Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: retreat; situation excellent

impressive said:
Fochin' A!

You win tonight's prize. (Check with vella for details.) :D

oh and the details i could give!
however, im not a wine aficionado but i know alot about dark beers...

I forgot to leg it BEFORE my dog lept out of the bath. I now have soaking wet legs, but a very happy, bouncy dog. He LOVES water and we do "splish-splash" as often as possible. He doesn't seem to understand that he can't have too many baths, though (cos of the unbalancing of natural oils in his skin), and if I forget to fully shut the bathroom door when I'm in the bath, it has been known for the gert lump to leap in there with me. :rolleyes:

Lou :D

Wish I were here:

tioramI.jpg

McKenna said:
Ooooooh, she's bilingual.

Tri - I can speak purrrrrrr too. :devil:

vella - shut up meanieheadslut, you weren't complaining when I was spelling it out on you.

or here, maybe?

(I've actually been here, but just for a visit)

sept_01_29.jpeg

The castle is Tioram, in the western highlands of Scotland. My husband and I were there for our honeymoon three years ago. We plan to go back on our five year anniversary (to Scotland) and every subsequent 5 year anniversary (10, 15, 20, etc.) I was looking through pictures of our trip, and realized how much I enjoyed myself and would like to go back.

Where's your castle?

Blurt: I'd like to retire to Scotland. Must sell novels first, must sell novels first. :)

It's Egeskov Castle in Odense, Denmark, and is absolutely gorgeous - sitting on the water like that. It's also remarkably well preserved - still has all the formal gardens, etc.

I was made very aware of how young our country actually is while I was there.

I've never been to Scotland, but maybe one day....

Blurt: So many places to see, so little time and money. *sigh*

McKenna said:
The castle is Tioram, in the western highlands of Scotland. My husband and I were there for our honeymoon three years ago. We plan to go back on our five year anniversary (to Scotland) and every subsequent 5 year anniversary (10, 15, 20, etc.) I was looking through pictures of our trip, and realized how much I enjoyed myself and would like to go back.

Where's your castle?

Blurt: I'd like to retire to Scotland. Must sell novels first, must sell novels first. :)

Is that the castle on the bank of Loch Ness? If so, I've been there, too! I was about four when I went, but I remember it so clearly. It was August of 1977, and I'll never forget what I thought of that castle (or one very much like it) as we approached. I thought there would be a dragon in there! My brother said he'd protect me. :)

Lou

Tatelou said:
Is that the castle on the bank of Loch Ness? If so, I've been there, too! I was about four when I went, but I remember it so clearly. It was August of 1977, and I'll never forget what I thought of that castle (or one very much like it) as we approached. I thought there would be a dragon in there! My brother said he'd protect me. :)

Lou

:) It's actually on an islet in Loch Moidart, nearer to the sea than Loch Ness.

I think castles incite the imagination. I'm actually using Tioram as the setting for my next story, which I've just begun. I thought it was just an American thing to be fascinated with castles, since we don't have any here in the U.S.

McKenna said:
:) It's actually on an islet in Loch Moidart, nearer to the sea than Loch Ness.

I think castles incite the imagination. I'm actually using Tioram as the setting for my next story, which I've just begun. I thought it was just an American thing to be fascinated with castles, since we don't have any here in the U.S.

Ah, yes, I can see it's on an islet now!

That will be a wonderful setting. Nah, I think most people are fascinated with castles, especially little girls. :)

So today is another day of being dizzy (yes, more than normal)then I see all these castles which confused me even more.

I love castles too, don't want one, I'll just visit everyone else's.

cloudy said:
It's Egeskov Castle in Odense, Denmark, and is absolutely gorgeous - sitting on the water like that. It's also remarkably well preserved - still has all the formal gardens, etc.

I was made very aware of how young our country actually is while I was there.

I've never been to Scotland, but maybe one day....

Been there too.
Stayed in Odense for a week many years ago, first year I was married.
Magical place.
(For the record, pronounced Oonsa)

I voted for Kerry. It is the first time I've ever voted for a democrat. Choke on that, Amicus.

matriarch said:
Been there too.
Stayed in Odense for a week many years ago, first year I was married.
Magical place.
(For the record, pronounced Oonsa)

To me, anyway, the entire country is a magical place. Absolutely loved it, and still hope to go back one day....

*sigh*

cloudy said:
To me, anyway, the entire country is a magical place. Absolutely loved it, and still hope to go back one day....

*sigh*

Couldn't agree more. Been a couple of times, and just loved it.

Up until I was 27, I livee in a town on the East Coast of England, which had a direct ferry connection with Esbjerg. 18 hours of hell across the North Sea in the wrong weather, including the Dogger Bank, one of the roughest stretches of water around the British Isles. The second time I went it was in November. The wrong weather.

I have never felt so ill in all my life. I am not a good sailor, made worse by the fear, as I can't swim. It was an overnight crossing, very rough, and on deck the next morning while I was hanging over the siderail, the waves were so big, the small 8-man fishing boats that work in the Dogger Bank area, were disappearing in the well of the waves. *shudder*.

I try not to dwell on the journey, merely on the joy I felt at the place. But occasionally it all washes back over me.

At least to visit Scotland, which is an ambition yet to be fulfilled, I just have to drive there. No overnight ferry journey from hell.

:)

McKenna said:
I voted for Kerry. It is the first time I've ever voted for a democrat. Choke on that, Amicus.

ROFLMAO

You're my hero, Mac. :rose:

I want to see how long I can maintain my composure while delivering a speech and being serviced by someone that was hiding beneath the podium.

:eek:

~lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back