Gate of Kelga: Lost Orb (IC)

Tyr nodded. He didn't need the cool headed blade to keep him from asking his next question. Which was why King George was permitted to keep his head. The Coldlands had come along way since the times when the leader was literally chosen by combat, back before there was a united king and the individual Jarls fought for dominance but even now a weak man would be removed either by words or by blades. It was unthinkable that a coward could rule but Tyr had no desire to insult his fellow travelers yet. "Understood. Though I still don't understand why your locals have not banded together, would the king stop you from defending yourselves?"

His eyes continued to comb the waters beneath the bridge particularly focused on a small family of water fowl that he didn't recognize swimming together. They were nearly to the opposite side of the bridge when Tyr spoke again. "What is your opinion of us searching out these people?"

Druz thumped along about a dozen feet or so ahead of the group. He had left the tent irritated and had gone to gather supplies for the journey, that being he had gone and purchased a few items to make the travel with these Little unz a bit more bearable. So now, he had a great wooden barrel strapped to his broad back and a smaller, five-gallon barrel in his hand like a wooden mug. He had little in the way of coin, but fortune has still provided a means for him to barter. He had a pretty and shiny shield to trade... Well, Druz did ask... and the Humie Chief hadn't said no so...

The Orc had stomped heavily on the bridge when they first set out. Humie magic just didn't feel right to him, but it seemed that the bridge was sturdy enough. At least if it did fall, the others would be just as wet so that was something. In any case, Druz thumped on, occasionally taking a great pull from his wooden mug as he half listened to the others.

"Why Humies not just kill bad chief?" he asked plainly after taking a pull. "Meebe dey get a better chief if dey smash him good."

"Searching this people? You mean people that can fight for themselves?" he asked, his eyes shining with curiosity and possibility.
Druz turned to them and asked why they didn't kill the chief. It was understanding the big guy and Taujiel misread it that he asked why the people were cowards like the chief.
They were now leaving the bridge and heading towards the forest.
"Like i said earlier, its the king that is a coward not the people. I'm sure their are smoe that'll be willing to take up arms and defend their homes."

Last edited:
"I meant why don't they. Even if my King or my Jarl didn't command me to protect my lands and my people I would do it. They would have to send an army to stop me from keeping my home safe." Tyr replied looking at the man. He wasn't entirely certain if he'd been misunderstood. Then the Orc spoke and Tyr couldn't help but chuckle though he covered it up with a cough after a simultanous thrum from both blades.

"Regardless the sooner we handle this the better right big guy?" He asked the orc suddenly jealous he hadn't thought of the idea of an enormous amount of booze for the journey.

"Well at least we can be the hands of those too weak to defend themselves." Tyr reasoned.
Now heading into the woods, Tyr couldn't help but ask mockingly. "Are you sure the climate change won't affect you?"

Tamaria sighed she hated walking. With a black cloud, she became a dragon once more. She took off at the sky's roaring and flew only a little bit ahead. Just to scout for any enemy's.

Tyr nodded on agreement. His first choice would have been to go finish the only quest that truly mattered but there was merit to helping those who couldn't help themselves. Especially if they had already tried and exhausted their own resources. "Hopefully this doesn't take too long. "

"Hey Green Skin!" He shouted to to the orc. "Tell me what we are expecting in your land when we finish this." He hadn't actually said he'd help yet and this was a bout as close to genuinely volunteering to help as his pride would allow.

Bandits? Why not?

