Bethothed.....

Ian listened to what she said and smiled. She was at least willing to ask. He could then go and convince her father. He would explain to him how he had been spying on the scots and now he had nothing to do. He just needed something to do to occupy himself. He would insist on not getting paid anything and just doing what was needed. He was quite sure that any businessman, when asked by his daughter and then given an opportunity for free work, would accept it. At least that was what Ian hoped. He would do his best to make himself look perfect for what he was asking.

Ian nodded to Adewen and smiled. "Ok, that is great. We will go to the city for a day or two and send a message to your father saying we are going to visit him. When we get there you can ask him for me. I can meet with him after. If he does not accept, we will just think of something else to do. You can show me around some nice places that you know of." He looked at her, hoping that his suggestion would make her happy.
 
as you wish.. Adewen said quietly in agreement wondering what he was about but not asking for fear he would change his mind if she became too suspicious and send her elsewhere. when do we go ? she asked wanting to be sure to have time to pack and tidy the cabin back up for whomever he had borrowed it from.

Part of her was happy and excited to see her family again and another nervous and afraid what if she made a mistake, and slipped up...

which would be worse telling her family the truth and facing their anger for finding out she had married a scot's spy or not telling them and remaining a silent betrayer to her country .. no matter she would not betray her husbend.. not on purpose.

She looked around the cottage wishing they didnt have to leave but knowing the world and there fates awaited them beyond.
 
Last edited:
Before they left on there journy her husbends friend and fellow scot the one she had met when Ian had captured and wed her arrived, bringing news of Ians family and wishing to speak with him in privet.

Adewen excused herself to allow them to talk and went for a walk outside.. the day was warm and felt hevenly. She allowed what she thought a decent amount of time to pass before returning but paused before entering.. she didnt mean to evesdrop but hearing her name cused her pause...

Adewen still has no idea yer no really wed.. then ?, this is good lad and will help with yer plans but how long can ye really keep up this fakade lad ? eventually yell have ta tell her or make it so.. have ye bedded her yet? it would be unwise of ye to do so if ye plan ta let her go..

She backed slowly and quietly away not hearing Ians responces nether knew she had heard anything.. or was even there.. she ran back to the lake where Ian had taught her to swim and sat next to it and cryed.

Adewen stayed there until Ian came to find her by then her tears had dryed and she looked right as rain.. she smiled softly and walked back to the cabin with him. She woke in the night and left there bed Ian still sound asleep she left him a note.

- Ian, i know the truth.. have no fear i will not reveal your secret... in return however i ask you not seek me out. i know not what plans you had but youll have to do with out me i am afraid.. i wish you the best and hope never to see you again..

Adewen. -

With that adewen left, she hated to take his horse, but she knew also if she did not do so that he would over take her easly and her leaving would have been for nothing, and so she took the horse and left.. she didnt know where she would go, but for now her only thought was to get far from here.

3 years later..

There was a knock on Adewens door at court and her brother entered at her call. greetings brother she arose and huged him. Her brother would never forget finding her last year.

3 years ago.. she had sent word to her father that she was safe at a convent while Ian continued his work. It was all the information they had been given, not which one or wear but that she was safe.

He had seen Ian off and on and asked after his sister and how she was fairing at the convent and how she faired, and when if ever he might get around to making him an uncle..

By shear chance last year they had news of bandets attacking convents and had gotten information on which was next, but by the time they had arrived his sister had been the only survivor, and she had barly made it at that.

He had intentded to send word to Ian about Adewens condition and what had happened to the convent, but Adewen had taken ill from her injuries and in her delerium told him the truth of the whole situation..

He had remained by her side while she recovered and had vowed the next time he saw Ian that he would run him threw.. he hadnt seen Ian for a year ether because he had been sent North once more, none knew when he would return.

The king had decreed no fighting for the ball they were having was a to celebrate his own up coming wedding, it would be the first event his sister attended in a long while.

