Last Will & Testament

Who will inherit your vast fortune / whopping debt?

  • Hot Step-Mom (so KJ1 can vote)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ms. Jingles Purrfect Shelter For Lost & Wayward Kitties

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mistress / Lover

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    17

Emerson40

An evening spent dancing
Joined
Aug 27, 2012
Posts
13,837
In the event of your sudden and unexpected death, who will inherit your vast fortune / whopping debt?
 
My kids are my beneficiaries with the money put into trust with my sister. Any outstanding debt is all secured.
 
The usual normal life insurance stuff. Only have that for peace of mind now. Later I won't care what's going on or who has what because I'm dead.
 
testament.band-header.jpg
 
My brother will.

If you die without a will, the courts and taxman will take a huge chunk. Any substantial amounts, get a will done.
 
No debt and it's my parents and siblings that will inherit, at this point.

The Texas biker lawyer gets my favorite painting for the remainder of his life then it goes elsewhere.
 
Hopefully my ex wife inherits my debt... Cause fuck her....

But most likely my gf will... Cause she'll be stupid enough to marry me.

Love, what a cunt!
 
My cats.

They deserve it.

All my debts; let them pay.
 
No debt. My college gets an endowed scholarship and the wife gets the rest.
 
My brother will.

If you die without a will, the courts and taxman will take a huge chunk. Any substantial amounts, get a will done.

Where is this?

Most developed countries. Die without a valid will, and the taxman grabs some, lawyers grab some, and then relations, if you have any close enough, get the remainder.

If you have a significant other to whom you are not married, she/he will struggle, and have to pay expensive lawyers, to get anything from your estate.

If you are NOT married - get mutual wills written NOW! Keep the taxmen and lawyers away!
 
If you die without a will the expression is 'intestate'. The courts now get involved to determine who is to inherit according to the local laws. They charge hefty fees. Much more than an executor would if you died with a will. The term 'probate' is used if you had a valid will. Executor, I think, can take 8%. Courts will take 16% and then appoint an executor who will take 8%. Not exactly the numbers but close.

My brother died young and well off without a will. Courts took a bundle. Takes longer too. Even if cut and dried who next of kin is.

Some places have huge death tax rates. Especially if you were rich. Death taxes are huge on dead rich people in some countries. Can't take it with you, so government gets it's cut.
 
Wife is the sole beneficiary of the life insurance policy

My personal comic collection last appraised at 200k is to be sold and split between my daughters.

My 69 Fire bird goes to one of my nephews, his brother gets my guns, and knife/sword collection and collection of horror magazines.

My sister-who two years ago at the age of 47 learned how to ride a motorcycle-gets my old 2002 sportster. That's if I die today because I plan on giving it to her this summer anyway as I think my riding days are pretty much over.

My ex-wife....gets my ashes poured into a cup of coffee when she's not looking so she can choke on me. My youngest daughter says she will do the honors.:D
 
My brother will.

If you die without a will, the courts and taxman will take a huge chunk. Any substantial amounts, get a will done.

True. The cost of having a will prepared is greatly exceeded by the costs of not having a will prepared.
 
Actually, new revision. All my monies go to whosever liver survives the GB drinking game.
 
No debt. My husband and my kids. I have a trust set up for them already. Hub gets the life insurance policies.
 
The bride already has a half interest in everything that matters, and my pensions are set up to go to her. We don't do insurance. Every month I put $500 in a coffee can, starting long ago. The house was paid off 20 years ago.
 
Back
Top