Stargate: SG-14

Veroe

Maestro/Truthseeker
((Closed for Myself and ASA))

IC: Col. Elian Alvarez and Korren and Ashalim and Caleb Archer

"We've arrived, Colonel," Their Tok'ra ally called back from the stolen Goauld cargo ship's cockpit.

"Right, everybody up." He said rising from where he'd sat calmly in preparation for this mission. He paused as the false motion of the ship exiting hyperspace and then walking up to the cockpit the others of his team behind him. through the cockpit window straight ahead of them and growing bigger as they approached

The planet known as P9C-1148 was on the grey list. It was a list of stargate addresses that Stargate Command had tried but failed to establish a wormhole between the two gates. Usually that meant that the other gate had been buried sometime in the past. However, their allies among the Tok'ra had suggested that there was some abandoned Goauld weapons development lab there. So General Hammond had authorized a joint mission with Elian's team, SG-14 to investigate and return to SGC any advanced technology they could gleam from the ruins.

The planet itself was a brown world, with patches of green and brown. Their Tok'ra ally was bent over the control peering at them closely. His eyes lit up and in a deep rumbling voice as the Tok'ra symbiote, Ashalim, reported, "Scanners reading no toxins, or radiation. It seems mostly a barren desert with ten percent of the surface being little areas of rainforest along the 32 percent covered in inland seas. The laboratory is located in the Northern hemisphere there," He pointed out the window to the upper area of the planet in the middle of a great swath of brown, "Surrounded for a hundred miles in that desert at one of the few oasis there. Temperature in the shade is well over one hundred on your Fahrenheit scale."

"Hope you like it hot and dry..." His eyes stopped glowing and his voice returned to his normal humorous laced tenor as the human host of the Tok'ra pair, Korenn, added, "...As you Tao'ri would say it seems a veritable garden of eden."

"Spent two tours in Iraq, and three in Afghanistan," Elian answered crossing his arms, "Can't be any worse than those."

As the vessel entered the planet's atmosphere heading towards the laboratory Caleb Archer was still putting away his tablet. He'd been passing the time reviewing the notes Dr. Jackson of SG-1 had reported on this laboratory and the Goauld who supposedly ran it back in the day. He had only joined SG-14 four and a half weeks before and was still finding his place on this team. The others were still uncertain of his ability or allegiances considering he was being rehabilitated from working for the rogue NID program. He hoped to prove himself, he wanted to work for the good guys for once like Dr. Jackson had done.

"Find us someplace we can land." The Colonel ordered.

The cargo vessel flew towards the complex of domed building with arched hallways connecting them, here and there dormant factories and smokestacks reached up towards the sparse clouds in the sky. The Tok'ra pointed to a building near the center and a broad flat portion of the roof between two domes. "There, looks like a ring platform."

The cargo ship came to a hover over that platform and began to set down. There was a loud groaning noise, "It doesn't seem stable enough to land on it, let's see if I can let you inside through the rings down there and circle around until you need to be picked up."

"Understood," Colonel Alvarez nodded and turned to his team, "Get in the circle and prepare to work fast people."

Caleb was the first there as the three other members of his new team joined him looking out as the floor opened up and three rings rose up around them there was a flash of light and they were suddenly below inside the complex, in total pitch black darkness, as the rings there rose back up into a circle on the center of whatever room they were in. As the others activated flash lights, Caleb fumbled with his but a little later had his on and casting a finger of light to illuminate walls, columbs and archways that had not been lit for centuries.

"Secure the area," The colonel ordered raising his MP5 at the ready, "See if you can turn on the lights in here."

About twenty meters a head Caleb spotted something standing in the middle of the floor, "There. Looks like a console." He rushed for it eager to do as the Colonel had ordered and prove himself useful to his new teammates. Looking down at it it seemed to consist of an array of blocks with lines in various patterns on each one. "Looks like ancient Cuneiform..." He bit the end of the flashlight so he could use both hands to open his tablet to start translating what each button said it did. He found the button and pressed it, and nothing happened. "Maybe the generator's dead..." He muttered aloud, "...then why did the rings have enough power for us to come down here..." He looked up to their technology expert, "Seems more your kind of thing than mine."

tumblr_odugtvxdEZ1qkopyqo1_500.jpg

Adam Logan got busy trying to sort out the various panels all while trying to shoo his sister's two guards away from them pressing everything they could get their Marine hands on.