She was no longer the young pretty girl she had been 3 years ago, but had grown into a very graceful beauty. Perhaps with any luck he would find her a suitable husbend...
He had pentioned the king last year for a devorce for her.

he couldnt give away Ian because it would drag his sister to the gallows with him, but he could ask for a devorce on the grounds it had been 3 years and they had no children.. and that she had been one of the ones in the last convent attacked.

the king was taking his own time and awaited Ian's return so he could speak with Ian before granting the pention.

Adewens brother understood she had no wish to wed at all if the pention was granted after what happened with Ian she found it hard to trust anyone, not to mention her scars from the attack, tho hidden by her clothing he knew made her selfconsious about her body, and knew she should have been happly wed long ago with little ones of her own.

ready to go down to the ball ? he asked smiling at her, she looked lovely. her long chesnut colored hair piled high on her head in an elegent style, dressed in a lovely dark blue gown with silver trim..

yes brother.. very much so.. i am looking forward to an evening of fun rather than being hidden away with books she said smiling up at him her sea green eyes showing genuine happiness, and taking his arm allowed him to escort her down to the ball.

She did her best not to show how nervos she really felt. She had been at the convent and had learned much there including a love of books, she still had night mares of the attack and what happened.. but now what.. eventually she would see Ian again.. wether they remained wed or not real or not would be up to Ian when he returned.. and if he agreed to the devorce her father and brother would wed her to another... there were times she hated being a woman...
 
Last edited:
in light of the fact that Ian had not presented himself to aruge his side of the enstrangement and wether or not he wished to fight against his wifes wish for a devorice the King after some debate granted the lady adewens request.. she was now a free woman for the time being the king determened that if her brother did not find her a worthy husbened with in the year then by the years end he himself would find her a husbend of his chosing..

a few months had passed conetendedly for adewen tho she sought no suiters the few who had shown interest she had not liked overly much and so kept mostly to herself and could be found ether in the gardens or in the library.. most mens attitude twords a woman who could read found it offensive that she did so... prefering simple minded women they could manipulate and bully .. adewen vowed never to be so foolish as she had been when Ian had tricked her into beleaving them wed ..

Ades brother ran his hand threw his hair as he paced in the library frustrated and angry.. '' Damn it ade we needs find you a husbend and soon else the king will chose for you.. heven knows who he may decide to put you with and once his decision is made it will be final..'' ade glared at her brother as he paced.. '' and just who would you suggest brother who will accept me as i am even if someone would over look the fact that i am what they consider soiled goods wether i truly am or not only you know the truth of.. add to that that i am opinionated and can read well.. there arnt many men who i could accept that would accept me.. and let us not forget the attack on the abby and what shurly many of them think happnend.. and rest assured that had you not arrived when you had it most likely would have... ''

Ades brother frowned '' i know i know.. but shurly someone has gained your interest .. '' he shook his head thinking about most of the ment at court.. no none here would be interested the only ones who might would only be looking at what dowery and lands they could gain from the match and most likely set ihis sister asdie after they wed and take a mistress instead.. they had only a few months left to find someone of there chosing then it would be in the kings hands.. belatedly her brother wondered who the king had in mind.
 
Last edited:
Victor Shanara watched the last lock of coal black hair fall from his shoulder to the stone floor of the Castles east side balcony. The Kingsmaiden moving to fetch the shave blade and bowl now that the haircut was completed. This special occasion called for him to look his best, a few friendly remarks informed him that it has been away since his last grooming. Dark emerald eyes looked into the mirror and was pleased with the skill of his Kingsmaid. "Nicely done. " Vic remarked while slipping a silver piece into the young woman's hand. He was thanked with a smile and a dismissing courtesy.

