Another movie thread: this time name a good movie that you like.

Fracture - Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling - Two fine actors! Perfectly suspenseful and keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering if the murderer will get away with it!

Outstanding. Gosling is good. Hopkins is Hopkins--unmatched by any other living actor.

rj

Norbit - because years ago my brother and I agreed everyone was allowed one shitty comedy movie that no one else liked but they still got to play it. Mine was Norbit. His was American Dreamz...ugh.

And for anyone who went to public schools in the south...because Rasputia

Last edited:
I like "The Princess Bride".
It was a long time before that got anywhere near me, and a couple of friends were puzzled as to why I ignored the joke references, but eventually, it emerged on my TV at a time I found convenient so I recorded it.
I'm glad I did.

I like "The Princess Bride".
It was a long time before that got anywhere near me, and a couple of friends were puzzled as to why I ignored the joke references, but eventually, it emerged on my TV at a time I found convenient so I recorded it.
I'm glad I did.
That's a great movie that I didn't appreciate until I was an adult. I heard Mandy Patinkin being interviewed a while back, said with all the action scenes, sword fights, etc. his only injury was bruised ribs from trying not to laugh at Billy Crystal.

That's a great movie that I didn't appreciate until I was an adult. I heard Mandy Patinkin being interviewed a while back, said with all the action scenes, sword fights, etc. his only injury was bruised ribs from trying not to laugh at Billy Crystal.

Cary Elwes recently published a book "As You Wish" about the making of that film. Well worth reading. It's a terrible shame Andre died so young, he was an amazing guy.

Better that than the other way around :)
I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend.

1. So I assume you watched Ghost-Busters this weekend, how was it?

2. I watched Star-trek Beyond this weekend, I thought it was a good film. Star-trek Beyond showcases the USS Enterprise crew as a cohesive unit, it's a mature film in contrast to the last two. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

PS: Simon Pegg did a great job writing it.

1. So I assume you watched Ghost-Busters this weekend, how was it?

2. I watched Star-trek Beyond this weekend, I thought it was a good film. Star-trek Beyond showcases the USS Enterprise crew as a cohesive unit, it's a mature film in contrast to the last two. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

PS: Simon Pegg did a great job writing it.

Gb v2 got slated in my paper.

Seven samurai.
gory as hell, but a damned good film.
Sanjiro (chrysanthemum).
The fight is terrific.
13 Assassins.
Another classic.

is this an, "i bet u didnt know?" thread?

The Sound of Music. I absolutely love, love, love everyhing abt this movie.

Did anyone mention Midnight Cowboy? No? Well, I will.

A friend of mine says: 'Yeah, but it's an art house film.' She's probably right. But so what? I watched it again recently and, yes, there are some clunky bits. But, overall, it works very well. I still got a bit emotional when Ratso didn't quite make it to Florida. (Oh, damn. Is that a spoiler?) And the music is still terrific.

Do yourself a favour: give it another watch. (Or maybe a first watch.) :)

1. No country for old men, is one of the most intense movies I've ever scene. The assassin was like a human version of the terminator.

2. Javier Bardem's performance was incredible.

1. Papillon
2. Cool Hand Luke
3. Midnight Express
4. Alien
5. Blade Runner - Director's Cut
6. The Abyss
7. My Darling Clementine
8. Tombstone
9. Singin' In The Rain
10. On The Beach

1. Papillon
2. Cool Hand Luke
3. Midnight Express
4. Alien
5. Blade Runner - Director's Cut
6. The Abyss
7. My Darling Clementine
8. Tombstone
9. Singin' In The Rain
10. On The Beach

Tombstone? Yes. I forgot about that one. Maybe I will have to dust off the DVD player this weekend.

3:10 to Yuma (the Russell Crowe version) might have to be added to the list too.

Did anyone mention Midnight Cowboy? No? Well, I will.

A friend of mine says: 'Yeah, but it's an art house film.' She's probably right. But so what? I watched it again recently and, yes, there are some clunky bits. But, overall, it works very well. I still got a bit emotional when Ratso didn't quite make it to Florida. (Oh, damn. Is that a spoiler?) And the music is still terrific.

Do yourself a favour: give it another watch. (Or maybe a first watch.) :)

When I first started working in the very tiny library in my little village, some well-intentioned, but not very well-read, person filed the novel "Midnight Cowboy" in with the westerns.

When I first started working in the very tiny library in my little village, some well-intentioned, but not very well-read, person filed the novel "Midnight Cowboy" in with the westerns.

Hey, an honest mistake. :)

Back