I have cancer too

I can't take Ibuprofen anyway. Ablation sounds like the least invasive procedure and if they screw up they can go back in with the da Vinci or the gut me method. What scares me most is it's sitting close to where the blood vessels and ureter are attached, and they do it blind. Should happen next Wednesday, four weeks from discovery. I finally got to see all the CT scans. It's all very surreal.

I was wondering how you are doing? I know you are probably quite sore if you had your surgery. If you did, how did it go? Were they able to clear all the margins? Best wishes and take care.....and be careful sneezing. That sucks. ;)

I was wondering how you are doing? I know you are probably quite sore if you had your surgery. If you did, how did it go? Were they able to clear all the margins? Best wishes and take care.....and be careful sneezing. That sucks. ;)

No surgery. Ablation. Very little pain from the procedure itself, mostly the effects of laying on my face for 5 fours under general. I won't know if it worked until they CT it in a couple months.

No surgery. Ablation. Very little pain from the procedure itself, mostly the effects of laying on my face for 5 fours under general. I won't know if it worked until they CT it in a couple months.

Well hopefully the angst is a little lessened with the thought that it is removed. I'm glad they were able to avoid full on surgery. Recovery is faster and the scars much smaller...a small sense of positivity. Good luck with your recovery!

Found out today for sure. No revelations. No life changing plans. I would just like to survive it.

No, I'm not Ishmael.

I saw this when you first posted it, and thought about responding then, but thought better of it. After seeing some of the responses, I've changed my mind.

I'm a cancer survivor who was told back in 1997 I had very little chance of making it five years. Almost no chance, in fact. As you can see, I'm still here.

In my case it's come back, even at this late date, so I'm having to fight it again. That's why I didn't respond originally.

But hey, I'm still here for the rematch, and I plan to fight the good fight, just like always. Win or lose.

Keep your chin up. Or down, and your hands up. Whatever it takes. Good luck.

I saw this when you first posted it, and thought about responding then, but thought better of it. After seeing some of the responses, I've changed my mind.

I'm a cancer survivor who was told back in 1997 I had very little chance of making it five years. Almost no chance, in fact. As you can see, I'm still here.

In my case it's come back, even at this late date, so I'm having to fight it again. That's why I didn't respond originally.

But hey, I'm still here for the rematch, and I plan to fight the good fight, just like always. Win or lose.

Good luck and best wishes.

You beat it once, you can do it again. Best of luck to you.

I get that. Around here it's often best to mask the weaknesses and imperfections or risk being ostracized by the cool kids.

Fuck 'em and fuck cancer.

Living it with my father. All the best and keep holding on to hope and faith.

I had really been neglecting my health as far as doctors go, not that any routine exam would have found it anyway. Now I'm paranoid about all the nagging things that I've been avoiding.

I'm sorry to hear about the rematch . Attitude is everything as you well know. Best wishes & Good luck, kick it's ass again.

Had my 6 month ct scan today. Still freaks me out when the iodine contrast goes in the iv and my body heats up. Might know something tomorrow. Can't really worry about it.

Had my 6 month ct scan today. Still freaks me out when the iodine contrast goes in the iv and my body heats up. Might know something tomorrow. Can't really worry about it.

It always feels like hot wet sand is moving through my body and pooling on the table.

Found out today for sure. No revelations. No life changing plans. I would just like to survive it.

No, I'm not Ishmael.

lolwut.gif

I jsut knew you were joking, and were going to say "I have cancer...

in Saturn trine Jupiter, square Ascendant in Aquarius, 16 degrees."

or something lol

I was diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer in August. I had a resection (about eight inches of colon removed) and am now going through chemo as a preventative. I hope your CT scan results are for the best. I did not get that reaction to the iodine contrast. I am reacting to cold from the oxaliplatin. One of the chemo drugs I get. It is an annoying tingling sensation in my fingers and the same in my throat. I miss having cold drinks. I guess I'm lucky to live in a warm climate. Again hope all goes well. I dont worry about recovery. I know I will beat this. Just a bump in the road. Just from reading your posts, I believe you to be a strong person and have no doubt you will also.

:cool:

Back