Vic walked to the railing of the balcony. His scanning over the garden pond was a method of relaxing his most of the time occupied mind. This time his mind was occupied by the Kings Ball that was scheduled for this late autumn night. This was the night that he was to select several woman for courtship, an event that his fathers father made a tradition when the King was unwed, this was a way that he could find the right one to become the Queen. A subject that at the moment wasn't high on his list of things he wanted to accomplish. It's not that Vic didn't want a Queen, it was the fact that most women that was brought to him were the ones that would add power to the kingdom, something that he believed the Kingdom has already acomomplished.

Taking in a deep breath his mind pushed the traditional event to the back of his mind for there was several other meetings with local merchants and Advisor he had to prepare for. More events that he wished he could just push to the side. His advisors were very good at insuring that the things were running smooth and all he really had to do was nod his approval. It wasn't that he couldn't run the kingdom with sill, it was the fact that his advisors had their assistants filtering about the city folk taking in all the wants and needs of the people and reporting back to them, where it was discussed with the other advisor before they were brought before him. So in turn things were outlined in accordance to importance.

The day progressed like thought it would. The advisors filled him in on what was the what and what they thought would be the best action to take. He listened to them with full attention then put out his idea and let them compare the results. Sometimes he won but mostly they had better resolve than he did so he gave into them which he hasn't regretted yet.

When the meetings were over it was time to freshen up and head to the ball. Vic wore the royal attire the Kingsmaiden put out for him, splashed the fragrance oil that she also had out and then looked in the mirror and done some final adjustments to his hair. "Well I hope this night goes fast. He chuckled to himself as he made his way down to the ball.

He was greeted like always when he was out and about. He made his way around making small talk with people he knew or just said hello to those he didn't. Then his gaze fell upon Adewen's frame. He moved over to her and nodded to her. He wondered if she still had hard feelings for him when he wanted to wait for Ian to return home. Greetings Adewen." He whispered to her,"I hope your evening is going well." He was a little nervous around her for the very first time he saw her he has wanted to get to know her better.
 
Adewen saw Victor moving her direction she was not sure how she felt she understood his reasonings for wishing to wait for Ian's return and it was hard she had been very angry when last he approched her, but without revealing the truth of the matter she had no choice but to wait.

She curtsied then arose from it to greet him "M'lord i am honored by your concern and the evening has gone very well thus far. " Her green eyes met his a moment before scanning the room. She was not as richly or adornly dressed as many of the women here. Her style was more elegent for lack of a better discription.

Most of the younger women still made fun of her behind her back but the older women knew better Adewens beauty was a rare one, for she truly had no need of anything more, and was a dangerous one for the girl was not truly aware of it. The kind that even if one of them were to tell her how to use it to get what she wanted never would, and there for was to be welcomed openly shuned privetly.

Her long thick wavy brown hair was done in the style most wore this evening all curled and pinned atop her head so one had no notion how truly long it was. She was dressed in a burgendy velvet gown with gold trim and a hunter green tunic over top which held a golden leafy pattern to it.

The only jewlery she wore was a circlet on her for head a plain gold and garnate pendent as well as two rings. One her brother had given her the other her wedding band which she could not take off until matters were settled.

Ade knew they were drawing attention but she ignored them after all it was rare a woman wished devorce it was unheard of and just not done. Looking back at Victor she asked " who will you dance with this night m'lord there are many here to choose from. How do you choose so that you dont give offence ? "

she brought a hand up to cover her mouth looking a little embarased. " i apollogise i did not mean to speak my thoughts allowed." Her brother arrived then and bowed " Greetings M'lord" Ade sighed she knew what her brother wanted she curtsied and moved away.

Eventually her brother found her out in the gardens " you cant keep leaving so soon. How am i going to get you safely settled ? " Ade stood and faced him yelling " and if i dont want to be..settled what then? i dont want someone who cant see me for me.. and that isnt going to happen because i cant trust anyone but you with the truth.. "

" Then what do you plan to do Ade ? Tell me that ? if you get what you want? " Her brother asked angrly. " You cant come home, you would hate it and after what happened at the last monastary.."