Something here is drawing... Daria call-off the button brigade please!!!

As I was saying something here is drawing a LOT of power... And the systems are trying to fail so whatever it is the rings are important to it's continued function perhaps.
He continued flitting between panels and coaxed the system into even the palest of light around them.

Best I can do to I figure out more of the complex. There is way more than just a few labs

Woman-with-wine-glass-e1519781046498.jpg

Daria sighed and motioned the two guards to stand down from annoying her twin brother.
Fan out scout but stay in radio contact. You see anything with buttons above your pay grade call my brother BEFORE pushing any buttons. Any weird writing call Caleb.

--------------
91d0aaf77bd51758e85d009518ffda68.jpg

A ship... Yinra studied it carefully...Not Her Goddess's markings. Not the markings of the scientist who gave her Goddess the young one. Her orders were simple hand down for many generations. If it is Not Inanna nor her scientist... Destroy it!. She moved to the weapons platform deep in the desert near the lab and within a few adjustments opened fire with the ancient lasers.

Last edited:
IC: Caleb Archer

About twenty meters a head Caleb spotted something standing in the middle of the floor, "There. Looks like a console." He rushed for it eager to do as the Colonel had ordered and prove himself useful to his new teammates. Looking down at it it seemed to consist of an array of blocks with lines in various patterns on each one. "Looks like ancient Cuneiform..." He bit the end of the flashlight so he could use both hands to open his tablet to start translating what each button said it did. He found the button and pressed it, and nothing happened. "Maybe the generator's dead..." He muttered aloud, "...then why did the rings have enough power for us to come down here..." He looked up to their technology expert, "Seems more your kind of thing than mine."

"Something here is drawing..." Logan said coming up beside him to the console and examing the plethora of buttons. He was followed by Skorkowsky one of the marines Gen. Hammond had assigned the team as additional security. Looking over the consoled he saw one that resembled a crane on a riverbank. His hand raised to touch it.

"Not that one," Caleb grabbed his wrist stopping his finger from pressing the button by millimeters.

"Daria," Logan called out to his twin sister, "Call off the button brigade please!!!"

Caleb had Dr. Jackson's notes, "We need to find the tile of a tiger peering through the tall grass. That should be the one to activate the lights." It took a few seconds searching but eventually found it and pressed it. Nothing happened. "This should work."

"As I was saying something here is drawing a LOT of power..." Logan told him ducking down to connect one wire to one console and the other end to another. "And the systems are trying to fail so whatever it is the rings are important to it's continued function perhaps."
"Perhaps it was jury-rigged this way," Caleb mused, "I can't think of any other reason for it."

Logan was still moving from one console to the next hooking wires to the systems underneath. Using Earth technology that ran off electricity on alien technology that ran off an alien power source known as naqida seemed fraught with inevitable issues to him, but Logan seemed to have quite the knack for it for in a few moments he got the lights on the panels to come on with at least partial strength.

"Best I can do to I figure out more of the complex." He said raising back up to look over the fruits of his handiwork. "There is way more than just a few labs."

Caleb looked over the numerous tyles with cuneiform designs on them. Most were lit up pale blue, but a few were pulsing in wan red. He referred to Dr. Jackson's notes to decypher the meaning before saying, "Something definitely happened here...I think these mean this entire facility was in an emergency lockdown for some reason."

------------------------X

IC: Col. Elian Alvarez

This room was pretty big and filled with oddly shaped devices that looked unlike any Goa'uld technology the Colonel had ever seen, but that was obviously something for the squad's eggheads to figure out. If it was more complex than the engine of the old Chevy Impala his father had taught him to drive and maintain back in Miami it was well out of Elian's paygrade. In the pitch blackness it was hard to discern much detail of the devices, one reason getting the lights on was becoming priority one right now, but eventually he came to a wall and following that he came to an open doorway. The flashlight on his MP5 shone through it to a hallway about twenty or thirty yards long and emerged into T-shaped intersection.

