Should certain men be STERILIZED?

You are still speaking as if over-population is a problem in the US and it isn't.

A stable population, no growth-no decline, is achieved with a fertility rate of 2.1 children per female. The US fertility rate is currently 2.06. The European nations are even worse off, they've been dying for decades now. Since the 1980's any growth in the European population has occurred because of immigration and because the non-assimilating immigrants have unusually high fertility rates. The same is becoming true in the US. The epicenters of outrageous fertility rates are in Africa, the Middle East, and South/Central America more or less in that order. (Number 1 is Niger with an average of 7.03 children born to every woman.)

Ishmael


Is that 7.03 figure an absolute number or is it net of prevailing child mortality rates by country?

The latter being the more meaningful number, obviously.
 
You are still speaking as if over-population is a problem in the US and it isn't.

A stable population, no growth-no decline, is achieved with a fertility rate of 2.1 children per female. The US fertility rate is currently 2.06. The European nations are even worse off, they've been dying for decades now. Since the 1980's any growth in the European population has occurred because of immigration and because the non-assimilating immigrants have unusually high fertility rates. The same is becoming true in the US. The epicenters of outrageous fertility rates are in Africa, the Middle East, and South/Central America more or less in that order. (Number 1 is Niger with an average of 7.03 children born to every woman.)

Ishmael

The difference between the UK and the US fertility rates was small but significant. The UK, in theory, was not replacing its population. But that has changed.

In practice, net migration into the UK has made the total population increase over the last decade. Net migration has REDUCED since 2010.

FROM UK Government Data:

The population of the UK was estimated to be 63.7 million in mid-2012, up from the estimated 63.3 million in mid-2011. This represents a growth of 419,900 (0.7%) in the year to 30 June 2012.

In the UK there were 813,200 births and 558,800 deaths occurring in the year to 30 June 2012. This is the largest number of births seen since the year to mid-1972.

The population of the UK aged 65 and over was 10.8 million (17% of the UK population) in mid-2012.

The estimated flow of international migrants to the UK in the year to 30 June 2012 was 517,800 and estimated outflow for the same period was 352,100. This means that UK net migration was 165,600 in the year to mid-2012.

The population increase of the UK in the year to 30 June 2012 was caused by there being 254,400 more births than deaths (61% of the increase) and 165,600 more international migrants arriving than emigrants leaving (39% of the increase).

The mid-2012 population of the UK ranks third, behind Germany and France when compared to other member states of the European Union.

The absolute increase in population of the UK was greater than that of any other European Union member state during the 12 months to 30 June 2012.

 
Last edited:
And who gets to decide this?
You?
The Government?
The UN?

Off the top of my head, the decision should go to a small panel of elected and state officials. Members of this panel should be college educated and have no more than ten years in law, medicine or science.

Also, they should be women. Men could be too bias.:D
 
Last edited:
With every year, overpopulation will take more of our dwindling resources, like fuel, water, food, while causing pollution and environment problems. What could help is we have less babies.
Birth control and abortion does help with that but perhaps the next step to that is to have certain men sterilized. The question is on what reasons should a man be sterilized?

Criminal record?
History of violence?
History of mental illness?
Low SAT scores?

Please note, this is not THE solution but rather A solution.

I'm SORRY...Could you repeat that, I was too busy Goose-Stepping to hear what you said.:rolleyes:

What race should we start with first?
 
Back
Top