Arizona! The new thread

Sorry Zonies.

My photos of last night's Blood Moon are less than worthy to share; under-exposed and muddy. I think I need to study up on night-time exposures.

(At least I knew well enough not to try and use a flash :rolleyes:)

Sorry Zonies.

My photos of last night's Blood Moon are less than worthy to share; under-exposed and muddy. I think I need to study up on night-time exposures.

(At least I knew well enough not to try and use a flash :rolleyes:)

Mine too. I've decided to call them artistic :D

Any one close to Flagstaff ? Very interested in that Area, any info would be appreciated ! :)

Any one close to Flagstaff ? Very interested in that Area, any info would be appreciated ! :)

What sort of information are you looking for? I live halfway between Flagstaff and Phoenix. It's a little too cold for my taste.

Hey did you see that BOC is going to play down here soon, I think next week

I did indeed, next Saturday night! I already have tickets. Want to meet me there?

Hi Hum... :kiss:

Hi BunBun. Happy Easter! :rose:

What sort of information are you looking for? I live halfway between Flagstaff and Phoenix. It's a little too cold for my taste.

Is it Yuppie Ville there, what Cable is there and forest fire risks ? Seen to many fires in the last year :eek: Good place to live also ? Thanks Hum :)

Happy Easter to all !

Is it Yuppie Ville there, what Cable is there and forest fire risks ? Seen to many fires in the last year :eek: Good place to live also ? Thanks Hum :)

Happy Easter to all !

Well, I can't be sure about the answers to some of your questions. It's a college town, home of the Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks. Also a former major railroad hub and the junction of Interstate 40 and Interstate 17. The fire danger isn't any more severe than any other city or town located in a forested region. The forest, by the way is the largest contiguous stand of Ponderosa pine trees in the world. It is my understanding (from friends who live there) that rent and property costs are a bit higher than average for Arizona, but I cannot attest to that personally. I suppose it's a nice place to live, considering that it is in Arizona and it doesn't get hot like the deserts down South. There is also the Snow Bowl ski area located nearby. Flagstaff is home to the tallest mountains in Arizona with the highest, Humphrey's Peak topping out at just over 12,000 feet. Bring a jacket.

Flagstaff is also a suitable hub for outdoor recreation and site-seeing with lots of great places to visit in Northern Arizona located less than a day's drive away. For example: Grand Canyon, Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Canyon De Chelly, Walnut Canyon, Meteor Crater, Petrified Forest, Colorado River, Laughlin, and Las Vegas.

What part of the country do you hail from, and what is your specific interest in Flagstaff?

Happy Easter to all !

It is beautiful up there, wish I had more time to explore the few times I stopped.
I've heard it is a hard town to make a living in, of course my info may be outdated.
But lots of smaller towns are these days, even my beloved Lake Havasu City, which is why I now live just outside of Dallas. :rolleyes:

Well, I can't be sure about the answers to some of your questions. It's a college town, home of the Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks. Also a former major railroad hub and the junction of Interstate 40 and Interstate 17. The fire danger isn't any more severe than any other city or town located in a forested region. The forest, by the way is the largest contiguous stand of Ponderosa pine trees in the world. It is my understanding (from friends who live there) that rent and property costs are a bit higher than average for Arizona, but I cannot attest to that personally. I suppose it's a nice place to live, considering that it is in Arizona and it doesn't get hot like the deserts down South. There is also the Snow Bowl ski area located nearby. Flagstaff is home to the tallest mountains in Arizona with the highest, Humphrey's Peak topping out at just over 12,000 feet. Bring a jacket.

Flagstaff is also a suitable hub for outdoor recreation and site-seeing with lots of great places to visit in Northern Arizona located less than a day's drive away. For example: Grand Canyon, Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon, Lake Powell, Monument Valley, Canyon De Chelly, Walnut Canyon, Meteor Crater, Petrified Forest, Colorado River, Laughlin, and Las Vegas.

What part of the country do you hail from, and what is your specific interest in Flagstaff?

Thanks Hum, Colorado right now, fires and floods the past years. My interest is damned tired of Colorado and the population explosion here. Moved from Denver to the Springs .. and it has gotten as bad, plus they kiss the Military's Ass and the 'Crime Rate' is bad ! I just heard a lot of good things about Flagstaff, and Payson. Used to the cold weather for sure.

It is beautiful up there, wish I had more time to explore the few times I stopped.
I've heard it is a hard town to make a living in, of course my info may be outdated.
But lots of smaller towns are these days, even my beloved Lake Havasu City, which is why I now live just outside of Dallas. :rolleyes:

Thanks Sunbunny, I got a great buy out from my past employer, so employment isn't a concern. It's the Truth smaller towns are Great !

Thanks Hum, Colorado right now, fires and floods the past years. My interest is damned tired of Colorado and the population explosion here. Moved from Denver to the Springs .. and it has gotten as bad, plus they kiss the Military's Ass and the 'Crime Rate' is bad ! I just heard a lot of good things about Flagstaff, and Payson. Used to the cold weather for sure.