"Lieutenant Logan," He announced, "Take Skorkowsky, Chin, and Davis to scout out this corridor." He turned to face her. She was a damned good soldier, followed orders, and had excellent instincts, with the right training she'd be an even better officer someday. "Not too far. Just to the intersection to have a look. Then report back what you see down there and wait for further orders, Understood?"

With that given he turned back to Logan and Archer and waited for the team's two eggheads to figure out which button was the damned lightswitch.

------------------------------------X

IC: Korren and Ashalim

Korren had the cargo vessel circling around the facility awaiting word from the humans of the Tau'ri for pickup. Ashalim groused about being nothing more than glorified chauffeurs during this mission, but Korren didn't mind. He actually liked these humans and was happy to lend a hand in this way. His new good friend Jacob Carter had regaled him of a fascinating society able to flourish completely untouched by the oppressive Goa'uld system lords. He wanted to learn more about them...particularly these "movies and television programs" that Jacob kept referring to.

A light on his console and a trilling sound broke him from his reverie. A laser battery? Targeting him? Where-?

He veered to starboard sharply narrowly missing getting a direct hit by a coruscating red beam from the surface. There were more laser batteries locking onto the ship. This was progressively getting more and more not-good by the second.

His hand reached up to the Tau're communication device he'd been given to them by Lieutenant Logan, something she called a "Talky Walky" and pressed the activation button on the side. "Colonel Alvarez, the ship is under attack from the lab's defense systems."

He wove through the fire of the multiple beams, but the cargo vessel was not a death glider. In evasive maneuvers it was rather slow and sluggish. It was an inevitable that one beam would strike the ship. "We're hit...we're crashing."

He narrowly missed colliding into the lab, but he managed to avoid it. Instead the ship crashed nosefirst into the sand dunes east of the lab.

Adam looked over at the Col.

The Marines couldn't handle her, but you... You seem to so far have a good balance with her. Thank you.

I heard that Adam.

Daria smirked walking away only to stop when she heard the ship was under fire and tensed. Every fiber said hunting down the source as she turned and looked at her brother.

Failsafe or are we not alone Adam?

Adam quickly moved between consoles lights came on and he kept seeming to dive in deeper into the system.

This building...

Four labs... At least one sleeping quarters... Standard dining facility... Other systems and... "contained death confinement sleep... Chamber"

Daria looked back after they got to the intersection.

Looking at the dining end of the hall left and another couple of doors on the hall to the right. What you just said sounds like a "prison sarcophagus" chamber possibly.

Adam nodded at that.

Makes sense as it's from best I can tell the only level below this one.

-------------
Yinra carefully left the control room and made her way to examine the crash and prepare to destroy any survivors. She looked around as she entered the desert and not seeing anyone lurking around she made her way to the downed ship carefully power spear in hand.

IC: Col. Elian Alvarez and Caleb Archer and Ashalim

With that given he turned back to Logan and Archer and waited for the team's two eggheads to figure out which button was the damned lightswitch.

Daria, gave a smirk and the Colonel gestured for the leathernecks to follow her during the recon down the corridor. The brother looked up to him and told him, "The Marines couldn't handle her, but you... You seem to so far have a good balance with her. Thank you."
"I heard that Adam,"
Called his sister back at him.

To him Elian groused roughly, "Lights...now...please?"

"I think it's this one..." Caleb pressed a tablet and the room was suddenly illuminated in a soft blue lighting.

Just then his radio came to life. It was Korren on the exfil out of this place. "Colonel Alvarez, the ship is under attack from the lab's defense systems."

His reaction was immediate. "Korren, you copy, can you get out of the system's range. Try and land somewhere outside it and give us time to find and shut the system down. Then you can-"

"We're hit...we're crashing." The somewhat matter-of-fact response, Damned Tok'ra had to always act so aloof even when their own lives were the ones on the line.