Not wanting to look like a fool before his men, he'd agreed with them. Brad glanced up at the sky, that was a dragon.
If only he was looking up when he flew past, identification and certainty would have been easily reached. But alas, it was just a shadow over head that he saw as he was sharpening his sword.
Brad jumped down from his perched tree, to his men who were still musing over missing the supposedly swift and fast large bird.
He was about telling them to start hunt for lunch when a sinewy looking man, seemingly in his mid fourties with raggy torn clothes, a full quiver at his back and a bow in hand ran into the clearing. He stopped some distance from Brad, then breathed hard to catch his breath.
"What is it Scuut ." Brad asked, his inability to pronunce O getting in the way of calling the man Scout.
"Visitors...three men and one Org." Scuut said admist pants.
"You head him buys, tu pusitiun. Tip the arruws with sleepy putiuns. I want that Urg's skin for trade." Scout barked at his zig zag-ly moving men

Last edited:
She almost passed it if not for the glimpse of silver. Tamaria swerved around. Diving into the trees that hid them. Tamaria roared, to alarm the bandits and to send out a warning to the group. She started to snap at the Bandits. Stepping on a few.

Tyr's had made a point of ignoring the one who had turned into a dragon and taking flight for a number of reasons. Not the least of which was that he'd never actually seen a dragon in person below but he'd be damned if he was the one who treated an enormous flying reptiles like something he wasn't used to. Even if in the Coldlands a reptile larger than his hand was utterly unheard of. He had at least seen one of the aquatic reptiles during the trip here but those were nothing in size compared to this one and they certainly hadn't been flying!

"What the actual fuck?!" He didn't supress his alarm when it roared and then dove down into a field. He wasn't particularly in a rush to find out what it was up to but he wasn't going to be the one who didn't join in either. He took off out a jog, they were fortunately only a few yards from shore, close enough that when he was given the choice between shoving the orc or simply leaping off the bridge and wading the rest of the way he chose the safer option.

A short jog later he found himself just within sight of what from his point of view was an outright slaughter.

"Do not anger that one." Aisizu warned

Firaga considered the scene for a moment longer before responding. "Kill her in her sleep. A fair fight would be suicide.

That was frighteningly close to an agreement between the two blades and Tyr continued towards the bandits rather lazily. He enjoyed a good fight but until and unless the dragon seemed to be in danger he was quite content not to get in the way.

Druz only grunted at the harry Humie's comments at first. He paused at the noisy female turned into a puff of smoke and then into a giant flying lizard, then leaped into the sky. He grunted again as the lizard circled...that might be a bit more interesting... but Druz wasn't sure if it was good or bad really.

"Hey Green Skin! Tell me what we are expecting in your land when we finish this."

Druz does not care 'bout cold thingie." He said. "Druz not care about shiny ball either. Druz cares about taking clan back."

The Orc growled deep in his chest for a moment. "Humie Chief says that we get ball, Druz will get clan. Druz will kill da fake Pointy-ear chief; Druz will punish da bad orcs fer not being orky enuff to know a good chief from a bad chief. Then Druz will decide wut ta do when da boys are back to being right an' orky again."

Right about then the great big lizard decided to crash into the trees and start tearing them apart. Judging from the amount of yelling and stomping going on, either the lizard was in a fight of some sort...or just really didn't like trees. Either way, Druz started to jog forward to investigate.

Taujiel laughed slighty as Druz spoke. His tone and words always amused him. Not wanting to be insultive and doubting the efficeincy of his spells on such a giant brute, Taujiel like his comrade turned it into a cough.
When Tamaria decended into the woods, and human screams was heard, Taujiel knew something was wrong.
He jogged beside the coldlander, all the while thinking of a suitable and easy spell to use if it was actually a fight.
On reaching there and seeing Tamaria ripping flesh and breaking bones and joints, Taujiel just like Tyr could only fold his hand and watch.
"The Creator!" he exclaimed "I thought the Orc was the most deadly."

Last edited:
Brad: What the fuck is that?

