Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose brilliant idea was it to design cars that automatically lock as soon as you shut the drivers' side door while the engine is running even if it's in park? Seriously, I'd like to know who thought that was a good idea. 'Cause I'll personally have them drawn and quartered.

Whose brilliant idea was it to design cars that automatically lock as soon as you shut the drivers' side door while the engine is running even if it's in park? Seriously, I'd like to know who thought that was a good idea. 'Cause I'll personally have them drawn and quartered.

Had this happen at the airport once... and I was being dropped off by my father. I had to leave him there with a locked, idling vehicle while I ran to catch my plane. *shakes head*

I'm with you 100%, Kat...:mad:

He or she works for one of the three characters who flew in their private jets to beg Congress for money. No money for proper engineering, you understand. Must have lots of jet fuel.

Had this happen at the airport once... and I was being dropped off by my father. I had to leave him there with a locked, idling vehicle while I ran to catch my plane. *shakes head*

I'm with you 100%, Kat...:mad:

It's absolutely ridiculous, isn't it? It happened to a co-worker of mine awhile back, but he's such a moron who makes excuses for everything that at the time I thought he must have locked it himself and didn't want us to know. So it happened to me today and I got stranded for two hours at a hotel...which wouldn't have been all that bad if all my stuff hadn't also been locked inside.

So if anybody has the name(s) of whoever came up with that little gem, let us know so we can hunt them down.

*sings praises for Toyota*

My key fob has an RFID chip in it. The car flatly refuses to stay locked if the key fob is inside and no one is in the driver's seat. I can't lock my keys in my car if I try. It even beeps and flashes the headlights to catch my attention before I walk away. I love my car. :)

My father's car, on the other hand, locked itself in front of the airport once, in the no parking zone, with my luggage inside. :( I'll help you draw and quarter that designer.

Last edited:
On the positive side, I feel far less embarrassed about that self-locking incident now that I know its not just me...

-sigh- I could really use the mental break the gathering would offer...yet...not sure iffin I can afford it...damnit >.<

I GOT MY GREEN CARD!!

It came in the mail today. I'm officially a permanent resident of the US now. :D

It took so much fucking work and effort and money, and I'm so relieved I finally got it.

I GOT MY GREEN CARD!!

It came in the mail today. I'm officially a permanent resident of the US now. :D

It took so much fucking work and effort and money, and I'm so relieved I finally got it.

Yay!!!! We get to keep Jen! :D

I GOT MY GREEN CARD!!

Yay Jen!

Nice clothes pins ;)

__

I want chocolate. Cadbury cream eggs would be delicious right now.

I GOT MY GREEN CARD!!

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you! This must be a lucky week for you! :)

Yes, things do seem to be going better all of a sudden, don't they? :) I'm almost worried because I feel like something has to go wrong again soon. :rolleyes:

Congratulations.

As for that other shoe dropping....I predict that one of your clothespins is going to snap off and attach itself to someone's nose.

I absolutely loathe having to be a pusher. I'd rather just do the damned chores myself.

My 5 year old sister is teaching me to love classical music. Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake and Sugar Plum Fairy are just beautiful...i knew that before, but i am actually properly listening to them now...

Time to shut down the computer and doublecheck my packing. I don't want to end up in Vegas short a bunch of stuff...

*hyperventilating* 2 of my application pack thingies are completely ready...i'm shitting myself about even giving it in. I wanted to do this a month ago, but i got held up- partly because of a referee, partly because i was shitting myself and procreastinated...

*tries to breathe* i'm still scared, but once i hand it over, there is nothing i can do about it- so now i just need to hand it over...*sobs*

[whine]

I'm tired, cranky, did I mention tired? Heating hasn't worked at all since yesterday no matter what we try. Thankfully we have an oil filled radiator we can float around to warm the house a little for the munchkin, but damn damn damn it would wait till it gets colder again.

I'd better get back to clearing anywhere they need to be at to try and fix it when they come. *sighs*

[/whine]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back