeping. Thank you. Thank you. There was a slim chance she could get through the entire day on the road without hearing it. It had never happened before, at least not to her, not with him but surely it was possible. Not probable, or even likely, but within the vague realm of possibilities. It could happen once. Yeah, right!

“Are we there yet?”


(Exactly 100 words)
 
3 of 10
Travel

Aaron's palms were damp as the plane landed. He was finally meeting Ginger after months of chatting on the net. She looked so pretty on the cam, her green eyes and red hair captivating. They had agreed to meet at Baggage Claim. Her crimson tresses drew him like a beacon, then they were face to face.

"Ginger?" he said tenatively.

"Aaron?" she replied, smiling.

"Good to be here."

"I'm so glad you came."

She leaned forward and they kissed, a thrill passing through them. Holding hands they walked to the taxis, taking their first steps in a relationship lasting a lifetime.

(100 even)
 
4 out of 10
Travel

“Hatboxes,” she murmured and closed her book. Who traveled with hatboxes these days? Maybe the queen. All those ladies in waiting had to have something to do. Maybe they stood around guarding her hatboxes.

And steamer trunks, she thought, emblazoned with stickers from far off, exotic places, carried into spacious staterooms by uniformed porters. Could you even buy steamer trunks anymore? Everyone wanted suitcases in wheels and carry-ons to cram under seats. And those stickers from Borneo and Zanzibar have been replaced by tacky refrigerator magnets or t-shirts. I went to wherever and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.


(100)
 
Travel 5/10

If I could travel to anywhere in the world, where would I go?
I like to think I would go and see you.
To feel your arms around me would be sublime. To have my head on your chest as you spoke in that adorably deep sexy voice of yours, pure heaven.
Maybe an anonymous place would be best. Greece, Italy, France?
To travel away from all that we know, get to know each other more intimately, to be one with you.
To spend time with you is but a dream. A lovely dream, but a dream none the less.
(100)
 
Travel 6/10

Danny was excited as he watched the landscape flash past the train window. They were going to Grandma's! He hugged his teddybear and settled in his seat. Grandma was such a good cook. She made yummy pies and cookies. He looked at his mother asleep next to him, her head swaying as the car swung into a curve. The bruise on her cheek was turning purple. He wondered why they had to leave in the middle of the night while Daddy was asleep and be so quiet. No matter, they were going to Grandma's. It would be so much fun.

(100 even)
 
Thanks for posting one, sxcascinn. TE and I get tired of being the only ones...
 
glynndah said:
Thanks for posting one, sxcascinn. TE and I get tired of being the only ones...
:rose: no probs. Sometimes I just have to make myself sit there and think about it. Really wasn't sure i could do a travel one. Nice to prove ME wrong lol.
 
Travel 7/10

Jodi thumbed through the printouts.

PM #1: “I just read your post…” His introduction -- shy but excited.

PM #38: “I reach around and…” She closed her eyes, as the memorized words played out their fantasy.

Her heart raced as the bus slowed at the US border. Only two more hours until fantasy would become reality. Would he look as good in real life? What was his scent? Could he touch her the way his words had. She clenched her thighs together, her excitement growing as the bus pulled into customs.

The officer asked, “Business or Pleasure.”

She smiled, “Pleasure.”

~100 words
 
Last edited:
8 of 10

After months of sharing the hottest orgiastic cyberfantasies he’d seen, Jack was relieved to be getting off the plane, overjoyed to see Svetlana waiting for him in the Moscow airport. She’d had to wait for husband Pyotr’s business trip to invite him. “Come now,” the telegram said. Svetlana embraced him, and he felt her perky breasts, as he’d imagined.. “My car is here, I’ll take us to my place.” Entering her building, they deep kissed on the elevator until her floor. Reaching her apartment door, he was surprised when she knocked, and moreso when the door opened. “Jack,” she said, “meet Sergei.”
 
9 of 10 Travel

“Going on vacation?”

“I’m trying to get back home tonight so I can leave in two days on vacation.”

“Lucky you, two trips so close.”

My laugh was short, as I watched and worried over the weather.

“Someone waiting to pick you up?”

“No. My car is at the airport.”

I thought about all the snow piled on it by now and the drive home. It wasn’t a great image.

“I’m sure they’re all very worried.”

“No.”

He turned his head my way and seemed to pause.

“How could they not be worried?”

“Because no one knows I was gone.”


100 words
 
10/10 Flying

Merriman watched the countryside race by through the window of his train. Another trip to investigate another lead which would lead to another dead end. His boss’ obsession with this book he was looking for was becoming a problem.

At first it had been interesting and fun, traveling across the country and seeing new places. However, more and more often he was getting woken up in the middle of the night to pack immediately and be on the next flight or the next train ride.

Perhaps after this dead end, he would tell the old man he was done. Perhaps.

NEXT TOPIC: Politics
 
glynndah said:
Politics!?!:eek:
It's hard to care enough to write about politics, for sure! I would hate to see the thread hang up for weeks, so I'd like to propose an alternate;

Books
 
glynndah said:
Politics!?!:eek:
Like this?

He stood in front of the mike and a crowd that stretched out as far as the eye could see. People of all colours, a sea of humanity. All those people had come to hear him speak! From the corner of his eye, he could see his secretary motioning agitatedly to him from a distance, but he didn't pay any attention to it. After all, he couldn't make this crowd wait for him. It wouldn't be polite.

As soon as he opened his mouth to speak, he was pelted with shouted abuse.

Okay. So he should have listened to his secretary.

:p
 
2 of 10 Politics

“Mom, this is hard.”

“Read it Lee.”

“This is one: ‘The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.’ I don’t understand, mom.”

“Is there another definition?”

“Yea. ‘The methods or tactics involved in managing a state or government.’ There’s one more, mom.”

“Alright.”

“To deal with people in an opportunistic, manipulative, or devious way, as for job advancement.”

She looked at the folder she held marked ‘Private.’ Thought of the photos and report in it.

“To play polititcs.”



100 words
 
Back
Top