As the men were scattering to different checkpoints and ambush spot, the leaves started fluttering. The trees shook and the men ran out of their hiding in fright.
Brad still standing in the clearing was intently looking skyward, mildly aware of his men coming out of the undergrowths and bushes to join him.
"Dragon!" he yelled as Tamaria came to sight.
The bandits had expected dancing flames from her mouth when she roared and so some ducked to the ground, scattered in different directions, or covered their faces with their hands.
Brad ducked to one of the huge trees, he watched in horror as the dragon took to ground and ripped his men apart like a child do to overused toys.
"I should have pressed for the coldcomb when those fools crossed here." he grimaced.
The ground suddenly started shaking, Brad had to grip the tree trunk so as not stumble. Busting through the woods and leaving broken trunks in its wake was an Orc. The human had never seen such a creature before as he had never travelled past the borders

Last edited:
New Easteal. Followed some distance behind him were three men. One seemingly taller than an average human. Must be those sky people.
One an elf, one a human. So he looked. Though his eyes and the two axes behind him were too much for an ordinary human to possess. Must be from another race then.
Seeing his men being thrown aside like nothing, Brad decided to make his escape. If truth be told, he could only stand one person in this invading party and that was the lean elf in wizard robe.
"Wizard robe?" Brad sheated his sword and turned to the otherside. "What the fuck is going on with my luck nowadays?" he asked rhethoritically as he ran out of the clearing, he heard footfalls behind him moment later and groaned, frustrated.
Now sweating and fatigued, Brad couldn't run any further. The footfalls were getting closer, and the leaves behind him rustled and branches broke.
"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" Brad placed his back to a tree, brought out a medallion necklace with a chameleon on it. Wore it and mended into the tree.

Last edited:
Crack. As Tamaria sent one flying into a large rock with her tail. One screamed as she picked him up with her mouth and chewed. Breaking like thin tiny sticks in her mouth. Swallowing she looked around. She thought she got a glimpse of something. Like a person. Blowing out of her nose angrily, she started using her nose to track eh o it was that ran. She walked past the others. Her large sleek black dragon body marching through more trees, breaking and cracking the dark pines. Just then the scent got much stronger and she stopped. And slowly turned her head to the tree the bandit hid on. She walked over the the tree, only requiring one step. She s offer the tree. Mouth and nose inches away from the bandits face. She could smell the sweat and fear but just couldn't see it. She turned her head to the side, her eye now level with the bandits face. And she searched for any movements.

Pallox wasn't certain how to respond to Tamaria, but he could hear the sadness in her voice. It had always bothered him that he couldn't remember himself before, but he was always trying. He really didn't have a response for her, letting her walk away. He watched her morph and fly into the air before moving to catch up with the others.

He had just caught up with the others when Tamaria dove on the forest. He frowned for a moment, drawing his sword as he followed suit after the others. He watched Tamaria play with a kill the bandits for a few moments before looking for others himself.

"So, should we split up and search, or let them come at us?"

He really didn't bother to wait for an answer, hacking a few branches on his way to follow a couple of bandits who had run by in terror from Tamaria.

Tyr chuckled at Pallox question. "Feel free to give chase if you like, I don't see the reason nor the sport." He leaned against a tree continuing to watch. Even if he'd wanted to Tyr was a mountain of a man built for hiking long distances over snow and through ice, not for running and certainly not for sprinting.

"I only wish we'd brought along some minstrels to play some music while we enjoy the show." Tyr commented. It didn't seem likely that Tamaria was even going to work up a sweat with the bandits much less be harmed but he was nevertheless keeping an eye on things encase the situation started to take a turn for the worse. "I'll have to considering hiring a few when we reach a city." He mused.

Taujiel seeing Tamaria chase after a bandit hurried after her to help. His intent was not really to help though, it was to get more acquinted with her and possibly learn a thing or two about how she morves. You never can tell who your enemy is.
Following her trail was incredibly easy as she left visible evidence of environmental distruction in her wake.
Taujiel found her at last staring absurdly at a tree.
"Okay i get it, you like trees." he said coming beside her.
Immediately Taujiel's eyes fell on the tree, he saw the bandit hiding inside, cloaked by a magic.
"Reverie cloacra dre ma." he chanted pointing his finger at the tree.
Slowly, slowly the cloak faded and Brad stood before the dragon and the wizard.