Daria, having heard this over her own radio put in, "Failsafe or are we not alone Adam?"

Her brother looked over the console carefully then his tablet. "This building...Four labs... At least one sleeping quarters... Standard dining facility... Other systems and.." He looked up at his sister in a shocked look on his face, "contained death confinement sleep... Chamber"
"Death confinement sleep?" Elian repeated his brain tripping over the contradictory terms.

Daria suggested over the comm, "What you just said sounds like a "prison sarcophagus" chamber possibly."

"Well that would be logical," The Colonel groused, "Why do they always go for the melodramatic when naming things?"

To his sister's suggestion the egghead twin nodded, "Makes sense as it's from best I can tell the only level below this one."

"Uh Colonel," Caleb interjected pointing towards a cuneiform block resembling a tiger leaping onto for an antelope. "This is the button to activate the defense systems...it wasn't on before just now...something or someone else triggered it just seconds ago...we might not be the only people here."

"Mierda," Elian swore activating his radio, "Did you get that Lieutenant? Be advised we may have active hostiles within the complex."

He turned around to Adam, "Find out where this death sarcophagus is in this place and tell your sister. That's probably whoever it is is here for."

Reaching up to the radio again, "Korren, do you copy?"

"We are here," Came the deeper voice used when Tok'ra's Goa'uld symbiote spoke for him. "Korren hit his head in the crash. I am attempting to get clear of it now, but I will need to lie down for some time. The swelling in Korren's brain will need all my attention if we are to survive."

"What's your location?" He asked him, "We could help..."

"Just west of the laboratory." Came the strained reply, "Focus on the mission. This ship is too damaged to ever fly again...We'll need another way to leave this planet...I must go now...I've found a hiding place to be safe...and heal Korren. Good luck to you and your team, Colonel Alvarez."

"And to you, mi companero," He sighed.

Yeah sorry, my ancient Persian is a little rusty.

Daria there is a single room one level down from here find a way to get down there.

Adam shrugged and moved to see if he could shut down or disable the system while Daria and her crew began a wide sweep of the rooms on that level looking for a way to get to the lower level.

Adam.continued working with the various consoles as more slowly came to life.

Six buildings in total in this oasis area. A city due west of here and one to the south. Map lay its they are not very big and one is way better powered than the other as most of the power that the labs use comes from there.

He rubbed his face this building is "condemned lab" for traitorous dark scholar... And the.... That can't be right... The great destroyer... human child...

Loose translations... References to Inanna... And a few other Persian "deities"

-------------

Yinra slowly crept up on the crash site and warily examined it for bodies or survivors.

IC: Col. Elian Alvarez and Caleb Archer

"Lieutenant, Adam got me into the 'prison sarcophagus' file in the complex computers..." Caleb radioed skimming through page after page of cuneiform notes, hundreds of them, of whatever psycho researcher did this. "Apparently the Goauld that ran this project was obsessed over making a superior host and symbiote bond...down to their DNA....her failure rate was horrifyingly high...Most of the surrounding desert was turned into mass graves of her dead test subjects...But she finally made one host and Goauld hybrid that survived what she called the conversion process...But something went wrong...it went berserk on her...they had to seal her away and write off the entire complex here..."

He turned to Adam, "Got anything on locating whoever turned the defense system on?"

Col. Alvarez picked up the radio next, "Lieutenant go scout out this lab, but be smart. We still haven't identified if there's any hostiles here. And maintain radio contact. And tell the jarheads not to touch anything that might blow up in their faces. Copy?"

"Lieutenant, Adam got me into the 'prison sarcophagus' file in the complex computers..." Caleb radioed skimming through page after page of cuneiform notes, hundreds of them, of whatever psycho researcher did this. "Apparently the Goauld that ran this project was obsessed over making a superior host and symbiote bond...down to their DNA....her failure rate was horrifyingly high...Most of the surrounding desert was turned into mass graves of her dead test subjects...But she finally made one host and Goauld hybrid that survived what she called the conversion process...But something went wrong...it went berserk on her...they had to seal her away and write off the entire complex here..."

