FAWC 5: Line, Please!

I will be underachieving once again with ONE.

Unless I have to a major overhaul on my final exams. In that case, I'll cheer from the sidelines.

Can't underachieve when you win. Just means you were a sniper. Bam! One shot, one kill, baby. *blows on finger gun*

You're such a badass.

I will be underachieving once again with ONE.

With this one, I will be surprised if there is more than one from each author. And, yes, I plan on being surprised. That said, I think this particular FAWC will have a lower number of submissions overall. And I'm going to guess that most will be 3+ Lit pages.

Just my prediction. Of course, if I was any good at predicting things, I'd be getting rich down at the race track. :p

With this one, I will be surprised if there is more than one from each author. And, yes, I plan on being surprised. That said, I think this particular FAWC will have a lower number of submissions overall. And I'm going to guess that most will be 3+ Lit pages.

Just my prediction. Of course, if I was any good at predicting things, I'd be getting rich down at the race track. :p

And I'm going to go ahead and predict that a fair number with be dark again. The knife and all.

And I'm going to go ahead and predict that a fair number with be dark again. The knife and all.

Well, I wanted to make it open to any and every possibility. But just because a knife is on the table doesn't mean the story has to be dark. The line doesn't say what kind of knife it is; it could be a hunting knife, a putty knife, a butter knife, a letter opener . . . .

Well, I wanted to make it open to any and every possibility. But just because a knife is on the table doesn't mean the story has to be dark. The line doesn't say what kind of knife it is; it could be a hunting knife, a putty knife, a butter knife, a letter opener . . . .

I have mentioned the line to a few friend and like me they think the items on the table scream murder mystery story, so I too will go with the dark prediction :)

I have mentioned the line to a few friend and like me they think the items on the table scream murder mystery story, so I too will go with the dark prediction :)

Murder mysteries can be fun. Think Madeline Kahn and Clue.

Well if we're making predictions, it wouldn't surprise me if there was an edge play story.

I have no fucking idea why I'm submitting, mine will stick out like a shit eating smile. Any score above ONE will be a moral victory over you bastards. I thought about writing the usual AH fare: Alice, Sam, and the Bradys vacation at Cleveland and share drippy black cocks and Chinese buffet.

I have no fucking idea why I'm submitting, mine will stick out like a shit eating smile. Any score above ONE will be a moral victory over you bastards. I thought about writing the usual AH fare: Alice, Sam, and the Bradys vacation at Cleveland and share drippy black cocks and Chinese buffet.

Fuck! There goes my idea!

I guess the moral is, we only hurt the ones we love, JBJ. And other people, when we get bored. And ourselves, because, c'mon, writers are just masochists with big vocabularies....Ok, we hurt everybody. New moral: you ain't special, suck it up. ;)

Fuck! There goes my idea!

I guess the moral is, we only hurt the ones we love, JBJ. And other people, when we get bored. And ourselves, because, c'mon, writers are just masochists with big vocabularies....Ok, we hurt everybody. New moral: you ain't special, suck it up. ;)

No, I really am special.

That was one of the first things my wife thought, too. I'm trying to encourage her to write one. ;)

Murder mysteries can be fun. Think Madeline Kahn and Clue.

I watched that last night as a matter of fact. Madeline Kahn was great in that, as always, but Lesley Ann Warren was damn hot. ;)

SLYCK is a closet noir writer.

Maybe not so much in the closet. I've got several crime stories posted already. Might even call some of them noir, but not in the classic gumshoe sense.

Well if we're making predictions, it wouldn't surprise me if there was an edge play story.

I'm rather hoping there is. ;)

No, that's not a clue as to what I'm writing.

Something really cool just happened to me.

I was covering a class for an English teacher who had to leave school in a hurry. Her class was having a test. I was standing at her podium, working on a little bit of non-erotic dialogue for my FAWC story. I don't know how long I was writing, but when a kid sneezed, it snapped me back to reality. It took the better part of a minute to figure out where I was and why I was there. I felt like the kids in front of me faded in from white. It was surreal, but amazing.

I think folks have been peeking over my shoulder as I type.

Happens to me, too. I consider it professional paranoia.

Something really cool just happened to me.

I was covering a class for an English teacher who had to leave school in a hurry. Her class was having a test. I was standing at her podium, working on a little bit of non-erotic dialogue for my FAWC story. I don't know how long I was writing, but when a kid sneezed, it snapped me back to reality. It took the better part of a minute to figure out where I was and why I was there. I felt like the kids in front of me faded in from white. It was surreal, but amazing.

Interesting . . . good thing it was a non-erotic part. Otherwise, we'd be hearing about you on the news. :eek:

Happens to me, too. I consider it professional paranoia.

Interesting . . . good thing it was a non-erotic part. Otherwise, we'd be hearing about you on the news. :eek:

I know!! Although, women can get away with that a little easier than men can, I think.

There was no place to put my computer, so I had to do something for the hour I was there. It was that or Candy Crush on my phone. Writing in my notebook looks more like work.

I was just glad to get SOMETHING done, since I had to give up my date with the photocopier. :rolleyes:

My story is done for all intents and purposes tho editing may change the word count a smidgen.

More important this story spun-off a longer, complex story thats dark and dreary.

My story is stuck in my head, as is my Nude Day story. The damned things just don't want to flow through the keyboard. :(

I hope that changes soon.

I'm out.

Gonna post my story and bail outta FAWC. Nuthin in it for me.

I'm out.

Gonna post my story and bail outta FAWC. Nuthin in it for me.

Aw, James, you're breaking my heart. There's nothing in it for anyone other than honest criticism.

I'm loving this FAWC. I wonder what everyone's book will be. :)

I am, too. I'm hoping there's enough room in that first sentence for writers to go off on a range of tangents.

How many people are taking part, I wonder?

We won't know until I get all the stories in. But at this point, I think there's at least five of us.

Are all FAWC stories self-contained? Does anyone ever enter the first chapter in a new series, or anything?

Edit: Also, I'm bringing friends...I think.

Last edited:
Back