Question

How soon do you answer or reply to your messages?

If it's something short, right away. If it's a long PM to somebody I've been writing with for a while, I like to take my time. Also depends on whether you know the person is online or not.

I tend to log on and off a lot - so if I see them I'll try to respond.

On the other hand, I don't get a lot of them, so management is very easy... :rolleyes:

And if I know i'm going to be away from Lit for an extended period, I turn them off.

The sooner the better, some people aren't on all the time. They might not see the reply in a timely manner.

Completely unrelated and I doubt you're really Michelle Phan...but I love watching her make up tutorials!! Why did you chose this name?

And to answer your question...immediately.

Completely unrelated and I doubt you're really Michelle Phan...but I love watching her make up tutorials!! Why did you chose this name?

i'm going to put that to test :p

As soon as I receive it, which sometimes may be a day or two.

On the bright side Rosie...28 more posts for an AV!! Should get there this weekend.

When I'm in one pm, 95% of the time I know there will be more than one new one I have to answer that was sent while I'm writing another. So the other ones get pushed down.

I try to then answer the ones I'm already in conversation with and leave the other ones unread.

When I've answered all the new pms for convos in progress...then I answer the new ones in the list. :cattail:

On the bright side Rosie...28 more posts for an AV!! Should get there this weekend.

I JUST noticed! Haha thanks for pointing that out! Woohoo I've waited so long for this (upcoming) day!

Also, i thought this thread meant answering to TEXT messages, which is immediately

PM's depend on the length and message content

As soon as I can as long as it is respectful. Yes, men don't like rude PM's either. Or at least this one does not.

I JUST noticed! Haha thanks for pointing that out! Woohoo I've waited so long for this (upcoming) day!

Also, i thought this thread meant answering to TEXT messages, which is immediately

PM's depend on the length and message content

you didn't answer me :mad:

liar liar pants on fire :p

As soon as I see them.
When I log on, glancing up at my unread PM count (which is typically at 0 due to a lack of PMs) is the first thing I do.

If I don't see it there, I'll see it immediately on my User CP, which is the second thing I do after logging on.

So, yeah, as soon as I log on or as soon as I get them provided I already happen to be online.

Usually as soon as possible. But I also ignore quite a few. Some just aren't worth the time.

I'm unlike y'all. I usually don't reply until I'm in the right frame of mind to answer with an appropriate response... Sometimes, that can mean a few minutes... other times, it's days and weeks. Depends on whether I've been in an ongoing conversation with 'em or not, too, and what that conversation is about. I'm way late w/one reply to someone because I want to reply honestly and thoughtfully, but I haven't figured out what I want to say, yet.
Sometimes, I procrastinate so long, I forget to reply at all. I'd say I consciously
ignore 1 in 8... PM's, if that. The rest, I'm just flakey, about.

I'm unlike y'all. I usually don't reply until I'm in the right frame of mind to answer with an appropriate response... Sometimes, that can mean a few minutes... other times, it's days and weeks. Depends on whether I've been in an ongoing conversation with 'em or not, too, and what that conversation is about. I'm way late w/one reply to someone because I want to reply honestly and thoughtfully, but I haven't figured out what I want to say, yet.
Sometimes, I procrastinate so long, I forget to reply at all. I'd say I consciously
some things are just better when they're flakey.. :heart:
img_0929.JPG

Generally immediately

Although quite often I'll read a PM just as I'm about to log off and so I'll respond when I log back in

Although not all PMs demand a response, sometimes they're the last part of an interaction or the end of a conversation

This would be me.

There are times I get a deluge of PMs and I can't keep up.
I don't want to spend the short time I have at times on here just in my PM box.
Let's say I get about thirty from the time I logged off until I logged in again.
Well, I want to goof off a bit on the boards and then start answering. I may run out of time to respond and then in the meantime I am getting more PMs. Then I start having a conversation in PMs with a couple of people, so I am multitasking on here while I am multitasking in the physical life, so it takes me even longer then.

I almost always appreciate the PMs I receive and I am making a concentrated effort to answer more promptly.

Back