A Hot Day for Ironing

sirhugs

Riding to the Rescue
Joined
Jan 25, 2002
Posts
40,359
Remember ironing? Something we (or our moms, wives, maids) did before shirts came sprayed with poisonous chemicals to be wrinkle-proofed.

So not sure if this would be a period piece or what, but I have an image that a woman is ironing on a hot day (no air conditioning) so takes off her top, not thinking about who might see.

Who DOES see? Someone in the house? a neighbour? A passerby?
Is it an exhibitionist/voyeur tale of a lead in to some sort of hot sex ?
 
Remember ironing? Something we (or our moms, wives, maids) did before shirts came sprayed with poisonous chemicals to be wrinkle-proofed.

So not sure if this would be a period piece or what, but I have an image that a woman is ironing on a hot day (no air conditioning) so takes off her top, not thinking about who might see.

Who DOES see? Someone in the house? a neighbour? A passerby?
Is it an exhibitionist/voyeur tale of a lead in to some sort of hot sex ?

I'm not sure it even needs to be a period piece. It could be, but not necessary.

The scene that came to mind for me was a younger woman who is relatively newlywed. She is working on ironing and starching her husband's dress shirts in the living room on a hot summer day. Her husband is a well off business man so she is left to just take care of the house. Her little secret is that she enjoys to be nude and spends most of the day walking around her house naked.

Maybe she starts in something like panties and a large tshirt and strips down as she irons. Regardless she ends up fully nude doing the ironing, thinking that she is in the privacy of her own home. Little does she know that her male neighbor is home and can see her crystal clear from his second floor home office.

Unable to work from the distraction of her gorgeous body, he takes the opportunity to enjoy the sight of her body. Using binoculars or a short range telescope, he admires her body.

This may be a weekly or daily occurrence for some time before the woman notices a flash of light coming from the house across the street. She notices that it is the reflection off her neighbor's viewing device.

Normally, this mild mannered woman would be embarrassed to have her body exposed to a complete stranger. In fact, only a few people had ever seen her naked. However, the thought of a stranger checking out her body turned her on. She begins to walk around more often, doing activities in the nude and in lingerie that she thinks a man would like to see.

Eventually, she works up the courage to invite the peeper over and they begin a torrid love affair.
 
IMHO ironing on a HOT day might justify stripping for thermal comfort, but a single iron just doesn't throw off that much heat. Over half-century ago, my frugal aunt used to take in laundry, and she had a large electric-steaming clothes press, the kind with a pull-down lid. THAT sucker got hot, and she worked in a suburban Los Angeles garage converted to laundry space. Gets damn hot there in summer and the place had no A.C.

I could envisage her working naked there. I could envisage her leaving the back door and side window open for whatever breeze might waft through. Of course, many items do not need such pressing and can be hung from a clothesline in the sun to dry. Would aunty bother to dress before hanging a wet load on the backyard line?

Variant: Naked shoeshines are old hat. How about a naked laundry? Of course, such have existed for a long, long time, al fresco. Mayan women work naked in Guatemala's Lago de Atitlan when washing clothes in the lake water. Cluster of naked women, pounding fabric on rocks, chattering, ducking modestly when a tour boat nears.
 
Back
Top