He turned to Adam, "Got anything on locating whoever turned the defense system on?"

Col. Alvarez picked up the radio next, "Lieutenant go scout out this lab, but be smart. We still haven't identified if there's any hostiles here. And maintain radio contact. And tell the jarheads not to touch anything that might blow up in their faces. Copy?"

Daria found a way down to the room.

Well there is a bioscan door here so set it off or no? Base defenses already active I say we go for it.

She paused a moment

Adam... I can confirm the child report from your findings up there. Inanna was the Persian Goddess wanting a child... They found an infant... Even their human followers knew nothing about the child found in the deserts of earth. Inanna went against the others and took the child as her own.

This reads like a mother mourning a loss.

Adam was busy trying to figure out if there was any life on the planet at all and clearly someone had wanted any files protected. Dragging a hand over his face in frustration.

I vote do it sis if there is anyone here it should send them out way because there is no one but us in this building and we have control of the power here what little there is. I can't redirect any power from that room.

Last edited:
IC: Caleb Archer and Col. Elian Alvarez

It took a moment for her to confirm his orders, but Lieutenant Logan was a good soldier. She was already on task. After encountering a bio-scanning door and conferring with her egghead brother. He turned to Archer and Logan still poking and prodding at the console as if it would give them the key for this entire installation any second now.

"What do you have, guys," He asked them.

Caleb looked up from the tablet he was using to translate all the goa'uld information in the console. "This was some sort of black site, Colonel. For some kind of unethical genetics experimentation that even other Goa'uld would object to." He glanced back down, "According to this after failing so many times the goa'uld that ran this lab finally succeeded in it, but something went terribly wrong and had to abandon and quarantine this entire planet."

--------------------X

IC: Ashalim and Korren

Ashalim was busy healing the bleeding and swelling brain of his host and partner's body. He had stumbled korren's body to a small outcropping near the facility as their attacker searched through the wreckage of the crashed cargo vessel. There was a sheltered little nook he slid into. Here he hoped they would not be found until he was able to heal his poor host's injuries completely.

It seemed Ashalim had hoped in vain. Their attacker had found their tracks and followed them to his hiding place. He was dragged out of the hidey hole and his glowing eyes opened at the business end of a staff weapon pointing straight at his face.

Their attacker was a woman, but with a marking of a Goa'uld master on her forehead he did not recognize right away and he knew them all. He lay there helpless the life of his host hung in the balance, his own long life hung with him. "Jaffah, do not fire. I surrender. I am your prisoner."

She nodded to her team and all 4 opened the door slowly when she saw a rippled flash in the console. Getting the door open they sought a way to keep it open and as if on cue an alarm roared to life.

She opened fire on the panel just inside the door and outside of the door which began arcing before it went dead.

Okay brother that should hopefully give you more power to work with. One sarcophagus center of the room ornate very clearly Persian and more proof this was some child possibly Inanna clearly went against someone to transform this one.

Her head tilted. As she studied him...

You are Goauld... But not of My Goddess. Who are you?.

She stood her ground studying him. There was something off about him then in the distance an trill alarm sounded as she tensed growling at him.

Who is here with you?. Why have they come here?

IC: Caleb Archer and Col. Elian Alvarez

Caleb looked up from the tablet he was using to translate all the goa'uld information in the console. "This was some sort of black site, Colonel. For some kind of unethical genetics experimentation that even other Goa'uld would object to." He glanced back down, "According to this after failing so many times the goa'uld that ran this lab finally succeeded in it, but something went terribly wrong and had to abandon and quarantine this entire planet."

The lieutenant called over the radio that she had bypassed the door to get past it, but the problem was an alarm started to sound, and even more alarming was the information scrolling past on the console.

Caleb took the radio from Logan, "Woah there. You just set off a ton of security routines, Lieutenant. Proceed with caution. Don't just booby into any booby traps in there, okay?"