She covered her ears glaring at him " Stop it!" Her brother walked twords her " no i wont you have to ether remain Ians and wait for him or accept a new husbend." She kicked him in the shin and took off running back to her chambers.

She did not get lost here anymore... Her brother stood there watching her go shaking his head as he muttered "stubborn girl" while leaning down rubbing his shin.
 
Last edited:
Vic was about to answer Adewen when all of a sudden her brother stepped forward between them as if making an attempt to separate them. His mind seemed lost to what was going on between them, but it was obvious to those whom seen the expression upon Adewen’s face that she was annoyed when her brother spun to face her after giving his respect to Vic.

When Adewen gave her respect Vic once more was too slow to respond to her dismissing herself before she bolted from the floor. His gaze fell upon her brother whom was holding a look of frustration upon his face as well. Vic’s gaze bounced back from the man to the path that the young lady fled down. It let to the royal gardens.

Vic was forced to stop after a few determining steps toward the same path that Adewen took by a call of his name. When he turned his gaze fell upon several tightly grouped men, three of them were scouts he had sent out a few weeks ago to the land of the Scots. Sighing, he walked away from the path to the men where he took them off the floor and into the private war room to discuss what was going on.

Later that evening he made the trip down the path to the gardens in hopes that maybe she was still there, but the only thing he came to was her brother cursing and rubbing the shin of his leg. Walking forward to the man, “Are you not one of my court guards?” Vic asked quizzically, but didn’t wait for an answer for he already knew he was, “May I ask where your sister is?” once again Vic didn’t wait for an answer for this was going to be a errand that he was going to give to this servant of the court. “I wish to see your sister in the garden just before the fall of the sun.” He didn’t wait for a response as he made his way back to the fountains and waited …
 
Robert straightened as his emanance approched him still looking in the direction his sister had gone wondering how he was going to get her to face reality wishing there was another way but knowing there was no alternitives really.

As soon as he was addressed he turned to his lord and bowed politely feeling somehwhat seepish for as a guard he should have been paying more attention off duty at the moment or not. He did not have a chance to answer his eminance's question, and was surpised that he would ask after his sister.

Once more Robert did not have a chance to answer for he had continued on following the question up with the demand to see her before sunset at the fountin. He bowed once more " as you wish m'lord."

He was curious as to what this ment but dared not hope that his interst lay in more than a breif interlude. However one did not ask many questions nor tell there betters let alone there king no.

He bowed once more. " if you will grant me leave sire i shall go and inform her at once. "
 
Victor gave Robert a dismissing wave with his hand. His thoughts were not reaLy upon the actions of the guard but on Adewen, he wanted to finish the conversation that he was having with her before they were rudely interrupted by her brother.

Vic looked into the deep blue water pool of the fountain while his mind drifted back in time to when he first seen Adewen, then his mind replayed the time he watch d her walking about the market, through the divorce request, and even the times that she was with Ian. He felt somewhat ashamed with this fact that he fancied her while she was with another man, but atleast he didn't react on his feelings for her, but now maybe. He shook his head and knew better for the lords and ladies of his kingdom wouldn't approve of this wedding and would cause problems. No he had to keep them in good spirits for the good of the kingdom. No, he had to give her to one of the lords. This bothered him, but it had to be this way.

He now wished that he didn't have her summoned for he wanted to put this off for as long as possible, but even then it was a fact that was going to happen now or later. His mind tried to figure a way around this but with every thought there was a hinge that defeated his reasoning. He finally decided to play it off as a fact finding meeting to ask her if she has someone in mind to marry or should he start looking for one to wed. He didn't like the way he felt about this, but it has to be this way.
 
Adewen had not yet changed upon reaching her chambers as many of the maids and other servents were as yet below stairs attending to the ball and other matters such events required all the extra hands they could gain.

There for when her brother arrived and informed her of the order to join his Highness in the gardens she was easily able to do so. Adewen had no notion of Victor's feelings for her as anything more than a friendly aquaintance for many reasons.

