I wonder if ideas ever become stories?

donaldelliott11

Literotica Guru
Joined
Dec 7, 2006
Posts
519
I'm only here once in a while, but I don't see much evidence that ideas ever become stories. I guess most would-be writers of erotica have pretty good ides what they want to write about?

But here is my complicated idea. It was inspired by some first-hand comments by a poster here on LitForum in another context. It has 2 bi characters. [A would-be author who is more comfortable writing straight sex, or gay sex, could focus on scenes of the one, not the other.]

An essential (to me) thread in this story is who knows what, when, and what other the characters think they know about who knows what. Is that clear? <smile>.

1) A dominant bisexual man has seduced a submissive married male co-worker. [Insert much gay sex here.] Dom meets the sub's unsuspecting wife at some sort of office party.

2) Dom decides sub's wife is pretty hot, so he seduces her. [Insert much straight sex here.] Dom enjoys sex with hubby in the office, and cuckold's wife in their home. He enjoys fact that neither spouse knows the other is cheating, let alone know that they're cheating with HIM. He's having sex with both of them.

3) Dom lessens wife's guilty feelings by outing his colleague (but not himself) to the wife. Shows her pics of hubby having some sort of sex with an unidentifiable male. They both, for their own obvious reasons, increasingly disrespect him, she as her husband/lover and he as his colleague/boss. When they are together now, they both get a thrill from denigrating him. They gloat that he's a clueless fool, and Dom gloats that wife knows hubby's a fag, but DOESN'T know that he is himself bi-sexual.

4) Hubby finds out. He first discovers he's being cuckolded, but not by whom, and he gets a masochistic thrill out of it. Wife becomes increasingly dominant in their bedroom. Forces him to give her more oral attention, and even feeds him surreptitious creampies, while denying him "normal" intercourse. He loves all of it (and knows darned well he's eating sloppy pussy!)

5) He arranges a hidden vidcam so he can watch them, and discovers the bull's identity. He gets even more masochistically excited. Allows them to continue all of it - the gay sex outside the house and the cuckolding inside.

6) I don't care how the author ends this. Cuckold could divorce the wife and fire the co-worker, though I'm not sure why he would. The wife could dump him, but again, why? He could let them know he knows everything, and wants to continue on his terms, whatever those might be.

I hope somebody has fun with this. Of all the good writers I follow, it seems that this might best suit Dixeenormous or Cyanlot, perhaps Walterio.
 
Your story sounds almost like a screwball comedy out of the 1930s. I could see it being played for laughs, or very seriously. Either way, it would be interesting. Probably pretty long, too. I would probably have them end up all living together and continuing to have sex together. I love a happy ending.

As for your earlier question, sure, sometimes story ideas are taken up by authors. I have written two that were suggested right here ("His Better Half" and "An Hour Before the Wedding"). I have plenty of ideas of my own, but sometimes somebody else's idea sounds fresher in my mind and looks like fun.
 
I've written stories based on and credited to ideas here. "Gift Box" comes to mind; I've not yet consumed enough coffee to recall the others. As for your idea: Go for it!
 
I write what interests me with more practice I might even write it well. ;-)
Boy-boy does not interest me, IRL I love being spit-roasted by two boys, but if they fucked each other where would that leave me!

'Sara's Protector' (imaginary friend returns to woman in crisis) Sci Fi and 'Wednesday' (parents are voyeurs to step sibling romance) I/T are stories of mine based at least in part on ideas from the forum.

'Weissmaedchen Lorelei' (woman has several brothers) I/T is pending.

The Cavelier Chronicles Ch1 (daughter discovers mom is the family slut) I/T Ch2 (a fan fiction) LW are in various stages of completion

EDIT: Almost forgot 'Doctor Kell' (J.Kell) Sci Fi a second Marston-Byrne story where a researcher literally splits his personality and cuckolds himself (different person when lights go out) is pending. (Grandma never learned to do needlepoint so she writes dirty stories instead.;-))

Favorite me and they will appear (oh such a shameless plug I should be terribly embarrassed) when published.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann
 
Last edited:
Certainly ideas do get picked up. My Film Noir came from an idea here.

