interest check (fantasy RP, new frontier, slavers,dragon slayers))

Joined
Oct 30, 2013
Posts
27
The empires of man have expanded overseas and have found a rich new continent, Maelgor. A rush by opposing kingdoms has begun in order to colonize Maelgor and claim as much territory and resources as possible. Nearly a decade has passed since the first ships of settlers were sent out. Claiming the new land has been... difficult.

The premise of the story is that the new colonies are having difficulty expanding into the new territory because... dragons! They werent very prominent in the old country, so their considerable presence is a problem to the leaders of the empires and kingdoms. Bands of slayers have formed to try and clear them out. Unaccounted hundreds have died in their attempt to purge the lands of this reptilian scourge.

This endeavor is not without it's profits, of course. To begin with, many of the governing bodies have standing bounties that offer a payout to whomever can bring in the heads of dragons or other Draco kin. Bounties aside, their is also the lucrative slave market for Draconians (and other races that abound in the new frontier). Alchemists and researchers also are interested in various parts that can be harvested from the bodies of draco kin, and the unhatched eggs of these creatures fetch a hefty sum.

Humans are the dominant race. The elven race (called Eldrin) are scarce and tend to live away from humans. Humans run the gamut of the land and have great, established empires while Elves are nomadic and favor the sea. Goblins are also a lesser race, but were long ago conquered by humans. They now live mostly as slaves or second class citizens in he human realm. A few free tribes of goblins still exist in the wilderness.

Humans, Goblins and Eldrin are the three standard species to be played as from the Kingdoms that are expanding into Maelgor. Again, humans are the dominant race. Elves are free, but scant. Goblins are a subservient race. Also, goblins in this game are comprised from waist high runts to something more orc-like. Regardless of stature, they are all considered Goblin and are of the same race.

There are new races that are being discovered out of Maelgor. However, the Humans tend to try and conquer and enslave them before making friends. I have a short list of Maelgorean races, but players will have some leniency if they wish to create a new race coming from out of the new lands.

The technology setting of this game will be equivalent to the 1500's. Weaponry is as advanced as matchlock rifles and muskets, along with cannons on ships and in fortifications and such. However, swords and other bladed weapons are still in popular use. Heavy armor has therefor been negated, and this is not a medieval setting. Magic is low in this story. There is no innate spell casters, i.e mages, wizards, sorcerers. Magic is derived from charms and artifacts, and their power tends to be passive and typically with a low efficacy. The skill of the craftsman of said charms and artifacts is directly responsible for the potency of the magic. The competency of user of these items also plays to the effect of the magic.

This topic is merely an interest check, and I am only putting down the setting. If this garners enough response of interest, I will post an RP topic with an opening plot and a more thorough description of the world.

I am expecting to write a good deal of graphic violence and gore and sporadic sexual scenes. Other adult themes such as slavery and torture are to be expected as well. However, this RP is NOT centered around sex scenes and I will not let the rp get caught up in the players constant fucking at the expense of the ongoing story.

Players may feel free to create characters with kinks and D/s, M/s relationships, etc. Sadistic and Dominant characters would be very appropriate for the storyline. I will allow players RP as two characters at a maximum, one is preferred.
I, myself will be taking on the role of various characters throughout the game in order to progress the story.

I also expect players to be decently literate and to be able to put down at least two paragraphs of descriptive text when posting. I frown upon posts that are 90% script. I also expect players to be able to post at least 2 to 3 times a week. Players that begin to lag in their posts run the risk of having their characters left behind or killed.
 
Last edited:
Certainly an interesting idea there. Will have to keep an eye out for it.
 
Story line sounds great and I would be interested in writing in it. Not sure how a Musketeer would take down a Dragon but willing to give it a go, LOL
 
Back
Top