One she was a merchent's daughter, two she was, had been another's wife even if in name only. Which he elevated her status only a bit. She never would have concived of a notion that he saw her as anything much for being a king in his own right he would chose much higher than such as she.

She came for two reasons, curiosity and one simply did not tell a king even one that wasnt ones own no. As she aproched the gardens she noticed his guards were ever present they stayed back not interfearing but were close enough to protect him should it be neccesary.

He appeared deep in thought about something and some what worried about it. She watched him standing there as the sun started to set. He was an imposing and striking figure with the fountin infront of him the guardens and castle beyond that with the verying colorations of the sky's pink purple and golds..

she almost wished an artist could capture this on canvis.. coming out of the momentary laps she cleared her throat to draw his attention before speaking. "M'lord you wished to speak with me? " she waited for him to turn to her then curtsied this time waiting for permission to rise.
 
Last edited:
Green orbs row from the blue waters to the woman he sent for, seeing her this close made it even more harder to push her away to someone else. He swallowed hard at her beauty, but then seeing her in th clothing of servant brought the fact of the barons not agreeing to his choice of a queen. They could start problems in the kingdom, problems he didn't need at this very moment. He turned away from her, "yes, umm please rise, their is no need for that." He was still slightly stunned by her being so close to him. He could smell her scent carried to us nostrils by the slight breeze cascading around them.

"Umm," the lump in his throat made it hard to speak, the uncertainty of his feeling were the major reason why he could not think straight. He closed his eyes and took a deep inhale of the evenings air. He was so disappointed with himself for being so tacky. Here he was a king controing the lives of thousands and yet he could not speak straight to one or his subjects.

He refocused upon her once more. "I have sent for you to ask if you have been asked for your hand yet?" The wording was jarrish and almost unclear to even his own mind. He tried again, "Should I be looking for your husband to be or have you acepted a proposal from anyone?" He looked at her for the first time as something more than just a subject of his, but he swallowed that notion and stood before her as her King.
 
Adewen arose from the curtsy her hands shaking as she tried to keep them relaxed rather than allowing them to fist she knew this conversation had been aproching however she had hoped not quite so soon. Her brother had managed to find one or two sutiers shed turned them all down tho. It wasnt her they wanted.

If the king chose for her it would be with the advantage of the kingdom in mind, and not her well being as all wards of the kingdoms were in one fashion or another. Yet there was none she would choose for herself ether.

" I have not accepted any .. if his Lordship has someone in mind.. i have no choice but to accept. " She tryed focusing on the roses not looking at him directly thinking that if she kept her thoughts on how lovely they looked and smelled then perhaps she could.

Could what avoid fate.. her brow furrowed with thought she wasnt aware how she looked as she debated the only true option left to her did she want to remain unwed, but did she do that it not only disgraced her but her family along with her she would never be able to return if she ran away and made a life for herself on her own.

No.. sadly she could not she had the courage tho it was a scary prospect she loved her family too much tho her father blamed her for her mothers passing she could not do that to them.

Looking up at his highness she noticed for the first time that his eyes were as green as her own, his hair was long and dark she had always known he was handsome and had seen him often enough but one never truly looked directly at those above them in station.

Now however aside from the guards they were here alone and she was looking at him as if he were a person if only for a moment rather than a king. Recovering her self she looked back down. " apologies for staring M'Lord.. did you.. dose his majesty have someone in mind? "
 
What was he doing? Why not seek happiness for himself! He, as his father always did, made sure the baronies of their kingdom were well taken care of, ensured that the means of survival was there for them to grasp and survive. Yes, there were hardships and not all the people had nice things but at least there was food and water, yes, it might have only been bread and cheese for meat was a little more hard to spread around to all, but they did the best they could. So why would the barons get angry? He stopped immediately after that ridiculous self-asked question for he knew why, GREED!

He looked away from Adewen for her beauty was making things even harder to concentrate on the path he should take. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as the taunting situation weighted heavily upon his conscience. His green orbs fell to the small gold fish that swim in the bottom of the fountain pool. Their multiple colors reflecting in the falling sun’s rays seemed to lighten his heart.

