Help! I'm stuck.

suboots

Experienced
I have been trying to add a story for a while now. Whenever I go to "New Story" it all goes tickety boo until it comes to "Select a language". Then I don't get the option box to click like I used to. Am I being obtuse here?

At the very bottom of your works/ activity page there's an option to use the 'old control panel' . Try submitting a story through there if there's a glitch with the new one.

No, I don't have the "select language " box at all, only the category one.

Thanks I'll try that. The old control panel gives the option but it appears to lack the ability to save a part written story for future work.

Thanks I'll try that. The old control panel gives the option but it appears to lack the ability to save a part written story for future work.

Do I understand that you are [trying] to save part-completed stories on the Lit machine ?
This regarded as being NOT a good idea.
Best to use a decent Word Processor /Tex Editor and keep it on your own machine.

That's weird...

You could try the old control panel, but perhaps you could also try using a different internet browser.

Try clearing your cache. There was a major problem a month or so back, this might be a legacy of the glitch. Clear your cache first, see if that fixes the issue in the new submission page.

And yeah, draft off-line, and save your material every time you stop to think.

I had a problem about a month ago when I couldn’t get on to my member profile. I entered name and password, clicked log in but just got a blank screen. But when I looked on the category page (at the top) it told me I was logged in. I usually use IE but discovered that if I used Edge, Firefox or Google there wasn’t a problem. After about a week the problem disappeared. Didn’t you have a problem the other week with “revolving circles syndrome?” Perhaps it is something to be looked at on your pc if you’ve been trying for a while without success. I’m still learning about the intricacies of this site myself but more experienced people must have come across this problem.

And yeah, draft off-line, and save your material every time you stop to think.

I use Word and save in a stories folder. It automatically saves after every time I update the story. Then I change it to .rtf (as you suggested) and upload it direct from my pc when it’s ready to submit. That way the original always remains in its folder on my pc.

I had a problem about a month ago when I couldn’t get on to my member profile. I entered name and password, clicked log in but just got a blank screen. But when I looked on the category page (at the top) it told me I was logged in. I usually use IE but discovered that if I used Edge, Firefox or Google there wasn’t a problem. After about a week the problem disappeared. Didn’t you have a problem the other week with “revolving circles syndrome?” Perhaps it is something to be looked at on your pc if you’ve been trying for a while without success. I’m still learning about the intricacies of this site myself but more experienced people must have come across this problem.

Yes, that was the glitch I mentioned. It was across the board and affected nearly every platform.

The site took about a fortnight to embed all fixes, and cache clearing was essential to purge old links in everyone's browsers.

Back