Your Food Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anigif_enhanced-31334-1414787794-36.gif

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA..next time I cook octopus --no wait it's a squid! - I will remember that!

Not leftovers here, so I'm prepping cross cut beef shanks for the slow cooker.

Last edited:
The hash was great. The shank and noodles looks pretty tasty.

Off to Moosestooth for pizza with the extended fam. The food will be good.

Couldn't eat much. It was super rich. I used red wine, beef broth, Rosemary, garlic, onions, celery and an aged balsamic.

Enjoy the teeth!

Looks like newer construction. Is it a fairly new joint?

I want to hit a new spot tomorrow, but the looming snowstorm may change my plans for me.

They took over the building that used to be The BBQ Pit. Then, added on several time. They make good food and some great beers. Hard to go wrong.

They took over the building that used to be The BBQ Pit. Then, added on several time. They make good food and some great beers. Hard to go wrong.

Sounds good. I had some good beer when I was home for Thanksgiving, and pick up some neat beers to auction off at an event I am doing in December. Odd craft beers always bring in good money.

Sounds good. I had some good beer when I was home for Thanksgiving, and pick up some neat beers to auction off at an event I am doing in December. Odd craft beers always bring in good money.

When the out of town relatives were enjoying the short ribs I cooked for them, and had their glasses full of the pisswater that they brought with them, I pulled out a bottle of Gluttony, by Midnight Sun. It is indeed on of the seven deadly sins at 10.5% and 200 IBU. It stood up well with the smoked BBQed meat.

I just picked up some of the most beautiful looking artichokes I've seen in a long time.

Time to get one of these for the AKORN.

iq110_500.gif

Alton Brown says, "It's so cool."

Today I made green beans, chick peas and toor dahl. :D
I'm taking a break with a creamy foamy topped latte and a quinoa cookie.
Next I'm putting together a garden salad.....and cooking basmati rice.
Gluten free brownies are already made...
And there's butter scotch snapps for the hot chocolate...
Today is a very dark, rainy and overcast day....
The yellow pears and red apples add colour to the table...
Plus, the bunch of multi coloured carnations look so lively. :rose:

Today I made green beans, chick peas and toor dahl. :D
I'm taking a break with a creamy foamy topped latte and a quinoa cookie.
Next I'm putting together a garden salad.....and cooking basmati rice.
Gluten free brownies are already made...
And there's butter scotch snapps for the hot chocolate...
Today is a very dark, rainy and overcast day....
The yellow pears and red apples add colour to the table...
Plus, the bunch of multi coloured carnations look so lively. :rose:

Sounds like quite the feast. Yum.

Bison short ribs with a drippings and onion gravy, stuffing because it's so tasty and asparagus because it's green...it's what's for dinner...

DE44BD5D-D6CF-4325-A22E-57A96EC4ED88_zpszhvtlxyo.jpg

I rarely go to Pizza Hut. But tonight I did.
The cool jazz on the sound system, the mood lighting, the comfortable padded lounge I was shown to.

The cold Corona beer with a slice of lemon.

Clam chowder with mushroom soup topped with a puff pastry.

Real soup spoon! (I have been given dessert spoons before!)

And the pizza - a medium sized pan. Real crab meat wrapped in a slice of bacon with orange crab roe, and prawns, plus the usual other toppings (green pepper, mushroom, onion, pineapple, mozzarella).

Delicious! I took the unfinished slices home for lunch tomorrow. Cost? 150 rmb (about $ 35).

Fluff a Nutter pancakes, a tastey experiment

20151205_182938-1_zps49z4qwah.jpg

Fruity pebbles added to the batter too. Fruity, Sweet, Marshmallow, Peanut Buttery, gooey goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back