He turned back toward her, allowing his emerald orbs to settle upon hers when she answered his question about being spoken for. He nodded his understanding, but said nothing when she asked her question of him and his knowledge of someone he could betroth her too. His gaze falling from her orbs to the stone flooring beneath them. He wanted to much to tell her what is going through his mind, but what would that do but cause more hardship for her. He laughed internally at himself for here he was going nuts over this woman and he didn’t really even know her. A slight shame came over her allowing the desire to be with a gorgeous woman dictated his actions and the stability of his kingdom.

“No, I have not found anyone, but with the events going on in the rim communities, I haven’t really had the time to do a careful search for a suitable suitor.” He spoke softly to her, “Not that your issue isn’t a concern of the court for it is, its just the need of the many out weight the need of one.” He wanted to ensure she knew that he wasn’t belittling her issue.

He seemed puzzled for a second when she didn’t give a quick response but caught her staring at him with a look of normalcy rather than speaking to someone above her station. This brought a warming sensation to him for he was getting tired of the bow, them waiting to be told to rise, then the stand straight as a board routine that he gets everyday, he enjoyed being treated like a common man.

“It’s quite alright! Do I have something on my face or in my teeth?” he tried to ease the excuse that her mind must be going through of why she was staring at him, however, it did make him feel that pull from her that he was trying to fight off, that desire to be with a gorgeous lady, but maybe if he would allow himself to get to know her better, than maybe something could come of this, then the thought of the Baronies hit again.

“Damn it!” he spouted out loud not thinking, “OH I’m sorry!” he rattled off quickly, “I just have had a long day and I’m just a little on the tired side.” Which was the truth but not of why he cursed outward into the evening air.

His gaze rose back to her eyes, “Would you like to go back to the party and dance with me?” he decided to chase a relationship with this young lady…
 
Ade blushed, looking swiftly back up at him " no your lordship there is nothing wrong with you. " she decided as they were alone to be honest. " i was staring because.. i " before she could explain he cursed her eyes widened and she stepped back a moment looking down again.

she listened as he apologized " I understand sire you have no need to explain, you have much on your mind. i am honored that you have not forgotten me and i would be happy to return to the ball in your presence " She was nervous but surprisingly she was not as angry as she had been before over the situation.

He was right after all there were much more pressing issues at present aside from her personal needs, she had been letting her anger, as well as fear over Ian, and the situation between them to cloud her judgement in all else. Much was happening between England and Scotland not to mention other countries.

Meeting his gaze again with out thinking she spoke to him as she would anyone. " i am content to bide my time, in truth i am in no hurry. " She smiled softly tho it did not quite reach her eyes the possibility of what could happen to her if Ian were ever discovered as a spy frightened her, for altho she had no part in it, she could be condemned along with him.

" Shall we sire ? " she asked awaiting his lead.
 
Victor smiled with her acceptance of his apology, but he was curious in a way of what she was going to say before his cursing stopped her. He had a feeling of what she was going to say, but without her saying it, he wasn’t going to assume anything. Assuming was something he learned not to do a long time ago, for that mistake caused a lot of trouble for him when he was just a lad.

“No Adewen, I don’t think you have to worry about being forgotten.” He bravely replied but came to slightly worry about now just a few moments after saying it. He hated this positioning, this political aspect of being one in power. Yes, he could come to a stance of not caring what the barons say or want but that would only make his kingdom grow to a point of possible civil war, something that he wanted to avoid without question, but the sense that it made him feel powerless in his own life angered him.

Waving the anger to the side, Victor held out his arm to the gorgeous young lady upon her approval to accompany him to the dance floor. His mind maneuvering to a thought that maybe this would be one way to test to see if there is any one of his Baron’s gives disapproval when he dances with Adewen. He instantly felt guilty of thinking of this for he had no intentions of using her in this manner. Deciding to be honest, “Adewen, do you mind if I use this dance more than having the pleasure of dancing with you?” He ensured that he turned and looked her in the eyes. He wanted her to see that he didn’t like what he was asking but in the other hand he had to use the opportunities that was handed to him.
 