He then turned to the Colonel, "It's a good bet that alarm's letting any remaining gaurds know just where we are?"

----------------------X-------------------

Their attacker was a woman, but with a marking of a Goa'uld master on her forehead he did not recognize right away and he knew them all. He lay there helpless the life of his host hung in the balance, his own long life hung with him. "Jaffah, do not fire. I surrender. I am your prisoner."

To that her head tilted curiously, "You are Goauld... But not of My Goddess. Who are you?"

"I am Ashalim. This host's name is Korren." He stated pointing at his head. He was hoping he could just get the conversation to continue long enough for a chance of rescue from his human comrades to rescue him.

An alarm sounded and he saw her tense looking into the ancient facility and then back down to him. "Who is here with you? Why have they come here?"

"Peace Jaffah. We mean no harm. They are friends. Do not fire." His hand began to drift towards the zaq'niqtal ar his hip.

Daria rolled her eyes but continued to study the room and translate what she could.

Inanna's "daughter" drank away the symbiote. One being... destroyer... madness... They literally from what I am seeing believed this child would be the destroyer of all Goauld life and beyond. What the hell do they mean drank away?

Logan listened to his sister as he continued to try to see how many possible enemies were around them. I am not picking up on anyone but us in this lab complex the records about the two cities pretty much leave them as deserted.... hold it...A small clan of Jaffah were left behind to care for the destroyer and prevent anyone from helping her escape.
---------
She tensed rattling out the orders hammered into her very soul from childhood.

No one is to release the destroyer... the child... no one can free the destroyer... have to watch over her. Must protect Goddess daughter.

Hearing Caleb's and Logan's words Col. Alvarez swore lifting his hand to the comm, "Proceed with caution, Lieutenant. Be advised enemy hostiles may be Jaffah."

Caleb was looking over the codes scrolling past Logan's tablet and suddenly pointed at one. "There. That looks like an authentication to a security protocol, yeah?"

"Whoa, Lieutenant freeze wherever you are, right now!" After Logan's confirmation he nodded saying over the comm. "There should be a sarcophagus within the chamber. Stay fifteen meters from it. The walls are littered with Zat'niqital weapons, and they'll fire on anyone who approaches it. Copy?"

"There should be a console on one of the walls." He told her pointing out the schematic of the room, "We can guide you through the sequence to disable it."

-----------------------X-------------

Hearing the alarms his Jaffah captor tensed looking back towards the facility. "No one is to release the destroyer... the child... no one can free the destroyer..." She repeated anxiously glancing back to him and then back to the lab, "Have to watch over her. Must protect Goddess daughter."

He needed to lay down and allow himself time to properly heal Korren's swelling brain. He was running out of time.

"Peace," Ashalim repeated raising both hands and holding the Zat out for her to take hoping luck would be with him in this, "We know nothing of this destroyer, but it sounds dangerous..." He pulled the humans' Talkie-Walkie from his shoulder and offered it to her. "We use this device to communicate with each other. If we are making a grave mistake in releasing this destroyer. Tell them to cease. I shall be your hostage."

----------------------X---------------------

Elsewhere in the depths of space, there drifted a Goa'uld mothership. It was smaller and far older than the ones used by the system lords now, but still functional, and a signal from a planet it once visited centuries before was received. This kickstarted several automatic responses. One such was the activation of a sarcophagus on board, and the revival of theh Goa'uld scientist that ran the experiments on that research facility now being breached.

Daria paused her team.

Guide me then let's see what the big deal is with a "kid".

Her mind was also still sorting out how the child could have "drank away the symbiote" much less if it's a kid why were they so afraid of it?

Her brother piped up seeing more of the file.

Um... yeah definately be careful sis according to this the child tore through several Jaffa before they could use the lab itself to contain its power and gain any ability to seal it away. A couple more references to not understanding how it drank away the symbiote and the complete change from peace to destroyer.

--------
She took the strange device and studying it began talking to it as he directed.

Do not release Goddesses daughter. You can not release destroyer...

Last edited:
Back