Under the Boardwalk: Summer Poetry Contest

*sputtering* I'm sure I did no such thing......:eek:.....:eek: if I did it's because I'm really a sexist and thought no mere female could write so well.

:heart:

Just a little over a week left to submit entries. We already have a great selection of erotic summer poems, but I'm greedy: I want more. Keep em coming folks!

What's the count now or is that secret?

We have 12 entries so far. And five days to go so we may get a few more. Some people like to wait to the last day to send them in. We already have enough for a semi-final and then final voting round. :)

We have 12 entries so far. And five days to go so we may get a few more. Some people like to wait to the last day to send them in. We already have enough for a semi-final and then final voting round. :)

planning on sending mine in soon

once i write it :eek: :eek:

My one year anniversary here on Lit. this month, seems like I've been waiting that long to see the contest posts.........:(

My one year anniversary here on Lit. this month, seems like I've been waiting that long to see the contest posts.........:(

First Anniversary is Paper I think, so I bestow upon you an empty notebook in which to scribble thoughts and one liners that may become useful in your future poetry :)

happy anniversary, harry! that's gone by in a blink :eek:

Seems yours is due too! This is what I came up with but don't hold your breath for the jewellery lol

4th Anniversary

Traditional: Linen

Modern: Electrical appliances

Flower: Geranium

Gem: Amethyst or topaz

Last edited:
Two days to go

and we currently have 15 entries. If you plan to submit remember we can accept entries up until midnight Pacific Standard Time on July 16th. Good luck everyone!

First Anniversary is Paper I think, so I bestow upon you an empty notebook in which to scribble thoughts and one liners that may become useful in your future poetry :)
Thank you, very kind. perhaps light will fall from my cracks to the page, a smile is returned for the gift, a finger is raised in salute and acknowledgement, I will never skydive though my eyes may dive into the sky.

happy anniversary, harry! that's gone by in a blink :eek:
Blame Annie for this anniversary gift.
On butters 4th

Place setting on linen
appetizer pink and tart
floral centerpiece
B.O.B. buzzes like a bee
among Geranium petals
Amethyst tears, Topaz cries
next course

Seems yours is due too! This is what I came up with but don't hold your breath for the jewellery lol

4th Anniversary: Linen/electricals/geranium/amethyst
thanks, annie :D

and we currently have 15 entries. If you plan to submit remember we can accept entries up until midnight Pacific Standard Time on July 16th. Good luck everyone!
submitting mine tomorrow - it's about done, but i want to take a last look over it, especially since it's not at all the one i intended to write :rolleyes:

Blame Annie for this anniversary gift.
On butters 4th

Place setting on linen
appetizer pink and tart
floral centerpiece
B.O.B. buzzes like a bee
among Geranium petals
Amethyst tears, Topaz cries
next course
aw, thanks, both of you :kiss:
(psst. what's B.O.B?)

thanks, annie :D

submitting mine tomorrow - it's about done, but i want to take a last look over it, especially since it's not at all the one i intended to write :rolleyes:

aw, thanks, both of you :kiss:
(psst. what's B.O.B?)

They never are, are they? I've decided I write poems like I bowl, with a left curve. I think they're going straight to the point but then they swerve off somewhere else. :cool:

They never are, are they? I've decided I write poems like I bowl, with a left curve. I think they're going straight to the point but then they swerve off somewhere else. :cool:

so long as they work, you could bowl googlies ms Angeline :D

since you announced this competition, i've had first one, then a second really (i thought) solid idea to write around. when it came down to it, they went into hiding and a third appeared from who knows where. i just need to take a hammer to a certain image that's driving me bonkers. ;)

so long as they work, you could bowl googlies ms Angeline :D

since you announced this competition, i've had first one, then a second really (i thought) solid idea to write around. when it came down to it, they went into hiding and a third appeared from who knows where. i just need to take a hammer to a certain image that's driving me bonkers. ;)

Well it'll be welcomed with open arms (and a little sigh cuz on the 16th I have to get them all sorted and set up the first voting threads). I have not written one (I can't compete), but feel a bit guilty about it. :eek:

But if Angeline bowled with a left curve it would'nt be a googly or even a bosie, but a chinaman.:D

I know it's English but uh...what? :D

Poets, we currently have 16 submissions. If you are still planning to submit a contest entry, remember there is a 40 line limit. If your poem has longish lines the pm box margins will break them up and make your poem appear longer, often over 40 lines. More important, I will not know where your lines are supposed to break so I can't fix it without your help. If this is an issue with your submission, I'll ask you to resubmit your poem with slash marks indicating where each line ends, like this:

This is the longest line I've ever written in a poem and I want to break it here/
And this one is shorter, but please break it here/
And then we got under the boardwalk where no one could see us/
She was wearing an itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini/

You get the idea. If you don't do that by the deadline (tonight at midnight Pacific Standard Time), I will have to assume a poem is over 40 lines and, thus, can't be in the contest.

If you submitted an entry and did not get a response from The Poets asking you to put the slashes in and resubmit your entry, there is not an issue with your poem and you are all set for the contest.

But if Angeline bowled with a left curve it would'nt be a googly or even a bosie, but a chinaman.:D

I'm quoting myself for Angeline's benefit.

A googly a bosie or a chinaman are all cricketing terms:

1 If a right handed slow bowler spins the ball so that it turns from left to right on pitching, that's called a leg break. If the bowler twists his hand around so that the ball comes out of the back of his hand it will turn from right to left, that's called a googly and is considered the height of cunning. In Australia the googly is called a bosie (after its inventor Bernard Bosanquet)

2. If a left hander tries to bowl with a googly action the final result spins the opposite way to the googly and this, a chinaman if successful, is almost unplayable.

If you are really interested I'll also explain what a yorker, leg cutter, off cutter, bouncer, beamer and seamer are!

I do however draw the line at explaining in-swing, out-swing and particularly reverse-swing which though it is hard to believe was first taught to innocent Englishmen by an American called John Bart King.

Back to the poetry perhaps.:D

Back