" i do not mind at all. Please do as you see fit sire." Adewen responded to his question a slight blush touching her cheeks as she wondered if he truly found it a pleasure to dance with her or was simply being polite.

She took her place in his arms for the dance following his lead as the music began, and for a time in spite of all the whispered comments, looks and conversations going on round them. Temporarily set aside her worries if only for the evening, determined to enjoy the moment for she knew he would not dance with her long before finding another partner.

He was a king and alto that gave him cretin rights and privileges it also had its dangers. When the song ended she curtsied but rather than keeping her gaze down she looked up at him smiling softly. " Thank you your grace. "
 
Victor was lost while his emerald eyes gazed into the jaded orbs of the young lady standing before him. His heart pounded heavily against his ears with the emotion that was running through his veins, his mind replayed the moments of the dance when he thought about how she felt in his arms, how her scent graced the area about them with each twirl she performed. How her eyes gleamed and sparkled with each smile that her lovely lips presented to him. He had to fight back the images for they were begin to effect him in ways that would not be appropriate at the present time. Her spoken words drew his attention from the images to what she was saying to him. Her gorgeous orbs remained locked with his gaze.

He instantly looked over her shoulder to the constructor of the music and nodded to him to continue with this type of music. Once more the soft, slow music filled the air, Victor looking back into the orbs of the young lady. His heart pounded once more with the anticipation of holding her close to him jittered his words as he began to speak, clearing his throat, “May I have another dance with you?” His hands reaching out, but not gasping a hold of her until she gave him an answer.

Victor could feel the effects of the wanting desire that was surging through him. He wanted to be with this woman, he wanted to touch her, to hold her, to feel her soft skin against his, he didn’t care about the baron’s at the moment the only thing that was on his mind was the gorgeous woman standing before him. He began to wonder what she looked like under the garments that shielded her form. He wondered how her soft lips would feel against his, he wondered how those lips would taste. He could feel the effects of his wondering about her begin to rise between his legs…
 
Ade arose from the curtsy as he asked her to dance with him once more. She smiled " i would be honored" and truly she was. She wasn't thinking of him as a king in this moment tho she really should be she saw at an attractive man.

She felt safe because she had no illusions as to her own status. She felt the strength and genteelness in his arms as he guided her across the floor. His ashurity and graceful lath like movements had her imagining things she had not experienced but had heard others speak of which brought a blush to her cheeks.

She attempted to look away from him for a few moments as she realized she was stairing again, but soon her gaze returned to his.
 
Victor grew slightly agitated by the whispers of the crowd that turned Adewen’s face red and away from him, but then when she returned her gaze back to him it melted that agitation for all that mattered at the moment was holding her in his arms. The feel of her hand within his, the feel of the soft part of the lower back where his hand rested, he slowly began to rub and squeeze the soft flesh. His eyes looking into her for any signs of uncomforting emotion for it comes about he would instantly stop.

He leaned into her, slightly pulling her closer to him. He wanted to know if she was willing to make this more of a dance between them, not a formal type of dance. He could feel his heart pounding away, the feel of the knot in his throat, and the sincere hope in his heart that she allowed him to pull her deeper into his arms. He had no alterative motive except just wanting to be closer to her, he wanted to smell her scent all the time, not just when she twirled around. He wanted to feel the heat of her body next to his, to feel her soft flesh pushed up against his.

“If this bothers you please say so, and I shall back away. I find you very appealing.” He whispered to her as he pulled her even more into his arms. His eyes glaring at the people whom was making the comments as if they say another word he would deal with them personally.
 