Equally certainly, not every idea does. Most writerqs have things they are more comfortable writing about. Once in a while, they meet ideas that work for them.

Good luck.
 
Last edited:
Equally certainly, not every idea does. Most writer’s have things they are more comfortable writing about. Once in a while, they meet ideas that work for them.
Ideas are mutable. The SI process: post a plot bunny or more. Others critique and pulverize and mutate it. Some setups generate zillions of follow-ups, most of which are unlikely to proceed. But every now and then... I spew many mad possibilities on SI postings. I usually then save those to my own IDEAS folder. And some of those get written. But the vast majority don't.

Ideas follow Sturgeon's Law.
 
Pamela - Almost a Threesome

Thanks to Lost_Yonder, whose suggestion number ..?.. I've take - to some degree, not in a one-to-one manner in "Pamela - Almost a Threesome"
 
Thanks to Lost_Yonder, whose suggestion number ..?.. I've take - to some degree, not in a one-to-one manner in "Pamela - Almost a Threesome"
Is that a published story? Can you post a link to it? Or is it in progress and we must await?
 
This is a hobby for me. (Grandma never learned to do needlepoint so she writes naughty stories instead.) I write what I feel like writing. Some are non-fiction and fiction derived from true stories. Other fiction is a vehicle for an idea rolling around in my head. I find SI useful in the latter case. Tweaking or modifying a vehicle offered on SI to carry my idea to you poor unsuspecting victims, uh, I mean readers.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann
 
I think your story idea has a lot of promise. It could be an excellent, and complex, story. The interesting question for me is how to handle the POV. Should it be from the Dom's point of view, or from an omniscient third person POV. I think the latter would be better, because it would be interesting to explore the thoughts of all three of the characters. Or the story could be told from the points of view of just the wife and the husband, which would hold open the possibility that the reader would experience more directly their surprise at finding out who their lover was. Either way, I think it's a good idea.

Probably the reason more submitted ideas don't become stories is that authors are so busy developing their own ideas it's not easy to put them aside and take on somebody else's ideas. I've written two stories for couples who were interested in hot wife/partner stories. They only gave me very broad ideas for what they wanted, and I supplied the rest. I think the results were pretty good, and they were happy with them, but I found it harder trying to write a story based on somebody else's request than writing a story I'd originated from the ground up.
 
I have a story picked up from something here called Transplant.

https://www.literotica.com/s/transplant

I have another story (not finished) that I got here. It's about half written and one day I'll pick it back up. :)

I also have stories that are similar to ideas posted here that I was already working on.

A lot of ideas posted here resemble existing stories in Lit. There's no sense reinventing the wheel unless you can bring something new to it.
 
I have a story picked up from something here called Transplant.

https://www.literotica.com/s/transplant

I have another story (not finished) that I got here. It's about half written and one day I'll pick it back up. :)

I also have stories that are similar to ideas posted here that I was already working on.

A lot of ideas posted here resemble existing stories in Lit. There's no sense reinventing the wheel unless you can bring something new to it.

"Listen here Hillary, I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met in a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground."

Val Kilmer to Lucy Gutteridge in Top Secret (1984)

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann
 
"Listen here Hillary, I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met in a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist, only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island, who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground."

Val Kilmer to Lucy Gutteridge in Top Secret (1984)

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann

Great movie, thanks for the trip down memory lane ... loved the scene with the Pinto!
 
Here's an idea for y'all to work on, torn from today's news: Owners of Noah's Ark replica sue insurers over rain damage. Don't bother reading the story. Just take a rain-damaged Ark which now-bankrupt owners must sell... to a pr0n syndicate that turns it into a brother and fuck-flick studio. Hilarity ensues. What's the final image? Try a 19-woman oral-genital daisychain... and a white dove lands in the middle. The End.
 
Back
Top