Last edited:
Pallox stopped for a moment when he saw Taujiel chasing after Tamaria. He had heard Tyr's comment, but didn't respond to it. He had a feeling that Tamaria could take care of herself, letting her and Taujiel be for the moment.

He drew his sword as he held a hand towards the sky for a moment. His lips moved as he spoke softly, electricity gathered above his upturned hand. Two large globes of crackling energy formed in the air before darting away from him in the forest. He grinned for a moment as the sounds of lightning cracked through the air, mixed with screams of pain from a couple of bandits that ran by earlier, and the smell of burning flesh whifting through the air.

Brad the bandit leader: Where's the luck?

Brad stilled himself when the dragon focused on his spot. He had heard about their acute senses, but he was invincible and even though the dragon could sense him, he won't see him.
When the wizard came to view, Brad knew he was lucked out. He watched with eyes agape as his invincibility cloak faded.
"Oh come on." Brad said exasperated and threw his arms. The necklace fell to the ground in shattered bits. "This caused me quite a fortune." he groaned then realising the situation he was in, decided to play tough and in control. "Alright forget it, you can leave with your things. I mean i have allowed great and exquisite things like the serpent rod, the scroll of Dragnir, and even the coldcomb pass here." he paused as if reasoning. Ofcourse the scroll of Dragnir contained only black spells that only a wizard of high training can learn. "So by all means leave with your menial swords and scrolls." he finished glancing at Taujiel scroll bag. Then pointed to the opposite direction. "Please,..-- leave."

Last edited:
Tyr had been following if a bit lazily the entire time. The Dragon seemed to be in no danger but he needed to remain close enough to help if something did take a sudden turn. He watched as what he presumed was the final attacker. . .if that was even the proper term came into view. He didn't hear most of conversation but he did catch the part about menial, coldcomb and leave.

"He called us menial! See if he feels the same way after you remove an arm." Firaga hissed obviously insulted by the bandit's choice of words.

"He mentioned the Coldcomb. Do we know which direction it went?" He was actually talking to his blades but aloud and the words wouldn't make any less sense directed at one of his human companions. "At least until we find out we shouldn't harm him. . .much." Tyr added again soothing his blade more so than his allies.

Talaria hissedas the Bandit appeared. Her tongue forking out quickly like a snake. In a puff of black smoke. She was her human form. Her long black wavy hair still brushed as if nothing had happened, and her face clean, along with the rest of her body. "Where's the cold comb?" Her tone cold, and strong.

Brad glanced at the faces of the four creatures, all of them different in both race and character. How was it possible that they travelled together?
"Coldcomb? What is a Coldcomb? I'm sorry i don't know what you're talking about. But i do know there's a cleansing spring in the Greenlands that'll cure your friend of his madness." Brad said feigning courageous and bold.

Tyr stepped forward tilting his head one way then the other until the vertebrae audibly popped into place. "What's a Cold Comb." He smiled and shook his head. "That's funny." He drove his fist into the man's gut. "Here's how this works you tell me what we need to know about which direction it went and then I won't let the dragon eat you." He said motioning with his head towards the now woman. "I'm really not a patient man."

"Two robe-hooded men passed here last night. They were in a hurry, and when we ambushed them, we discovered them to be Vaynes and in position of the ancient relic of Frilon." Brad replied after several hard gasps.
Taujiel scoffed, "Well its a wonder really, with what i have seen, i don't think your band could have taken one Vayne."
"We can't. And they didn't attack because they didn't want to leave a trail." Brad countered with a hiss, he glanced at the woman whose stern look drove a chill through his spine.
Taujiel nodded, he couldn't possibly argue with that logic. Vayne's magic required the use of blood, and the aftermath of their attacks was always blood, guts and scattered body parts. An obvious trail not good for one who just stole from the gathering of nine high kings.
"They went that way, straight through there, just keep straight and bend only where you see Orchard's trees. It'll lead you straight before the gate of Falkreath." he hurriedly say. "Can i-i-i go n-now?"

Last edited:
Back