Did it bother her, no not as she thought perhaps it should, she felt warm and surprisingly comfortable in his arms as they danced. She felt him lightly squeeze, and gently rub his fingers against her lower back as he guided her.

She found herself imagining what it might be like to be with him, and blushed it was not unheard of for a king to take a mistress, however that was not something she wanted. He would soon choose a husband for her, and the annulment was being granted on the grounds that Ian had not consummated there union.

She had been examined by the kings own examiners to prove what she said was truth, if she could bring nothing else to whom ever was chosen she would be honorable in that sense. She was curious however, wondering how Ian had tricked her and.. what experience he had robbed her of, and would have continued to rob her of had she remained at his side.

She looked down trying not to cry as thoughts of Ian intruded, he would have robed her of so much and she would have thought herself barren. She shook her head bringing herself back to the present. " apologies my mind wonders, i need some air m"lord. "

She finished the dance with him, and waited for permission to go to the balcony for a few moments allowing him some space if he wished it, and too did he eventually Marry any of the numbers of women present this evening she had no wish to make an enemy of them.. little did she know as he had danced with her more than once enemies were already being made.
 
Vic nodded his understanding and gestured toward the balcony. His gaze shifted to the onlookers whom were diligently gossiping among the other onlookers. He did note a few of the barons eyeing him and slightly shaking their head in a non accepting fashion, but at the moment that didn’t matter.

He turned around and was caught off guard by Trina, “My Lord may I have a dance with you?” asked the Baron’s daughter of the Northern lands. She had this look of mischief upon her face. He knew this was an attempt to off set what just occurred and if he refused that would start the boulder rolling down the hillside.

He looked over to Adewen and excused himself to her, “I shall be with you in a few moments.” he gave her an apologetic look before turning to Trina and accepted her hands for the dance. He continued to look over to the balcony where Adewen said she would be but with all the turns and twists that Trina was doing it was hard to see if she remained there or left the festival.

When the dance was over he decided to just go to a neutral location and wait to see if Adewen came back or to see whom would come to him with either complaints of what he did or praised him for the deed or just to attempt to get on his good side, either way his mind was on Adewen.
 
Adewen had enjoyed the night air for a few moments, and returned to the ball room watching his Majesty dance with another young woman. Another male approached her at the start of the next set she had seen Victor move off of the floor but in the crowed had lost sight of him and so as not to be rude or cause any undue speculation accepted the request to dance.

The Gentleman was not a great dancer but nor was he too terrible as he guided her across the floor. When it ended a bell was sounded to announce the evenings feast was to begin, the crowed shuffled forward the male with her bowed and asked to escort her inside.

She was saved by her brother arriving once more this time to her relief " i shall accompany my sister sir but i think you for your offer " The male moved off Ade smiled up at her brother. " Thank you" He nodded and together they followed the flow of guests to take their place at the lower tables.
 
Victor lowered his head when the announcement came and everyone began to take their places at he rows of tables. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes and did a quick response to his announcement reactions.

His gaze did find Adewen, she was sitting with her brother on the lower leveled tables, that put a hinge upon things as he looked up the levels of tables that represented the power level of his kingdom. A way of life that he didn't like but one that he was failed to change, not by choice, but economics. He lowered his head as he looked up at the top tables to Trina and her father, both whom looked upon him with smiling faces.

He lowered his head once more and slowly walked up to the top level, once there everyone stood up out of respect, he used his hands to motion for all to have a seat. He looked over the crowd, a hardened look upon his face while his heart was feeling pain in what he had to do.

"Hello Everyone, I wish to start this with the decision I have made with the wedlock of Ian and Adewen Ross." He looked over to Trina and her father then back to Adewen. "I hear by dissolve their Betrothal. I have found a suitor for the young lady." He looked at her, remembering the dance, the way she felt and how it felt to hold her. "I betroth her to Me." He looked at her while all the angered shouts were flying about.

Two men at arms moved to her side and escorted her from the ball room to a private quarters. They awaited at the door until the King dismissed them.
 
Back
Top