Thanks Sunbunny, I got a great buy out from my past employer, so employment isn't a concern. It's the Truth smaller towns are Great !

If I didn't have to worry about how to support myself I would go home in a heart beat.. lol.
I found that watching the local newspaper online before I moved helped in making the decision on where to live, within range of my work relocation of course. :D

And I did the same thing you are doing, mined the resources of friends on Lit. :D:D

If I didn't have to worry about how to support myself I would go home in a heart beat.. lol.
I found that watching the local newspaper online before I moved helped in making the decision on where to live, within range of my work relocation of course. :D

And I did the same thing you are doing, mined the resources of friends on Lit. :D:D

Bunny Happy Hump Day, I've found a paper online from Flagstaff :) . Lit is a
great resource of info and the feedback is Great. The comment about the Military comes from where I'm at because the Springs is the 2 nd highest for
Retirement and the Personal on base here get special Treatment when they
break the Laws ! Like hiring Under age Prostitutes not Good .. :eek:
Thanks Bunny I have a relative where you are :)

Bunny Happy Hump Day, I've found a paper online from Flagstaff :) . Lit is a
great resource of info and the feedback is Great. The comment about the Military comes from where I'm at because the Springs is the 2 nd highest for
Retirement and the Personal on base here get special Treatment when they
break the Laws ! Like hiring Under age Prostitutes not Good .. :eek:
Thanks Bunny I have a relative where you are :)

Happy Hump Day! :rose:

I was in Colorado for a while; five years. I could see Mt. Princeton from my back yard. The mountains really get under your skin. Some days it looked as if I could reach out and touch them. My favorite part of my time there was pulling German Browns out of the Arkansas River. But I learned that I could be poor anywhere so I decided to be poor in a warmer climate and moved back to Arizona.

Payson is much smaller than Flagstaff, if it's a small-town atmosphere you're looking for. It's a little more isolated too, and a lot of retirees. There's quite a bit to see and do in that region too, being nestled at the base of the Mogollon Rim. Up on the Rim are some spectacular vistas and lot's of lakes.

If you haven't already guessed, I'm pretty fond of my home state.

Happy Hump Day! :rose:

Thanks Bunny ! :)

I was in Colorado for a while; five years. I could see Mt. Princeton from my back yard. The mountains really get under your skin. Some days it looked as if I could reach out and touch them. My favorite part of my time there was pulling German Browns out of the Arkansas River. But I learned that I could be poor anywhere so I decided to be poor in a warmer climate and moved back to Arizona.

Payson is much smaller than Flagstaff, if it's a small-town atmosphere you're looking for. It's a little more isolated too, and a lot of retirees. There's quite a bit to see and do in that region too, being nestled at the base of the Mogollon Rim. Up on the Rim are some spectacular vistas and lot's of lakes.

If you haven't already guessed, I'm pretty fond of my home state.

60Hz, Thanks you're a great source of info ! I look out my kitchen window
every morning at Pike Peak, I do know what your saying, and fishing here I
haven't been able to enjoy lately. I'm thinking it will be Flagstaff, I need to take trip there shortly to settle my mind. Yes I can understand you being fond
of your home State ! It will be interesting to see, thanks again I'll be checking
this thread again there are good people here. :)

Thanks Bunny ! :)

60Hz, Thanks you're a great source of info ! I look out my kitchen window
every morning at Pike Peak, I do know what your saying, and fishing here I
haven't been able to enjoy lately. I'm thinking it will be Flagstaff, I need to take trip there shortly to settle my mind. Yes I can understand you being fond
of your home State ! It will be interesting to see, thanks again I'll be checking
this thread again there are good people here. :)

Have a nice time on your trip to check out Flagstaff, now is a good time of year for it. In another couple of weeks the college kids will roll out for the summer and it will be quieter.

Have a nice time on your trip to check out Flagstaff, now is a good time of year for it. In another couple of weeks the college kids will roll out for the summer and it will be quieter.

Thanks Bunny, Happy TGIF ! I'll keep that in mind, quiet is a Good
Thing. I appreciate all the Info :)

Thanks Bunny, Happy TGIF ! I'll keep that in mind, quiet is a Good
Thing. I appreciate all the Info :)

Of course seeing the lay of the land with the students around might also be helpful. My daughter's girlfriend purchased her family home summer time for it's due to it's closeness to the university she was going to attend only to discover the old Victorian beauty across the street was a frat house.

Of course seeing the lay of the land with the students around might also be helpful. My daughter's girlfriend purchased her family home summer time for it's due to it's closeness to the university she was going to attend only to discover the old Victorian beauty across the street was a frat house.

Bunny, you're full of advice and common sense ! That would have been a great
buy, aside from the Frat House. I'm thinking of buying as well, just have to sell
my Condo is all. Should be ' I hope' an easy task. :)

Back